Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Where have all the Multiplayers gone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
To my knowledge Twylah and Steven of Nine have written off MajX (don't like it)

Whoa.... a clarification, please.

Steven still plays MP once and a while, but he's so immersed in "Europa Universalis" right now that he rarely gets online. He was on GSA a few times this past weekend and never could get a Majesty game started.

As far as I'm concerned, I LOVE the Expansion, but am not playing online anymore for two reasons; I'm badly out of practice (main reason), and online-play seems unfairly skewed to one strategy now (Krypta/Fervus).

The reason we're not playing online is NOT because we don't like MajX and we definitely have NOT "written off" the game. Not one little bit.

- Twy

------------------
Jay will always be the Real Sovereign... I'm just the Forum Mommy!

[This message has been edited by Twylah Skye (edited 11 June 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
bladeles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:43 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
the light that i once saw at the end of the tunnel was seemingly just a mirage...

not much has changed since the last post i made...travel, travel, and more travel...so much infact, i almost like flying now...

I hear that... I especially like the newer planes... like the flip down LCD screens that give the safety instructions, etc. On a Delta flight back from Atlanta, I got to watch about 3 episodes of Friends, uninterrupted by commercials. Sure made the time go faster...

And they even let you listen to the Comm chatter between the planes and Air Traffic Control... kinda cool to listen to, and you can know ahead of time when the turbulance is on its way...

------------------
...blooooddddd....

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:53 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

It's not the actual flying I hate. It's the airports, hotels, cabs/limos and general hassle of being away from home. I don't travel much compared to some people, and I get to go to some cool places, but I'd always rather be at home.

Wait - we're supposed to be talking about why more people aren't playing MP, right? I tried it for a few weeks last year and I'm not that good at it. I don't think online playing is really my thing. I may show up again sometime, in which case I'll be REALLY rusty and easy to beat...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 3:58 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear about your bad work schedule, Kit. It is a relief to know that you are not absent through choice, illness, or (*gasp*) because you are too busy playing Kohan.

Take care.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 4:13 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Capt.

I really enjoy Co-op games with Majesty friends. You don't have to play Last Palace Standing games to have fun.

When I was a little girl I cried when I lost a game of Monopoly. I also cried when I won. I felt bad for my friend who lost. I don't think I ever grew up........

Goldy

------------------

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 4:24 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

I've actually never tried a co-op game. It sounds like fun. I'll be traveling off and on the next couple of weeks (Venezuela's actually one of the few places I don't mind traveling to) so maybe after I return.

It's hard for me to make time for online play, though. And with AOL things are sometimes too slow and frustrating...but if I decide to do it, I'll be looking for you, Goldy!

Wait, I did try a 3-way game once, with Kit and (I think) Golem, a LONG time ago - we had a setting with LOTS of harpies, we were all wiped out within minutes. Kit lasted longest, of course...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 5:40 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
The reason we're not playing online is NOT because we don't like MajX and we definitely have NOT "written off" the game. Not one little bit.

- Twy

It is always a mistake to speak for someone else. I did try to qualify my statement with the phrase "to my knowledge" and I thought it was pretty clear that my statements were all made in the context of multi-player games and not the whole of MajX. (Multi-player games is what this thread is about.) As I have stated many times multi-player is not the sum total of what Majesty offers.

Sorry for the mistake.

Goldy

------------------

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I'm on summer vacation, I might be available occasionally.
Too busy doing stained glass right now, though.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 8:42 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Sorry for the mistake.

No need to apologize, hon. It was obvious to me that it was a misunderstanding -- but I didn't want anyone to get the idea that Steven and I are dissatisfied with the Expansion... cause we're not.

- Twy

------------------
Jay will always be the Real Sovereign... I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Korben

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 3:53 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Zeddicus_Zul

I'm online at GSA now if you want a game.

Korben

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not playing MP right now for the above-noted reasons: I'm playing EU near-constantly, and there's never anyone online when I do look for a MajX game.

I'm also not happy with the play balance. Although the build tree is nice, one shouldn't have to alter the basic game settings in order to have balance.

As for Helia... the reason people aren't banning it, when they did ban Krolm, is that anyone can recruit and forget Solarii. It took a little more speed and skill to recruit barbs, or to use them on a populated map.

It's possible that I'll decide I'd like to try playing MP again, but I haven't even played one new game Twy got me, and I haven't even looked at Kohan [which I can look at, now that Twy's done.] It's going to take a major influx of available players and time. As much as I like 'em, playing the same 4-5 people every time is not my idea of game variety.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 1:54 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Well Steven, Twy's got me on ICQ if ya' ever want an easy target to get back into things with...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:08 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, things just got worse. Twy'd got me Sudden Strike which is published by the same guys that do EU, although it's a cpompletely different style of game. Majesty's gonna be gee-I-think-I'll-see-who's-online-playin'-something-else material for a while. There's just something about going onto Gamespy and seeing noone in the MajX rooms, and 80+ in SS that's disturbing.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Father Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Sairdontis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2001 8:14 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know how to join any games could you tell me how? Please.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 12:08 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

1)Make sure you download all the latest patches from this site's Downloads section for whichever version of the game you want to play Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim or Majesty: The Northern Expansion.

2)Go to the site www.gamespyarcade.com and download their gameserver software. Follow all installation instructions.

3)Start the GameSpy Software (otherwise known as GSA). Set up an account and login. Download any additional Gamespy updates as required.

4)Go to the game room for the game you want to play: Majesty:FKS or MajX. Select a game and click Join.(If the game is already in progress you won't be able to join and will have to wait. If the room is empty as is sometimes the case there aren't any games to join.)

Goldy

P.S. There are some other options. But this one is the most likely.

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: