Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:11 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

1. Let's start with the basic horse. Can be found as a wandering monster, attacking with kicks and bites. If captured by a wandering guard or monk or charmed by a cultist, it can be sold to a Stable, if you built one. A Stable trains horses, and for every two, you get a third every third day. A trained horse can be bought by a hero who wants a faster movement rate. The horse is then controlled by the hero. A horse can also be bought by the sovereign and rented out to heroes, money going to the sovereign instead of the stable. In this case, at the end of the rental, a hero's horse takes him straight to the stable and will not leave again until the renewal fee is paid. This running occurs even in combat.
2. A seige machine works in a similar way, but instead of being found, it is built at a Factory. The same rules of rental and purchase apply, except instead of coming home at the end of a rental, it ceases functioning until brought home. In addition, the riding hero has control of its weapon, which may be a ram or, if built at a Dwarven Factory, available in dwarven city, a stonethrower, or, in Gnomish Construction Company, a Gnomapult, launching other heroes over enemy walls, or just away.
3. An airship is similar to a seige machine, but the hero may no longer use his or her own melee weapon, and can only be attacked by spells, ranged weapons at a penalty, tall creatures like Dirgo, or flying creatures like Harpies or Dragons. An airship's weapon is stones dropped. Each time airship lands at Airdock, it refills its supply of rocks. Airships can also carry two passengers, but passengers cannot control the direction. Heroes intending to drive an airship or boat must get training costing 50 gold at the relevant facility.
4. Boats are built at a seaport. They function like airships, but heroes can attack with melee weapons or even board other ships at close enough distance. The weapon of a ship is a cannon. There are two types of boats, war and merchant. The warboat is available at all seaports. It has two cannons, one port and one starboard, and can carry up to three passenger heroes for attacking and boarding other ships. There are also maneuverability issues and special monsters associated with sea travel.
In order to build a merchant ship, you must use an Elven Seaport, located in an Elven Village. Merchant ships can carry only one cannon and one passenger. However, they can travel to faraway lands over oceans and bring back rare special items, such as Potions of Long Shapechange, as well as a little gold.
Dwarven cities and elven villages will be explained later in my topic on government.

------------------
Could you make me a sandwich?
Poof! You're a sandwich!

WizardB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 1:53 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Flying broomsticks. Wizards/(warlocks?) should have spell, at Lvl 10, Library/(museum?), Animate Broom. They can pay any house 25 gold and get special item Broom, and spell makes them fly on it. More later.

------------------
Could you make me a sandwich?
Poof! You're a sandwich!

WizardB

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 8:41 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Grants them all the bonuses of flight such as protection from melee, but cannot carry a passenger, and does not need additional renting, just cast the spell again each time it wears off. Requires no training.

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 12:52 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of Wizards and Warlocks having this, why not create a new hero class (or two, to balance) with access to broomsticks?

WizardB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 4:57 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, but more needs to be done with high level wizards. Above a certain level they are just berserking fireball-throwing meteor stormers.

WizardB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 5:16 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe witches, new caster along sor/wiz lines, but different someway, could buy broom from any house at lvl5, after that can cast animate broom. Witch has not as powerful attack spells, aligned with air instead of fire or water, but good defense.

Decorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:48 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Great Idea!
I hope they use it in Majesty 2!

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:08 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by WizardB:
Maybe witches, new caster along sor/wiz lines, but different someway, could buy broom from any house at lvl5, after that can cast animate broom. Witch has not as powerful attack spells, aligned with air instead of fire or water, but good defense.

Wizards for fire, Warlocks for water, Witches for air - what will we do for earth?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:53 am    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Good idea, but more needs to be done with high level wizards. Above a certain level they are just berserking fireball-throwing meteor stormers.

Probably the idea behind this is that the monsters are "capped"; at a certain point, you just have the toughest monster and that's it. (This goes for all the heros). If heros get new abilities, it stands to reason that the monsters ought to also, to keep up, otherwise the game becomes a pushover towards the end.

That gives me a thought, I'll put it in Majesty 2 thread.

------------------
Thwip!

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:04 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Geomancers for earth! I was skimmimg saw someone ask "what for earth" and the answer hit me so fast I couldn't restrain myself from immediately posting so I don't know if anyone else saw this solution.OUT OF BREATH. Geomancers run around in pajama like costumes casting elemental spells like earthquake(weaker than sovereign) and stuffs. To make them interesting they should set elemental traps. Anti monster stuff mostly but a couple reeely powerful ones for rival heroes.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:06 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Geomancers. Now that's truly original.

WizardB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:24 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea Geomancers. Wizards could be balanced, warlocks attack, witches defend, and Geomancers could again have a balance. Maybe you can have Wiz or War, and witch or geo.
High level abilities good with Goblin Hero and Ratman Hero, who level up, and also with campaign-style quest, where you accomplish goal 1 and a movie or slideshow plays showing the events leading to Goal 2. With Part 2 comes a new map addition in which new features are contained. See someone's example with ice sorcerer (ice warlock?) and ice dragon.
Any way to do multiplayer campaign?
Maybe have set amount of time on own computer, own halfsize board, then join boards on Internet.

WizardB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 9:42 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

Familiars of wolves and owls and rats and cats are coming. Maybe even shapechange familiars.

WizardB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:07 pm    Post subject: Solution to Airships, Boats, Seige Machines, Horses, and Fly Reply with quote Back to top

I have 2 ideas about how familiars could work. These features are common to both:
An arcane spellcaster gets a familiar when using Summon Familiar ability, gained at some level. If familiar dies and isn't resurrected then arcane goes off to sulk for a while, if arcane dies and isn't resurrected, familiar vanishes in a puff of element (flame for wiz, smoke for witch, rocks for geo, water for war) unless hero is in mausoleum, when familiar waits some # of days.
--Familiar Idea, the First: Familiars by Class
A warlock's familiar is either a worg or a small sea creature of some variety, depending on the map and whether bodies of water are available in the game.
A witch's familiar is an owl.
A wizard's familiar is some variety of ardanian lion, similar to, but not identical to, the solarus's Suncat.
A geomancer's is a mole, similar in abilities to the Great Wyrm of tunneling fame (I read about it in an earlier thread ((that is the correct word, isn't it? Is double parentheses reasonable, or square[], curve{}, or angle<> brackets)), it tunnels underground, until it comes up, fights to swallow a hero, and upon success returns to its underground lair. If it's killed the heros swallowed come out, still alive, but if they've been in a long time, just barely ((bring out those heal spells)) ) except that the mole is far smaller and instead of eating heroes, comes up for a sneak attack on heroes(no dodge bonus to AC).
Familiars level up with their masters: any experience gained by either is shared, when one goes up a level the other does too, so if lvl 9 geo gets lvl 1 familiar, at lvl 20, familiar will be lvl 12.
--Idea, the second: The Golden Compass (its a very good book and in it everyone has a familiar like this)
Familiars, when gained, have shapechange ability, can change into any familiar animal. When familiar reaches lvl 10, must choose most useful shape to master, and stay that way. These will often match the creatures of Idea One.

Which is better?

[This message has been edited by WizardB (edited 23 October 2001).]

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The former idea is better, as far as it goes. Not that WizardB is around any more to find out my opinion ...
And why bring this back up? Pride, I guess. Not the deadly kind, but I have always liked the idea of the elemental compass: Wizards for fire, Warlocks for water, Witches for air, and Geomancers for earth. Also, familiars are a neat idea -- at least I think so. (Gets a sneaking suspicion that familiars have an honour position on the Dead Horse List.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Wish List All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: