Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Negotiations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Negotiations Reply with quote Back to top

Jay said heroes will use their charismatic properties more in Legends (heard it somewhere). How do you think of result of negotiations should be calculated ?

Probably there are different type of negotiations, like intimidation, charm, and stuff.

Roll out your ideas

Lurn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Roll-out's really become one of your favorite words, hasn't it, Cooker? ;)

I have to admit, I don't quite understand your post. Do you mean negotiation, as in between sovereigns, as in between heroes and a sovereign, or as in between heroes themselves?

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All three, I should hope ... but, judging from his wording, I'd say he meant specifically heroes. Which makes me wonder, what "negotiations" could a hero carry out? Persuading other heroes to join them on a one-on-one basis is about the only diplomacy I can imagine a single hero would be useful for.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a hero could persuade other heros NOT to follow or join so he can be the sole claimant to a reward... but I haven't really given this a lot of thought so I have no idea what kinda possibilities are out there.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Cooker is thinking about neutral kingdoms, like 'The Ring of Healing' at the beginning. otherwise i could think of cultists with higher charisma charming better monsters

P.S. has anyone seen a cultist charm a dragon or daemonwood?

Lurn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't charm dragons, I'm positive; however, I'm not sure about Daemonwoods.

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Cultists can charm either; I've certainly never seen it happen (and don't cite the Daemonwood in DoR; they're automatically programmed to join you). Out of curiosity, why would a Cultist's charisma rating have anything to do with what level of monster he charms? He's not like he's actually using "charm" to wheedle them into service, he's just overriding their wills/instincts with magic.

Krypta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've charmed a deamonwood before with a lvl 50+ cultist but never a dragon.
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

XxaxX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falotar wrote:
I don't think Cultists can charm either; I've certainly never seen it happen (and don't cite the Daemonwood in DoR; they're automatically programmed to join you). Out of curiosity, why would a Cultist's charisma rating have anything to do with what level of monster he charms? He's not like he's actually using "charm" to wheedle them into service, he's just overriding their wills/instincts with magic.

i think it's both magic and charisma (if charisma were to exist)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: