Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 7:34 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Spittledung for playing a multiplayer game of MajX, last night. It was only coop, and on a simple map, but it was fun to do.

Thanks!

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

All your base are belong to us.

Spittledung

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome. It was very fun. We'll do it again sometime. I also enjoyed watching a pro like yourself and the manner/choice of buildings. Also I felt good with my efforts since I was only about 5000-7000 gold in development behind you.

FYI: I lived in Plano, TX for a year. It was back in the 70's when the town was still growing.

------------------

Spittledung

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 9:50 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Since you guys posted publicly, what were the settings and the summary of play?

------------------
Thwip!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 11:19 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure, but something more or less like this:

Coop play (Eliminate all foes)
New Settlement
Conclave of Shamans
Harpies
I'm not sure of the special events.

My biggest worry was harpies, as in multiplayer they can pick one player and rag him. I was top right corner, so I was relieved, as Harpies usually gang up on a lower edge player.
I checked with Spittle later in the game, and he hadn't seen any harpies... neither had I at that point.
Since the map settings were relatively simple, I took a leisurely route: Rangers Guild and Marketplace to start, then Warrior's Guild to defend from harpies. Recruit 4 Rangers, build an Inn. Upgrade Palace.
Once the Palace went up: Wall Street (4 Inns and a Magic Bazaar around a guardhouse), Temple to Agrela, Temple to Dauros, Elven Bungalow, Blacksmith.

By this time I had 4 healers, 4 Rangers and 2 Monks, and hadn't seen any Harpies, so I went straight into Paladins.

Once the Guilds were full and the Blacksmith and Magic Bazaar were fully upgraded, I let the cash flow in, upgraded the palace and threw down Helia and a Fairgrounds. This is contrary to normal multiplay for me. The important point is to have the Sorcerer's Guild ready when you want to Gate. The initial build (as opposed to the 2 upgrades) takes forever. Normally, once the Palace goes to level 3 (and income will rise) I put the sorcerer's guild down with the helia.
Prime spot for it is next to a Fairgrounds, or within range of Warriors' guilds (so they can be called to arms and Gated.)
So, now all I do is let my folk fight, heal anyone in trouble, upgrade the Abode, and then start Gating in to wherever lairs are collected.

------------------

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 7:13 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Was there an agreement not to use Krolm?

------------------
Thwip!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:48 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
Was there an agreement not to use Krolm?

No. Remember, this wasn't LPS, where we kill one another, but eliminate all foes, where we kill the monsters, and don't have to fight one another.

Actually, I don't remember any of our heroes getting into fights, either, which does happen a lot, even with no attack flags, in NE when playing coop.

I will rarely, and I mean RARELY agree to use no Krolm. I won't always use it, even in games where it's been discussed, but I won't allow for editting of the game other than through the build tree. But I've never gotten to a load screen and seen building limits from the host, either.

------------------

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 12:54 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

i've only had limited expansion multiplaying experience but ive noticed the harpies arent usually as bad in expansion multi games compared too the original mutiplayer games.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:48 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

But even for Coop play, I would have thought Krolm would be a good way to go, especially with the follow & support from the Rangers and the Barbs tendency to hunt things.

It seems basically like a single-player quest with two people playing

------------------
Thwip!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:29 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
But even for Coop play, I would have thought Krolm would be a good way to go, especially with the follow & support from the Rangers and the Barbs tendency to hunt things.

It seems basically like a single-player quest with two people playing

Yes, it does, but you can take on bigger and more powerful forces. Also, if you choose different Guild paths, you can complement one another's strats.

And some people just like the idea of playing coop, rather than cutthroat... (I'm not one of them, tho')

------------------

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 10:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Also, if you choose different Guild paths, you can complement one another's strats.

Ah. So sometimes people agree on what path they're going to take before they play? ('cause I'm not sure how you'd know if you don't discuss it beforehand)

------------------
Thwip!

Spittledung

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Build an Embassy.

------------------

Spittledung

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Ah. So sometimes people agree on what path they're going to take before they play? ('cause I'm not sure how you'd know if you don't discuss it beforehand)

Not really, but you know what you're gonna get when you play certain people.

------------------

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 7:55 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Steven: Gotcha.

quote:
Originally posted by Spittledung:
Build an Embassy.

Well, I figured that later in the game but Steven was talking about complementing the other player's forces and do that effectively it seems you'd need to know from the get-go what each intends to play (otherwise it seems you might build the same path, get an Embassy and see that, so one of you destroys that path to build another).

------------------
Thwip!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: