Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Where have all the Multiplayers gone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 11:29 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

I have my Forum Preferences set to view posts for the last 10 days. From that view this Forum may not be dead but has certainly gone dormant.

Usually the reason a Forum is empty is that nobody has anything to say. So does no one play anymore? Is multi-player played out. Nothing new to talk about?

And where is Kit these days? I hope he is not sick or something. Or is it that he has been sucked into the blackhole of the MajX strategy guide writing project?

[i]***sighing for the good old days ****

LOL

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 11:48 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Hiya Goldy,

I quit playing MP mainly because it's too completely unbalanced now. If you don't use Krypta/Fervus/Solarus, you lose. Simple as that. It's just no fun anymore.....

Sorry, sweetie.... cause I do miss our games.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 1:10 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

I can't say I have come to that conclusion Twy. I have been using Agrela/Monks/Solarus a lot recently (with Wizards tossed in).

If you put Krolm back into the equation then I can't agree either.

The other thing that really puzzles me is why multiplayers are completely overlooking the build tree. I wish they would design tourneys around specialized build trees. There is one build tree that came with the game that limits Level 2+ Temples/Guilds to Wizard's Guild only. I think it would be a lot of fun to have a Wizard War.

Another option would be to limit Krolm Temples to 1 only. Force the Krolm player to put in an Embassy and Outpost to get interesting Temple heroes.

The other thing that puzzles me is why the anti-Krolmists of Majesty:FKS haven't started up an anti-Helia movement. There was no problem banning Krolm prior to MajX when there was no build tree. Now we have one and no one is using it.

Goldy

------------------

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Korben

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 4:48 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy!

I've been unable to play multi last two weeks, but I haven't stop playing it.

I think that in multiplayer people like to use strat that makes them win, and then only repeat it game after game. If they can't play that style with restrictions they are lost (with two meanings ).

New people are beated in beginning always so bad that they don't come back very easy.

With expansion Solarii is really too powerfull. I won Siege with them in 19 days (KIT 15).

Send me some saves of building tree edits, plz! So I can practice before playing you the next time

Korben

Kit5150

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 9:08 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

actually, work has been the reason for my recent absence.

i was totally buried before one of our sales reps left...since i was his boss, i have the 'pleasure' of taking over almost all of his work too.

good news though, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel...i should be back in the swing of things shortly.

and ive been playing kohan

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 6:46 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for getting off topic, but Kit, I need to know the percentage of hits when a paladin gets a critical hit landed.
Back on topic- Twylah is right. The game's gotten really unbalanced.
When paladins, adepts, and monks get some new abilities, multi might become big again. But for the moment...
Check out Golem's post in Majesty Wish List about solarii needing toning down.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:20 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

the pally doesnt have a critical hit only the wod 3% the monk 6% cause of iron will and the barb 1+(1% per lvl gained)

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 12:57 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
actually, work has been the reason for my recent absence.

i was totally buried before one of our sales reps left...since i was his boss, i have the 'pleasure' of taking over almost all of his work too.

good news though, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel...i should be back in the swing of things shortly.

Poor Kit,

This is the last post I have seen from him. That light must have gone out.

Goldy

------------------

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 1:29 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

The light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train...

The only thing worse than having an employee leave and having to take over her responsibilities is having your boss leave and having to take over her responsibilities! Happened to me last year and I still haven't caught up...

Zeddicus_Zul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 3:45 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

Im sort of a newbie and am wanting to play some MP. If anyone is interested leave a post.

Korben

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 5:58 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you all
ignored the small letters:

quote:

Kit has been playing Kohan...

I guess I will be playing Emperor
as soon as it comes out in Europe 14th June.

Korben

Golem XV

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 9:03 pm    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

and im back in the diablo2 habit

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

HFOmajesty43

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2001 12:56 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

im there but you never want to play when i ask but there all on in the morning and night majesty had 13 people there to night

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2001 1:26 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

HFOMajesty,

I frequently stop by GSA for a few minutes chat. I try not to play unless I know I have the time to complete a game. My schedule is really bad these days. I have two kids that are home for summer vacation who ALWAYS come first.

In the last 3-4 days my Internet connection has been really bad due to Tropical Storms in the Houston area. I tried to play with Korben on Friday and we could not complete a game because of my unreliable connection.

As far as Majesty multiplayers. I see people at the Majesty room all the time. Most of whom, other than you, I do not know. I never see anyone in the Northern Expansion room. It has gotten to the point that one must have a specific appointment in order to get a game. None of the MP players I know who played MajX play anymore.

To my knowledge Twylah and Steven of Nine have written off MajX (don't like it); Golem is off playing DiabloII; Kit is missing in action (presumably swamped with work and playing Kohan); Craig is off at boot camp; I don't know where or what Archmonk is doing.

I understand that Tiger and Madness have started playing recently but our schedules seem to be incompatible. Then again, I don't have a schedule as I already indicated.

Does that sound like a pretty short MajX multiplayer list? You're right it is. Another sad state of affairs.

Goldy

P.S. I almost forgot Housefish. He is around from time to time. Try hunting him up.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 10 June 2001).]

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 8:08 am    Post subject: Where have all the Multiplayers gone? Reply with quote Back to top

the light that i once saw at the end of the tunnel was seemingly just a mirage...

if i were to compare life to majesty right now, i am getting repeatedly krolm rushed on 30k no monsters

not much has changed since the last post i made...travel, travel, and more travel...so much infact, i almost like flying now

i still browse the forums when i get time, but unfortunately, dont have much to contribute, so i stay in observer mode.

i miss the endless chats ive had with many of you in gsa, and definitely hope i can meet up with you again in the future...

until then my friends

(crap, im late)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: