Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 4:29 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

We can work out the samll problems later just post me if you want to.

------------------
Bow down before the master of all warriors! Fore I am the Greatest of Discord. Play Nice. I'm insane.

yezboxz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 6:09 am    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea... I'm up to it!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 5:45 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Good. Then all we have to do is figure out what time. what day and over what connector. The best time for me would be around friday anytime past 6. But we have to do it over lan because that is basicelly the only thing that works for me. Post and tell me if this is good for you. If not then give me the day time and what server. thanks.

------------------
Bow down before the master of all warriors! Fore I am the Greatest of Discord. Play Nice. I'm insane.

Solarii00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

im game ive had majesty for a while but never multi but i think it would be fun

Solarii00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:04 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

yes please over lan we havent upgraded our explorer yet so i can only play over lan

Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 11:36 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok good. i can work around my schedule but the times and days i cant go are the following Monday 6:30-8:00 Tuesday 4:30-5:00
Wensday 2:30-4:00 Thurs im free and same with fri. If you need more info just post me.

------------------

Knighzer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2001 6:13 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Man, Its pretty bad when we have to set appointments to play Majesty on GSA. I have been to GSA all day and not a sole.

Carch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 2:04 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody's on GSA because it doesn't work with Majesty 1.3. Every time I try to load a game there it crashes.

Is there a way to get Majesty to connect automatically on launch to a given IP address? If there's some command line argument (perhaps some kind soul from Cyberlore could supply) it wouldn't be too tough to set up a web page where people could list games and click to join. No way to show when a game had started, but at least it would be a way to get some games going.

_/\ C

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Carch,

I've played hundreds of games on GSA using Majesty 1.3... and my husband has played even more than that.

What your missing is the files from MSN Zone that are required to allow Majesty to work with GSA.

Go to www.zone.com and try to get into *any* multiplayer game there. The Zone will allow you to download a pack of files. Once you've completed the download, reboot your computer and head for GSA. Majesty 1.3 should work just fine after that.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Carch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 5:42 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks... I noticed that procedure in another thread and tried it. It did in fact work for me (well, at least I was able to host a game by myself... there wasn't anyone else around to join).

It's pretty non-obvious, though. If I wasn't a forum freak, I probably would have given up on Majesty multiplayer fairly quickly. Cyberlore might want to put a note explaining what's up with multiplayer in the Majesty FAQ or somewhere else useful. If there's some specific missing DLL or something, it should be made available for download.

Of course, it's probably some licensing nightmare--some Microsoft owned software that can't be redistributed by Gamespy or Cyberlore/Hasbro/Whoever owns this thing now.

Wonder why the Zone dropped Majesty? Is Zone support dependent on some fees from a publisher?

If it were easier to find players, there might be more multiplayer games going on, and if there was a way to set up games ourselves without using the zone or gamespy, it'd be even easier. There must be some sort of settings (environment variables, command line arguments, something) that launch Majesty directly into multiplayer mode. I'd love to know what they are.

_/\ C

Carch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I wasn't able to create a game until I'd downloaded the full 10 MB thing from the zone. Not very fun at modem speeds, especially since I'm only using it for one game (and not even a Zone game).

_/\ C

Capt. Burton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 10:21 am    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Looking for people to play multiplayer Majesty? Go here: http://mrfixitonline.com/readPosting.asp?PostingId=47155
Check out the ladder and the ladder forum. Find opponents by challenging people on the ladder, or by posting challenges on the ladder forum.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Burton (edited 12 February 2001).]

Carch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 11:34 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Agh, not a ladder!

I want to play, not be humiliated :-D

_/\ C

(Got my butt whooped good a couple times by some girl in Kansas this weekend on GameSpy!)

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 8:06 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like Goldy Bear. And she's not in Kansas. LOL

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2001 11:08 pm    Post subject: anyone want to schedule a multiplayer game? Reply with quote Back to top

i know who it is

------------------
I am the eyes and ears of this institution, my friends...By the way, that clocks' 20 minutes fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: