Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 12:35 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

...you place a 700 GP reward on my level one Ranger, and I dismiss him before you can attack him once...

Shiny_Pony (Of Nine)

im2good

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 11:52 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

How about putting an attack flag on a level 1 paladin and realizing 10 game days later that a very angry level 8 paladin with the same $200 reward flag on his head just came out of the blackness for that reward on your castle.

Minrhael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 2:04 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, now that's just evil, why didn't I ever think of dismissing heroes when big flags go down. Now whenever I'm going to lose a hero with any size flag on it I'm going to dismiss it since resurrection is way out of reach.

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 3:02 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

But what if the other player has a free guild spot of this kind? And takes off the reward? Imagine a nice teen level paladin turning to opponent's side...

Minrhael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 3:17 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Shows how little I know; I've never dismissed a hero before, I just kinda assumed they "went away". Oh well!

Seth Spaulding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 3:23 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

71) Are so focused on your offensive and defensive strategy, that you entirely forget to build a single marketplace. By the time you discover your error, you see that you only have 250 gold left and a couple of tax collectors still making the "peasant housing" rounds. Ughhh...

RagingSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 1:13 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

I gotta agree with #46, me and kit once played and then he's asking how I am doing for some reason, and I say, fine, why?
And he's like, well, i got 10 minotaurs on my case. While I haven't seen a single monster at all!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2000 3:21 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

72) Miss and heal the enemy in the middle of that crucial melee. You know your opponent has seen that one.
73) Miss and heal the dragon.
74) Miss and heal the golem.
75) Miss and heal the ratman.
76) Play shared borders and see enemy peasants building first Ranger's Guild and you haven't even selected your first building yet.
77) Accidently lightening bolt your own WoD because you'd never seen one before and thought it was a monster. (Oh, sorry this wasn't multi-player stupidity, just stupidity.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 10:22 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

78) wither your own hero

79) repeatedly cast fire strike on a wizard with a little halo over his head

80) watch in agony as a fleeing poisoned hero finally dies

81) see the recruit bar for a new wizard get close to completion, then notice 3 enemy rangers are heading right for the guild

82) helplessly watch non-warrior guild heroes cruise to the enemy town knowing they are about to be butchered

83) see the words "out of range" appear

84) hear i am i am extinguished i am extinguished extinguished i am extinguished

85) see a monk lose to a varg

86) notice a fleeing ranger runs straight past a daemonwood, think he got away, then see the daemonwood take a swipe from a range of 4 and kill him

87) build a trading post in an adjacent corner only to have it destroyed as your peasants are arriving after a 3 day trek

100 is amazingly close!!! never thought we could get there!

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 20 October 2000).]

feldegast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 2:26 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

88) have decided with your opponent that both should Krolm rush and then in game get carried away and order a 2nd rangers guild before your 2nd Krolm temple and soon after have your opponents 8 barbs whacking you off the face of the earth, before that 2nd Krolm temple has been built.

Ok, I have to admit I was foolish enough to do this in tiebreaker between Jay and me in the 3rd round (I think) of the Majesty tourney. This was the first or second time I use Krolm in mp but it was still foolish. God, I felt so ashamed afterwards I just wanted to fade away into oblivion.

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2000 2:49 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Crud, I have a score of 30. At least it wasn't as bad as Kit's other one, the one about where you've played Majesty too much. I got like 60 there...

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 11:47 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

89) demolish your bungalow so you can get some ballistas up, then realize your blacksmith is still level 1

90) have 4 priestesses defending home, their guild gets destroyed, and all 4 convert to enemy priestesses

91) see a priestess 'purchasing healing potions' but shes going towards the enemy town

92) try to place the perfect wind storm in the middle of six heroes, but you happen to miss everyone

93) notice the enemy is fire striking your wizard, so as you invoke anti-magic, he dies

94) use a straight magical attack strat (priestesses and wizards) only to have the enemy give AMS to anyone and everyone

95) try to build a gnome hovel and marketplace too fast, and wind up with a gnome hovel and a ranger guild

96) see enemy caravan #18 making his way across the screen

97) forget to upgrade your marketplace to level 3

98) have all your heroes flee from a petrified level 10 enemy wizard

99) invoke call to arms on the wrong warrior guild

100) watch your high level ranger insist on going after the skeleton, and not the priestess

uh oh, the moment of truth...

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 11:53 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

76 out of 100...yikes.

looks like ive got some work to do

Stoffern

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2000 3:35 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I think its 76 out of 101, as I suspect the number 30 was used twice.

Stoffern

------------------
They are all mad

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2001 9:44 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

This was a great thread... bringing it back up to the top.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: