Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:49 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Just download it and listen to it... it sounds like "My service.. te.. the endss..."
But does it really matter?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:08 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Ven may have the original script, but I've ALWAYS thought that the Warrior said, "My service to the end...." when he croaks. I've heard dying warriors for over a year now and it's never sounded like "My service ends" to me.

Crud. Now I have to recruit and kill a stupid warrior so I can hear it again. I hate warriors. Bunch o' wusses. Grrrrrr.

------------------
"She who wields the skillet rules the world." - "The Forum Mommy"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:31 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Jeeezzz, this reminds me of the "Bleh"/"Blood" debate. I have all of the voicelines downloaded to my hard drive so I listened again just to make sure I wasn't talking out my ***...

"My service,...(slight catch in voice)..ends!"

How 'bout if I just record all new lines for the Warrior and we make him say whatever y'all want?

oh god,... what am I saying?!?

------------------
George Ledoux - The Nagging voice of Majesty

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

How about, "My service would end, and I could fall over dead, except for the fact that these forum goons are yakking constantly about what exactly I should say before it all happens, and would you look at these shoes, I've only had them for three weeks, but then they're still yakking and it just never ends."

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Steven Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 10:02 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

"...If you complain, nothing happens, you might as well not bother. And my back hurts and when are we gonna have a fine day? and I'm sick and tired of this topic..."

PS: Steven, youse a funny guy!

------------------
George Ledoux - The Nagging voice of Majesty

MWorius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 12:42 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Ven Fairweather:
Oh for Pity's Sake!
I have the [b]ORIGINAL
script containing the voicelines of all of the characters--

--since I auditioned for all of the male characters--

and the Warriors death line is: "My service ends,..." (read in a dying moan).

Now what's the death line for this topic?

[This message has been edited by Ven Fairweather (edited 04 October 2001).][/B]

Told you so!

------------------
Here comes trouble!

MWorius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 12:49 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
Ven may have the original script, but I've ALWAYS thought that the Warrior said, "My service to the end...." when he croaks. I've heard dying warriors for over a year now and it's never sounded like "My service ends" to me.

Well I've been using warriors for at least as long, and I've always heard it "My service ends..." I have no idea where everyone's getting some of this extra stuff from.

But then, some of the voicelines aren't all that east to understand. At first, I thought the wizard's level up line was "My power rules". Sometimes it's hard to understand those mumbling old geezers.

quote:

Crud. Now I have to recruit and kill a stupid warrior so I can hear it again. I hate warriors. Bunch o' wusses. Grrrrrr.

Warriors aren't that bad, especially if you use them with healers. And the call to arms function has a great deal of defensive and strategic use.

------------------
Here comes trouble!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 1:19 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Ven... just cause you have an ideal script of what the Warrior was to say, doesn't mean that that's what it ended up being. You, yourself, said the recording sessions were very "open" and that you added some "personal" touches of your own.

And I agree that Warriors aren't as good as Paladins or WoDs, but I'll usually have at least one or two around anyways because they're extremely helpful at the very beginning of the quests.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Aragorn Swashbuckler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 12:19 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

top two anyway:

my peasants taking their own sweet time getting to an inn or guardhouse to repair it in the Siege, and just as they show up, rubble...

followed by, my fighters, monks and elves whaling away at the wizards guild in the same game, and getting it down under 100 points, and another Borjin peasant shows up to keep it from falling.

ugh!

Vang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 12:12 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

"Your Majesty, the Royal Treasury is nearly empty!"
Man I hear that way too much. Of course, that made the Gambling Hall easter egg my favorite.

On the other topic, I always heard the warrior death line as "My service... eeeends..." but then, for the longest time I thought the Healer flee line was "I must find a healer!" which was really odd.

------------------
"Line me up so I can hit all of 'em."

Tiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

The Healer's flee line is "I must find a safe haven!" I think...

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 10:27 am    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

"I must find a haven!"

PacMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 3:42 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

"Our Magic Bazaar offers FINE NEW ELIXERS, your majesty!"

Why? Why "fine new elixers"? Who wrote that? That's so ... annoying.

And it is most definately "My service ... ennnnds".

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 10:40 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

OH MY GAWD! LOOK EVERYONE! IT'S PACMAN! I can't believe it! The legend of arcades and pizzaplaces nationwide has graced us with his presence in OUR VERY OWN FORUM! Wow!
Can I have your autograph?

PacMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:18 pm    Post subject: The top TEN most ANNOYING things youve encountered in the ga Reply with quote Back to top

(< . . . *

(that's supposed to be a pac-man)

[This message has been edited by PacMan (edited 25 October 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: