Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Zone Problems!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
housefish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 9:31 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Any one eles notice the fact that no rooms are avalible at the zone?

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2001 8:55 am    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Is this still a problem? I'm assuming not, since nobody else answered this one. It could also be that a lot of folks have been using GameSpy Arcade instead of the Zone.

Still, it's been nice to note that even though it's been almost a year since its initial release, you can still find folks playing on the Zone.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 4:16 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

I visited the Majesty Tower Room today about 3:00 CDT. There was an announcement that Majesty would no longer be supported by the Zone and referred to HasbroInterative.

I am somewhat alarmed by this turn of events and am wondering about the future of Majesty again. Anyone else have any info about this?

By the way, I just set up a new home network with firewall and need help. I was unable to create or join a game with Kit last night at GSA.

GOLEM HELP!

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Korben

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 5:38 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it seems that Zone is no longer supporting Majesty !?

I can tell this is very disappointing...
Do we all have to go to gamespy? I think your company is not doing the right stuff at all.. with all the mess with majx... and the marketing... so good game so wasted... I think this should be the game of 2000...

Try to fix the multiplayer thing asap!
AND release the Nothern Expansion!!!

Korb...

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Hang on folks!!! Don't freak!

OK, I just went to the Zone, and YES, there's an initial message that says something like, "This game is no longer officially supported by The Zone" and has a link to HasbroInteractive.... HOWEVER, if you let the page finish loading it takes you straight to the log-on page and you can access the Majesty Room with **no** problems. When I popped in there just now, there were 15 people in games and 3 people looking for games.

I don't know what's up with that message, but you can still play Majesty on the Zone.

By the way, it's Friday, January 19th at 5:35pm Central US time right now, in case the status changes.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 10:16 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Was just at the Zone and hosted part of a game... boy, we are talking seriuos lag and me with DSL!!

Twy... your post was correct. There are people playing aand waiting to play. Two games were being played (10:00 pm EST) I did go to Games.com, the link provided for Hasbro games - but no rooms! huh?

Korben... you hit the nail on the head. Fix the multi-player!

Jay... is it the Zone or Majesty? hmmmmm

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2001 11:34 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE

As of Friday, January 19th at 10:45pm Central US time....

If you go to the *regular* Majesty link for the Zone's Majesty rooms, you'll get a list of HasbroInteractive games that are "no longer available" there and there's no room list or link to the Wizard's Tower.

BUT......
If you go to the main Zone homepage and then click on the link to "Strategy" games and then click on the link for "Majesty", you can still access the Wizard's Tower and play Majesty on the Zone. As of right now, there are 7 people in there; one game in progress and 3 people waiting to start games.

SPECIAL NOTE
You may have to click the link to the Wizard's Tower a few times... I had to try it 3 times before I got in. I kept getting a pop-up message that said the connection to the Zone was "disconnected", but if you're patient and persistant, you should be able to get in. I did.

- Twy

PS - I'll keep updating this if things change.

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 2:48 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

i always liked GSA better anyways...

[This message has been edited by Kit5150 (edited 20 January 2001).]

housefish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 4:07 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but it was nice to have the zone when noone was in GS.

housefish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 4:16 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

ok after clicking the thing about 10 times I got in, so its possible.

Housefish: Jan 20 4:15PM EST

Jared

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 5:24 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Can you guys provide a litte info on Gamespy such as cost, lag, etc?

Speaking of lag ... is it Majesty or the Zone? Any tips would be appreciated. A ton of stuff were running in the background - Zone programs, message thingy, my browser etc - yikes! Using DSL and this poor performance is new to me.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 5:37 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

cost - zero
lag - less than the zone
estimated download time - 5 mins (at 56k)

be sure to log off zonefriends before launching a new game in GSA - the two dont seem to get along well.

the only real drawback to using GSA is that you lose the sound from any other open programs while GSA is running.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2001 6:44 pm    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

It is also more difficult to create or join games at GSA if you just got a Barricade Broadband NAT Router.

Goldy

------------------
I'll be back......!

[This message has been edited by Goldy_Bear (edited 20 January 2001).]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
housefish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 12:23 am    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Today I must tell everyone that the zone has closed. I've tried the direct link and twys way through the homepage but neither worked.

For all of the zoners try www.gamespy.com and download it for majesty play.

The days of easy games angainst zoners are over

Housefish: Saturday Jan 20th 12:20 EST

Korben

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 12:29 am    Post subject: Zone Problems! Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... yeah it seems that all Harsbro games are gone from Zone, so we have to look somewhere else...

HEY BIG COMPANYS!!! We the users pay your salary, don't f with us...

KORB...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Multiplayer Majesty All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: