Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Multiplayer Post-Mortems
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2001 2:36 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

I played a couple of very interesting multiplayer games over the weekend, the keys to which, of course with me playing, was use of the Gate Spell.

Both games involved use of the Small Serpent Lairs map. This is an interesting map to use, as although there are a good number of Medusa Lairs pumping out foes, the channel from one player-corner to the other is free of Lairs, allowing Heroes to move easily between towns.

I played Golem in one game, and his forces were based on the current fave: Solarii-Healers. I guess the main idea is that you buid a couple of Markets, then Elves, Healers, Lvl 3 Palace and a couple of Helia Temples. Thus, you get an economy, and cheap healing for the best fighters in the game.

This game was the usual close fought Hero battle, with the exception of my spending a lot of money on my Sorcerer's Abode, to get Gate. I had to pick a target, so I chose his Fairgrounds. This can be a dangerous target, as anyone in there when you attack will defend. But, since it's not a Guild, noone defends it as "home'.

Nearby the Fairgrounds were Agrela Temples and a Wizard's Guild, so everything I wanted to kill was nearby. Without Lightning Storm or a Gate of his own, Golem couldn't do much to Rally defense versus my 4-4-8 Priestesses-WoDs-Rogues.

The game versus {MW}Krypta went much the same... same map, although we had Super Lairs instead of Respawning Lairs. This time, when Gate time came, I teleported in to destroy Krypta's two Temples to Krypta. Thence, I destroyed the Marketplace and the Palace.

The Key to using Gate, now, seems to be to target something critical, but not the Palace. When the Palace is attacked, everyone comes back to 'Defend the Realm'. If you target a critical Guild, only the followers of that Building will come racing home. The exception, of course, is Barbarians, who will drop whatever they're doing to defend the rangers' Guild.

My favourite targets, then, are the 'double' guild (whatever someone beilieves is important enough to have two of), or the Marketplaces/Inns. I don't target Solarii, if I can, as I don't want them racing home to fight my Priestesses... unless I also have WoDs.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

[This message has been edited by Steven Of Nine (edited 06 August 2001).]

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2001 3:37 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

I have much of the same luck with Gate. Only I messed up one time and attacked his palace and got killed bye his solarus. This was a 3 way game me MW Trapper MW Braygon. I beat trapper and was headed to braygon but quit paying to much attention and lost my sorcerors abode. then he beat me with his stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TRAPPER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 9:30 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

this should be called the brag post instead of the post mordems yea craig you destoyed my palace but you didnt say it took you 3
rushes and two grave yards to do it. so before you brag about beating someone you should give them some credit it makes you look even better ask SHINY_PONY.

------------------
GL/HF{MW}TRAPPER
IN THE NAME OF THE SLOBERING

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 10:54 pm    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Trapper,

I didn't see Craig's post as "bragging" at all. He was simply discussing a multiplayer game and explaining how he ended up losing because he stopped paying attention. Please note that he's talking about a game he ultimately lost, here. Where's the bragging? Untwist your britches... it's all about having fun, right?

By the way, it's my impression that Steven started this topic as a way to discuss different strategies in MP Majesty - both winning AND losing. Let's keep it that way and not turn it into a battle of egos. Alright?

- Twy

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
MWBraygon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 6:34 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

very well put Twy I commend you on that.Yes lests keep it this way.I find using gate helps but I also have a few different strategys I'm trying out.1 I will share with you know. When i fist start building i go with 2 ranger guilds right away.later on in the game when I got my cash flow going,usually after i get level 3 palace at least 4 inns and a fairgrounds,and depends on what I'm trying weather i do Helia or Lenord.I will Try do do a trading post with a warrior guild above it,( $$$ provided an outpost).Then I will move 1 of my ranger guilds to the new area and in its place build a wizzy guild.Then put 2 warrior guilds near my sorceror's abode.That's about all I'm willing to share at this point.

------------------
My soul is replenished.
HA HA HA HA HA
{MW}Braygon lets go {MW}

MWBraygon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 6:39 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

play me shiny_pony please

------------------
My soul is replenished.
HA HA HA HA HA
{MW}Braygon lets go {MW}

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 7:18 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MWBraygon:
play me shiny_pony please

I'll look for you this weekend in MajX.

------------------

- Kes, "Lifesigns"

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 8:13 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Bray vs. Pony... hmmm, sounds interestin'...
any way to get Golem in there also???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2001 10:03 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MaDnEsS:
Bray vs. Pony... hmmm, sounds interestin'...
any way to get Golem in there also???

I wish. Unlike Kohan, there's no spectator function. Golem could have a Palace and not do anything, but he couldn't see anything unless he explored. It's the Golem Uncertainty Principle: the mere act of Golem doing what's necessary to observe prevents him from remaining simply an observer... Hmmm, I smell an article!!!!

------------------

- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 1:12 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
>I wish. Unlike Kohan, there's no spectator >function. Golem could have a Palace and not >do anything, but he couldn't see anything >unless he explored

Steven,
you could play with cheats on, and the spectator uses revelation.

Korben

MWBraygon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 9:53 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Yes we could play with cheats on except in the {MW}Kingdom rulesthats our #1 rule no cheating, so i guess that would be out huh since I dont like breaking my own rules.You know to me it doesent matter wheter I win or lose just as long as I have fun doing it,and the more the merrier I always say.But I wouls like to play Shiny_Pony in a 1vs1 just to see how good he really is,I've been told he's one of the best players around and I would like to see first hand.I'll be around this weekend for a bit Steven,but if you dont c me there I may be doing something else just send me an e-mail and i will get it my puter is usually on the net 24/7 so if I'm sitting here watching tv or something I will know when I get mail.So anybody out there if ya want a game and there is noone in Majesty or Majx just drop ole Bray a line and if I'm home I'll show up.braygon_midthwel@yahoo.com

------------------
My soul is replenished.
HA HA HA HA HA
{MW}Braygon lets go {MW}

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:10 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Playing with cheats on combined with Golem's use of Revelation wouldn't work. (Korben is assuming the other two would be on the honor system and the honor system would work just fine with the people I play --I would trust them).

Unfortunately, in a Last Palace Standing game even if Golem didn't build a stick. Once the other two players had explored Golem's corner and discovered Golem's Palace it would be recognized as the enemy and the most aggressive hero types WoD's, Barbarians and Solarii would start bashing it changing the dynamics of the game.

The most effective way to observe is through post-mortem. If you really want to - have the host save the game at specified intervals and the observer may view the progression of the game by viewing the saved games.

Kit and I viewed a saved tournament game this way once when there was an accusation of cheating. It turned out the accuser was a sore loser.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 10 August 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Korben

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2001 10:32 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Goldy,
yeah you know me so well you can read
me mind

When can I play with you again, I haven't lost multiplayer game since we last time played 2 months ago. Ooh once I lost to Kit when I gave up because the survivor time was on at GSA. Well I was going for fast win, which was very near, and usually when that don't work, you lose (no Krolm )

Korben

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2001 5:55 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Korben I would play you any time you won that one game I don't remember why but I want a rematch I said I did then and you never gave it to me lol. And Bray I would like to have a rematch 1v1 I would like to see whos better me or you. And I think I can get golem on he is in SNM with me. Oh yeah Thanks Twy Hi goldy and I wasn't trying to brag trapper. There I think I summed it up. Wait no hi steven, I would also like to play you some more and if kit reads this article you to bud. Peace

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:58 am    Post subject: Multiplayer Post-Mortems Reply with quote Back to top

Although it was only Maj, and not MajX, had a great game with Trapper, last night, that unfortunately ended in a crash.

We played with wandering vampires, so I started out by building 4 rangers and a standard defensive start: warrior's guild, marketplace and inn. What was notable was the difference in Maj and MajX. I spent time and effort building an early defense for Vampire attacks that never came. I finally got one vamp on about day 6, and by the time they came in force, I never worried about them.

I was also used to playing MajX, as I had a huge strike force ready to go and no Gate to use them when I located Trapper's Palace.

Trapper played a Healer-Solarii game, and our forces pretty much stalemated one another in centre-map, with him foraying into my town more than I his.

We did have a 3rd opponent, however, but I never even saw any of his units... It was a very enjoyable game, but once more pointed out that without the extras of MajX, it's really not as good a game.

------------------

- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: