Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

All Hail Coop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:22 am    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

true, blasting away enemy heroes can be a hoot, but i still dont think its as much fun as a shared borders cooperative game on tough settings. call me crazy.

if you havent tried a coop game before, i highly recommend it. very much fun!

Tajma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

If you're playing with a friend, killing him/her (or being killed) isn't much fun.

So co-op is great for these kinds of game!

However, when you need a little ego boost (or despression...), go ahead and kill someone

--
Tajma

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 6:07 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Having spent many late night hours getting the snot smoked outta me by Kit in LPS games, I agree with his post. Co-op is a LOT more fun and helps maintain friendships (grin). Goldy and I started playing co-op games at the end of last year... I have to admit that it can be very challenging to try and build up your own kingdom while also helping out your neighbor.

Shared Borders is fun, but I also recommend kingdoms across the map from each other using the "revelation" cheat. You're far away from your partner but with the "revelation" cheat code, you can see when they need help.

The harder the settings, the more fun you'll have.

Try this for size:
Shared Borders - Player Forces
Deathwind - Enemy Forces
Monstrous Hordes - Wandering Monsters
Ravenswood
20,000 or 30,000 starting gold (if you try this with 10,000 gold to start, you probably won't get past Day 5 unless you're a complete Expert).
Survive Specified Time; 60 days - Victory Conditions

***Special Note... try playing this game using NO ATTACK FLAGS. You can use Explore Flags... but no Attack Flags.

If you change the Victory Conditions to "Eliminate All Foes" and use the above settings with no Attack Flags, there's a possibility that you'll end up with a game that never ends. So make sure you use a specified time, unless you have a few days to kill.

- Twy (with an evil grin)

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 7:14 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

so....okay. but, when do you guys want to play? Twy, are you ever coming back from Zeus-land? Don't you miss Majesty MP a little.

How bout you, Kit? When do you play?

Taj?

I need an appointment I guess. I can disable my Router. My best time would be after 10:30pm CDT or later to avoid interruptions from my family.

Goldy

P.S. It has been so long since I got to play I think I have forgotten how. *sigh*

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 14 February 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tajma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 7:44 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy, I have a NAT (Network Address Translation) thingy at home too. So, I don't think Gamespy will let me play multiplayer on the computer at home

First, I'll have to find my Majesty CD.
And then, I need to see if it works at work (Win2000, ugh). If everything goes smoothly, then we can arrange to play together sometimes!

--
Tajma

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:15 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy,

I've been popping in and out of GSA most every evening. Kit & I played a game the other night, but most times when I drop in, everyone's in a game.

Keep looking for me & I'll keep looking for you!

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't it be cool to have Barbarians similar to those in the Wrath of Krolm available as enemy forces in multi-player coop games? It would be fun to collaborate on ways to beat those turkeys.

*Sigh* After doing some additional Internet research I find I will have to replace our Router. Not only does it not work with GSA but it doesn't support VPN client software which we must have for our business. The logistics of getting this fully functional home network going is going to take me some more time. I hope I can have it working before the Expansion comes out.

Hope to see you guys soon at GSA.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tajma

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:41 am    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy, you keep mentioning your "Router".

My guess is that you have one of these one-to-many hardware router?

If you need a new router/gateway, whatever you call it, try the Linux router project. It requires only a very low end computer (a 486 will do), with 2 networks cards, and it works pretty well.

--
Tajma

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:41 am    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, Taj .

This is probably very good advice. My bother keeps trying to get me to do this. Here's the problem. I was a progammer in another life. ANOTHER being the operative word. I don't want to build my own router from scratch. I don't want to learn Linux. I don't want to know any more about networking than I already do (which is way too much already). I just want to set up a SIMPLE little home network and share my Internet connection.

It has become apparent to me that in order to do this I have to regress and become a programmer again. I've done that already and its no fun. All I want is a little box, plug this computer in here, plug this computer in here...... push the button and poof! It works.

The person who invents this will become very rich!!!!!!! Richer than Bill Gates. Who is the person who got us in this mess in the first place.

The common home users of computers should not have to become networking gurus to use them. They are just USERS. We are too busy, going to work, cooking dinner, carpooling the kids, paying the bills to be agravated by having to learn how to set up a home network.

For any of you out there with similar problems to mine, I have found a site which is as close to Networking for Dummies as there is (which is exactly what I want to remain a - Networking Dummy) www.praticallynetworked.com

The router I am currently looking at is at www.nexland.com and is the ISB2LAN-H4. What I like most about this one is that I can return it within thirty days if it doesn't do what I need it to........

End of Rant.....

Thank you, Taj. But I don't want to get any smarter. I just want to remain dumb old Goldy.

------------------
I'll be back......!

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 19 February 2001).]

Carch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

"All I want is a little box, plug this computer in here, plug this computer in here...... push the button and poof! It works."

The cruel, cruel joke is that this sort of networking has existed for years. AppleTalk works exactly that way, no muss, no fuss, no bother. Sadly, last I heard Apple was abandoning it in favor of less user-friendly, more configuration-laden TCP/IP networking.

Sigh.

_/\ C

Tajma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 3:36 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy, the point you made about an end-user's perspective is excellent, I couldn't agree more with you!

Unfortunately, the current computer technologies aren't advanced enough to shield the end-users from the gory technical details... Let's hope we can achieve that some day.

BTW, the Linux Router Project is simply a special version of Linux that was designed to be VERY simple to create a gateway (well, very simple for the Linux geeks . All you have to do is to find 2 Network Cards, its Linux drivers, an old 486 or Pentium box with 4mb+ or RAM and a floppy. Then throw the Linux drivers into the floppy, configure, and voila, you have your own firewall/gateway.

If you have some computer networking experience, the whole task would take roughly half a day (from reading the documentations, downloading, configuring, testing).

For a better, and more expensive, solution, you can try to find an ISP that sells additional IPs for your computers. That way you don't even need a gateway at all. The monthly price for an IP in Ottawa ranges from 5-10 Canadian $.

Cheers

--
Tajma

UConnBBall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 3:18 am    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

I still love LPS games over co-op. I just hate having to match wits against a non-human scripted programmed enemy that does not and can not think. Now I thin a 2v2 game of Majesty would be great! If you could team up with another person and play against 2 people that would make my day. I love team strategies and would love to think up some more ways to beat Kit

-UConn

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 4:24 am    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by UConnBBall:
I love team strategies and would love to think up some more ways to beat Kit

-UConn

Two against one might work.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

rogue27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2001 11:02 am    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Co-op and LPS both have their pros and cons.

I don't consider LPS to 'break friendships' as me and most of my friends like to play competitive games, because it's a lot more fun to outsmart a human opponent, especially one you know, than to outsmart a bunch of comptuer AIs.

On the other hand, it's fun working with friends too, but 2vs2 team games would be the best of both, wouldn't they?

------------------
Mac Heroes

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2001 7:48 pm    Post subject: All Hail Coop Reply with quote Back to top

Coop is good, I haven't played multiplayer as often as I used to,and I'm trying to not be beaten by anyone this year. So trying coop might just delay my demolishing instincts.

*runs off to GSA*

------------------

My poem concerning the NE quest "Powers of Chaos":

Powers of chaos hear my cry
For I'm the sovereign let your powers pry
You're weak and fraile like you always were
My powers will demolish you like a fire and fur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: