Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 10:42 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

1) run out of gold lightning bolting the opponent's palace

2) resurrect a wizard that got hit by a ballista arrow only to have him get melted by it again

3) accidently target your own hero with a lightning bolt and you know your opponent saw it

4) accidently target a berserking enemy wizard with an invisibility spell.

5) forget to remove an attack flag on a fleeing enemy only to have all your troops cruise into the enemy town chasing him and get whooped

6) cast sun scorch on enemy peasants only to see it didn't work

7) finally save up enough gold, build that second wizard guild, and then forget to recruit the wizards

8) get an expensive building destroyed before peasants ever arrive to build it

9) lose to the enemy monsters at the very beginning of the game

10) wasted all your gold before you built your first (or second for that matter) marketplace

these are much tougher...how am i ever going to make it to 100?!?!

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 8:00 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

I got two or three - in single player epic quests...

GreyStar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 1:38 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

(11) Building 3 fairgrounds and researched touraments for each but forget to host the touraments

(12) Appendix to (5): Can't locate the fleeing enemy with the attack flag and thus reort to casting vine on all your chasing heroes

(13) Finally managed to raise up a wizard tower in enemy's territory after the 15th attempt, only to mistook it as an enemy's wizard tower and lightning bolt it to ashes

(14) mistook the enemy's trading post/caraven as your own and spend 20k of lightning on the trolls/minotaurs that are hacking the enemy camel/building.

(15) accidentally put all your market places off the tax-route and then later complaining to your opponent that you wonder what takes your tax-collectors so long to gather 100pcs of gold.

@ndreas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 10:10 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

(16) Having built a garden, only to see one of the opponent's gnomes meditate in YOUR garden, wandering through your kingdom (showing the map to your enemy), and your aren't able to lightning him, cause he gained some anti-magic-spell, when he left the garden....

KingWill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 7:46 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Why would u even bother killing a gnome, they cost only 100 to replace, but atleast 800 gold to kill and by the time u have a royal garden there aren't going to be that many new buildings going up anyways.
But its your gold.

Minrhael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 3:40 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if the gnome is high enough level to be wandering into enemy kingdoms, he's bound to have "participated" in some monster kills, getting money, which he quite happily spends on things like rings. Kill him off, his stuff fall down, your heroes grab for free.

Besides, I seem to remember someone saying they had a gnome using spells (I rarely use 'em, so I haven't); those little buggers dodge so well that if they start using spells they could become a serious threat!

Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 10:18 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

17 . Lighting someone half an hour with all your glod and find out he has "Anti - Spell" on him

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 12:44 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

28) have never actually played a Majesty multiplayer game yet. (that will change very soon when update 3 come out)

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle
Hero’s are people who do extraordinary things at extraordinary times

Kit5150

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2000 11:24 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

18) talk trash to your opponent before the game starts, then lose badly

19) have a marketplace destroyed by harpies and you know your opponent can see it

20) build the wrong building (i.e. blacksmith instead of library), not realize it, fully upgrade it, then find out your library will have to go on the other side of town

21) get caught trying to sneak a wizard guild by his town

22) see your WoDs go after the enemy town at random, so use C2A only to have them all go back again

23) see a low level wizard attacking a minotaur knowing there is a 50-50 chance you need to cast invisibility on him, but you dont and the minotaur kills the now level 3 wizard with 1 hp left

24) have to lightning bolt your own healer because she keeps healing the enemy

25) have two priestesses walking around together, one dies and her skeletons turn evil and kill the other priestess

26) have a high level wizard die as you are upgrading agrela/krypta to level 3, and one second before the upgrade is done, the gravestone goes away

27) forget to build a royal gardens and statues, and your WoDs and rogues are hacking down your marketplace with the 100 attack flag

KingWill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2000 10:07 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

29) Play a game with someone who calls themselve a "newbie" so you tell them you'll play easy. But then you find out there lieing scumbags who happen to be experts at the game, and he already has 30 heros surrounding your settlement with a 5000 gold award on your palace.
30)Surround your settlement with very expensive Drawven settlements just to find out their is a huge gap where no arrows can reach, so the enemy heros are just walk up to your palace and start beating the crap out of it while you wonder why they're not fleeing in terror and where they're getting in from.

------------------
Battle: "My Power Grew"
"I have lived a thousand years and will live a thousand more"
"My Power Grew"
"I'm Melting"
Moral: One level 8 wizard will always die to Vendral the Mighty Dragon.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:52 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

29) Is one of the reasons why I generally disdain competitive multiplayer gaming with people that I don't know.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

KingWill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 10:25 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

31) Cast iinvisibilty on the opponents dead hero but they resurect it anyway and tell you it was a good trick.

------------------
Battle: "My Power Grew"
"I have lived a thousand years and will live a thousand more"
"My Power Grew"
"I'm Melting"
Moral: One level 8 wizard will always die to Vendral the Mighty Dragon.

Your Majesty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 11:11 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

30) are to cheap to pay for an internet connection and are using a free service that is never consistant with high connect rates.

------------------
Your Majesty
Your Majety's Castle
Hero’s are people who do extraordinary things at extraordinary times

Crypted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:35 am    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

Nice little list youve made here but its very Tru.

Crypted

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2000 2:03 pm    Post subject: You know you feel stupid in a multiplayer game when you... Reply with quote Back to top

32) In the middle of a good 4 player game (that's extremely laggy) you get that infamous message that all three of the other players have "DROPPED OUT" but you continue playing anyway because their kingdoms are still there and it's more challenging than that 1 quest in the single player game where you can play against another kingdom plus you don't want to go through the agony of trying to set up another game that's stable enough to last more than 15 minutes. ugh!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: