Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Another Satisfied Customer
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Kit!

Your post is currently making the rounds of inter-office e-mails.

Stomper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

It's sad when a relationship dies, but its tragic when the blood is on your hands. You should never have introduced her to the game unless you were certain that you are more interesting than Majesty.

At this point, my only advice is to flip the circuit breaker and cut off power to the room with the computer -- then padlock the breaker box. It's called "tough love." Anything less makes you an enabler.

However, I suspect that the real problem is your own addiction. Can you give up Majesty for her sake? I didn't think so . . .

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

The answer to seeing your lady again is simple. Purchase another PC and set up a home network. Then you can play MP games with her. You didn't forget how did you?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

Dear Cyberlore Studios,

I originally found the demo of Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim while cruising around CNET back in March or April of 2000. I enjoyed the demo so much that I purchased it once available, and started reading these forums.

Several months later, after much participation in these forums, countless hours of gameplay, and extensive analysis of every attribute of this game, I volunteered to test and review an expansion pack you were releasing. Again, this game was addicting, and the cycle of gameplay, extensive analysis, and more gameplay repeated itself.

Recently, I started dating a woman who was into computer games such as Pharaoh, Zeus, and the Myst series, but starting to get bored with them. Before I had to go to work one day, I recommended that she install and learn Majesty. When I returned home from work that day, ten hours later, she was in the process of defeating Vendral - her sixth mission of the day. I called her down for dinner, but received no response. It has been three days now, and there is no sign of change; all she wants to do is play Majesty.

In addition, she is also showing signs of unhealthy addiction levels:

"Kit, did you know a level 3 marketplace rings between x and y four times per day?"

"Yes, dear."

"Kit, did you know that just having an Elven Bungalow doubles marketplace income?"

"Yes, dear."

The list goes on and on. I fear I may have created a monster (actually you did). I was going to post this in Tech Support, but thought it may receive more prompt attention here. Please advise at your earliest convenience.

Cordially,
Kit5150

[ 05 August 2002, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Kit5150 ]

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:44 am    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

The horror, when you realize your girlfriend is a nerd !

I too was once pondering introducing my girlfriend to gaming beyond Freecell and the likes. Make her stop complaining about the time I spend not talking to her (she gave that up since anyway). Majesty would be the perfect tool.

Then I came to my senses. There is only room for one powergamer in a house of one PC .

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to echo Goldy's suggestion

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:04 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Kit5150:
.....I only have one monitor, but how much could those possibly cost? *shiver* Oh yeah, I've never set up two computers to link to each other; how in the world do I do that?

Monitors? Anywhere from $150-$2000 depending on what you select. Perhaps the low end is even less if you go refurbished.

Home Network? I am not a networking expert. Wavefront or Talespinner know more about that. The easy way (cause that's how I did mine) is to get a Broadband Router (do you still have DSL since you moved?) and connect them through the Router with CAT5 Ethernet cable. If you are using some sort of Cable or DSL modem you plug the Router into the modem where you were connecting it to your PC. Then connect your PC's to the Router. 4-port broadband routers are getting cheaper these days (I think you can get one for about $100).

[ 06 August 2002, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

Kit, dear....

Congratulations on discovering the Perfect Woman. Your relationship sounds eerily like the Twylah/Pony Marriage and I would advise you to rush out NOW and get that darling girl a big FAT engagement ring.

Hugs!
Twy (and Steven, Eryn and Lil' Scooter)

[ 06 August 2002, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Twylah Skye ]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Golem XV

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

wonder how long has it been since..... oh nevermind
anyway check pricewatch for your monitor usually they have the best price for instance got my gefore 4 4600 for the same price as a 4200 at best buy

and good luck with your girl know how most are you'll need it

**golem runs away hoping not to be chased by an angry mob**

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy, that is actually a fantastic idea; why didn't I think of that? I bought a new computer about a month ago, and the old Compaq is just gathering dust in the closet. Granted, I only have one monitor, but how much could those possibly cost? *shiver* Oh yeah, I've never set up two computers to link to each other; how in the world do I do that?

*Turns his attention back to Cyberlore Studios*

Oddly enough, I believe I may have found the root of the problem. You see, when you run the install program for Majesty, it puts a file called Majesty.icd on your hard drive. I believe the .icd is an acronym for 'Introverted Characteristics Develop'. Perhaps your products should come with a warning sticker.

On a related note, I found myself going through Majesty quests all last night. I couldn't hear the phone, the doorbell, or my cats crying for food and water. I almost called in sick to work so I could glue myself to that monitor just to 'get one more mission in'.

[ 06 August 2002, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Kit5150 ]

Apple

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

Serial link is pretty easy to do. If I remember correctly, just buy a serial link cable and link the serial ports of both computers.

Majesty supports serial link. The trouble is that most other games demand TCP/IP, something which I have yet to get working...

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:

Hugs!
Twy (and Steven, Eryn and Lil' Scooter)

Lil' Scooter?!?!???
Did I miss something? Twy, is this the good news I am hoping it is?
(holds breath...)

Lady Courtney

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

I am compelled to throw in my two cents. I am indeed Kit's significant other, and a new Majesty addict (yes, I've been playing for 6 hours straight except for the quick run to Taco Bell). I admit that I "borrowed" Majesty. I slid easily past Sneakers with an offering of milk bones. I have every intention of giving it back, not sure what the ransom will be though. Of course, I could go out and purchase my own copy, but what fun would that be. I have to hold something over his head to keep him around. Needless to say, I am enjoying Majesty, it's just more fun when Kit and I play together.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Ven Fairweather:
Lil' Scooter?!?!???
Did I miss something? Twy, is this the good news I am hoping it is? (holds breath...)

Not to steal Lady Courtney's thunder... but yes. Steven and I are expecting a baby girl somewhere around the end of November or the beginning of December. Her name is Kathryn Rebecca, but we've been calling her "Scooter" just for fun. Eryn (my teenager) has had the unfortunate nickname of "Pooter" since the day of her birth... "Scooter" just naturally fit in.

Sorry, guys, but the only person we've told about this is Goldy, since we lost the other two babies last year. We were kinda scared to share the news... I hope ya'll understand.

OK, I'm done butting in now.

PS - Congrats on snagging Kit, Lady Courtney. That's one fine man you have there and someone very dear to my family's heart. My husband and I really love that doofus.

- Twy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Another Satisfied Customer Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Twylah Skye:
PS - Congrats on snagging Kit, Lady Courtney. That's one fine man you have there and someone very dear to my family's heart. My husband and I really love that doofus.

Even after he stole my Wizard...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: