Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Tiger vs Madness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 12:47 am    Post subject: Tiger vs Madness Reply with quote Back to top

Well Madness had a match with me on Gamespy lastnight playing the expansion. And he was losing spectacularly to me untill all of a sudden when my heroes were about to raze his castle my server connection got cut. Ahh!
But i started out with a krolm temple and 2 rangers guilds and he started out with a temple to fervus, not very fair... although in all fairness I didn't ever use the Rage of Krolm! But i guess it was a good sign for me when a rogue of mine entered his town and wasted a preistess. hehe But Mad flagged my rogue and then all his WoDs chased him down towards my town where they started getting into scuffles with my Barbs. It amazed me to see how effective his Wods were even against a barbarian with Ranger backup, but eventually it did seem to kind of surprise him when he saw Barbarians AND Paladins attacking him afterwards. It was fun playin Mad.

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 10:02 pm    Post subject: Tiger vs Madness Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Goldy for the advice... I was having a bit of a vampire problem throughout that battle... Tiger was complaining about having two of them attacking him, whereas I had like eight roaming through my settlement (not to mention all the other beasties). But, since I haven't played multi-player in well over a year, I'm just tryin' out different things with the scenario editor/ build tree.

And T', I don't exactly remember what all I put into that second quest, but you can expect to see something like that again...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 11:05 pm    Post subject: Tiger vs Madness Reply with quote Back to top

well... I finally entered this part of the forum... all that are left are the Mac and Quest Hints sections. But I doubt I'll be entering either of those anytime soon...

Ummm... also he started level two Palace and mine was level One.

Tundra Lords
If your pickin', DON'T pick this one!!! Player One gets Royally Screwed!!!

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 11:22 pm    Post subject: Tiger vs Madness Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Mad and Tiger. Tundra Lords is fine for a nice Co-op game where you play allies against the monsters. In LPS games if you want a fairer match use settings which start you out on equal footing like New Settlement or Frontier Settlement or Fortified Palaces. Stay away from anything where you start out with different forces and buildings. Tiger would have had to be really incompetent to lose with that start.

In line with that. If you want as fair a match as possible stay away from wandering monsters. Wandering Monsters almost always unfairly single out one player over another forcing one to have to fight two sets of enemies. Many of the Enemy Force starts will also unfairly put one player at a greater disadvantage than another. The best Enemy Force maps for LPS games are the No Monster Maps or Eldritch Circles.

Keep in mind that if you select one of the No Monster Maps you will probably be looking at a quick game suited for "Rush" strategies. A good Krolm-Rusher, like Steven of Nine for example, can win the game on the Small No Monsters map inside of 4 Ardanian Days.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 03 June 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 12:31 am    Post subject: Tiger vs Madness Reply with quote Back to top

I totaly believe what Goldy said about wandering monsters unfairly singling out one player. When I attacking his town in the final assault, Mad and I were both amazed when THREE RATMEN appeared out of a newby sewer and joined up with a minitaur and started wailing on his palace. lol
That just was not fair at all

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:19 am    Post subject: Tiger vs Madness Reply with quote Back to top

The wandering monsters are very interesting in LPS MP games, although they do tend to gang up.

Skeletons used to be a great WM setting, as the skels were always easy meat for a little early experience. In MajX the Vampires that accompany skels seem to have been increased in number, so picking skels is nasty.

Harpy raiders is particularly nasty in MP if you haven't rushed a guild up. If you know Harpies are your WM, make a warrior's guild immediately. They can take care of the Harpy problem, even if you get picked on.

The most important thing to remember is to make sure you get a guild or two of heroes up when you have WM, don't just race to get Wall Street up and running.

Quote:
Keep in mind that if you select one of the No Monster Maps you will probably be looking at a quick game suited for "Rush" strategies. A good Krolm-Rusher, like Steven of Nine for example, can win the game on the Small No Monsters map inside of 4 Ardanian Days.

Any small map will get you rushed by a good Krolm player, anyway, as Gnomes can race into the corners past almost any lair/denizen/WM combination. Krolm is much more fun to coop or single play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: