Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PacMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm I wonder if I'm the only one who is annoyed by the "fine new elixers" line.

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 8:13 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Well what do you expect him to say? "Majesty, we have new elixers, but they wont be much help really, I mean they aren't powerpellets."

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:17 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

"Yourr Majeckuty, Iaam pleeazzed toto announsss thut that thueee Inn haz proudeceded fiyune nueew elele-lexikers... <>."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:19 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Hic!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 10:19 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Get a glass of water will ya??
hehehe this reminds me of the scene from Monty Python and the holy grial with that king trying to get his two guards to guard his son the prince

PacMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 4:44 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Re: My gripe about "fine new elixers" (your majesty!)

To me, it seems noticeably out of character with the other building soundbytes. The full sentance is "Your magic bizarre offers fine new elixers, your majesty!". Whereas elsewhere in the game the soundbytes are short and sweet "Your blacksmith offers new services", "The palace rennovations are complete" ... "Your marketplace now serves you better" this one is long and unweildy. Wouldn't "Your magic bizarre offers new elixers" or "... serves you better" be more consistent? Why "FINE new elixers"? Imagine if the blacksmith were "Your blacksmith offers FINE new services, your majesty!" :P "Your majesty" at the end seems a tad unnessacery.

All this is annoying, yes, but what really bothers me is that it is spoken noticably faster than the other soundbytes. I think that the difference is obvious ("YourmagicbazaaroffersFINENEWELIXERS,yourmajesty!") and can only be chalked up to trying to make a long, unweildy sentance into a soundbyte that is the same length as the other, better written soundbytes.

Yes, yes, I have too much free time on my hands. This is my favorite game but that one line sticks out and I end up noticing it wayyyy too much but maybe that's my fault I dunno. 8P

bladeles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:10 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

George must have had an extra cup of coffee that morning...

PacMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 1:54 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that's it.

"Your coffeeshop serves you better, your majesty!"

bladeles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 2:03 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by PacMan:
Yes, that's it.

"Your coffeeshop serves you better, your majesty!"

heh heh...That makes sense... there would have to be a Starbucks in a Magic Potion Bazaar...

Pak-Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 3:16 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

10) "I join... the wild spirits." Ranger sounds more like he's being tickled than dying
09) The Fertile Plains (Nuff said)
08) The word Brashnard... Well maybe it's not annoying so much as it is fun to say. BRASHNARD! BRASHNARD! BRASHNARD!
07) Barbarians. Not 'cuz of their behavior or how they fight on either side of you, but because their soundbites seem to consist of various grunts and growls. Am I the only one who can picture them all huddled around a TV set watching the big game? :^)
06) Black Phantoms.
05) Rock Golems
04) The word "Ratapult" (Again. Not so much annoying as it is fun to say. :^))
03) The Day of Reckoning
02) The Witch King IN The Day of Reckoning.

And the number one most annoying thing I encountered..

01) Rrrefrreshiing!

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 12:28 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Frankly I have an easier time picture the barbarians all bunched together around a TV watching pro wrestling.
And I forget, who says "refreshing" again?

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 10:43 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

The Elves.

------------------
G!

Bloodclot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:49 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

The last several games I've played, I've heard someone snoring. Who the hell is snoring?

Drives me nuts.

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 12:34 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

That would be when a hero is inside the Warrior's guild. Time to get out the royal no-snore nasal strips and distribute them amonst the ranks.

floyd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

omg i have never seen a thread get so off track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: