Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cheaters at MP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korben

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2001 10:28 am    Post subject: Cheaters at MP? Reply with quote Back to top

Well this has happen to me before:

I got to a game with no cheats on and I see this message for getting 10 000 gold to the other players treasury!

Like yesterday at Zone, we start at 10k and the other player gets this message two times, and I can see he is building stuff I can't afford.

It makes me sick... In a game like this... someone is using trainer.

tdewey10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: Cheaters at MP? Reply with quote Back to top

Korben,

I'm surprised that work. Some twerp tried the same thing (fill my bag...or whatever the cheat is) on GS in a game I hosted (cheats off) to no avail. Generally Cheats off, means cheats off...are you sure that cheats were off in the game you played?

Korben

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2001 4:52 pm    Post subject: Cheaters at MP? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Goldy soon after this he dropped...

It always makes me wonder how can someone enjoy playing like this.

In TA community (Total Annihilation) this thing got fixed after some clever Swedish guys made a recorder where you can record the game and see what happended and when. No more cheaters at that game. And you could watch the best players do their thing.

Still every night over 100 players playing that game, and the game is 4 years old.

And Goldy thanks for still remembering me waiting for the snail posting of NE to hit my door...

Korb

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2001 11:52 pm    Post subject: Cheaters at MP? Reply with quote Back to top

Korben,

I assumed you had an "inadvertant game drop" after this. I would. "!Oh, darn! The game dropped. Sorry! Can't play anymore. Your ping just wasn't good enough." There aren't enough Majesty players around to risk losing good opponents and I am sure that other person just lost you. At some point he will lose everyone and you won't see him around anymore.

Sadly, I haven't been able to get the Expansion working at the Zone. I was really counting on it. Because the unresolved problem I have of not being able to join games at GSA has not gone away and I have it with the Expansion as well. As you know I am behind a Router, so in order to play at all at GSA I have to disconnect it.

As soon as I get that copy of the Expansion sent off to you we will try it out together. Not sure why no one has been able to get it to work at Zone. Obviously, for firewall/router users it would be helpful if there were another venue to play the game.

My son plays many different MP games on 3 different game servers including GSA. Even his games work at GSA through our Router though he cannot host. He has no trouble hosting or joining games on the other servers.

I know Cyberlore is in the middle here, as GSA is their only option for Majesty MP games right now, but as a mere fan I am freer "To call a Spade a Spade". GSA hasn't done Cyberlore much of a service here.

Jay hinted in another post that he was trying to find other options, but beyond that there is no information. I just hope this multi-player situation isn't the final nail in Majesty's coffin. The Expansion is great and has great potential for MP gaming.

Goldy

------------------
"The Law of the Forum Mommy is above all others." - Xetu the Strong

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: