Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Krolm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

i found out that the name Krolm comes from "Crom" from Conan the Barbarian. Familiar, eh?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

How'd you find that out?

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, did someone actually admit to that or are you just speculating?

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

I think he found out from the chat log which Majesty-Dragon keeps of the 'Meet Cyberlore' chat session held a few years ago. Yes, I was nuts enough to read through the lot. Twylah was there (of course) as well as Kit and some other seasoned forum members.

They had a short discussion over how did they come up with the names of the deities and Jay mentioned that Krolm was from Conan the Barbarian's Crom, Krypta was derived from the word Crypt, etc. Pretty interesting read.

Found the link

[ 23. May 2003, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 7:21 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

Man, he went through that? It's a good thing it was at the beginning of the chat...

It makes sense, but was good enough for a educated guess so I was just asking to see if there was an "official" info thing behind it, and there was...

Not sure about Fervus - Fenris part though; wasn't Fenris just a (big) wolf?

Falotar

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Fervus' symbol is a wolf . . . and I'm willing to bet they influenced by the word "fervor" when naming him, as well.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
Well, Fervus' symbol is a wolf . . . and I'm willing to bet they influenced by the word "fervor" when naming him, as well.

Or maybe they meant "fevor"? Or is that what you meant, Falotar, and misspelled it?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

They look like a bunch of little Conan (Barbie)dolls running around....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

Fevor? Never heard of the word. I think you mean ["fever".
But, consider that fervour means extreme devotion, which sometimes becomes fanaticism, which is a form of madness . . .

Vizzerdrix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:44 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

okay, since the title of this topic is "Krolm" i'm going to chat a bit about him.

krolm's the creator of ardania and the god of battle, right? who was the mother? did he just create the ardanian continent or did he create the entire planet? have you ever wondered if Krolm looked like barbarians? i tend to portray the dieties to look like their followers.

M

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

I bet he created hiMself. A lot of gods do that.

Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:25 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
Fevor? Never heard of the word. I think you mean ["fever".
But, consider that fervour means extreme devotion, which sometimes becomes fanaticism, which is a form of madness . . .

Yes, that's what I meant. Like I've said before in other forums, I'm not a good speller.
To MMMMM: That would be a funny idea.

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

I think in the Northern Expansion downloadable quest there's a special building called the temple of light which states in its description "May have been built to honor the unknown mother to Krolm's children"
Can anybody else check to back that up as I hate that quest, its too buggy and impossible.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

If youre referring to the Balance of Twilight - Im pretty certain you are correct Tiger. Ive been playing that scenario over and over lately...cant seem to get anywhere close to beating it even after around 90-100 days.

[ 26. May 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Jakartiz ]

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Krolm Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jakartiz:
If youre referring to the Balance of Twilight - Im pretty certain you are correct Tiger. Ive been playing that scenario over and over lately...cant seem to get anywhere close to beating it even after around 90-100 days.

Did you try my hints for Balance of Twilight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: