Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty 2 screenshot discusion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furfoot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
You haven't yet tried the Northern Expansion??

Magic Bazaar.

I do have the expansion, though I haven't played it for quite awhile. I put a lot more hours into the original than the expansion.

That's great that monks will buy the potions at the Bazaar, just commenting that a weapon-wielder would have a lot more to spend their gold on.

Maybe they're both in? We'll have to see.

Whitedog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:

See how much fun idle speculation is

I'm wondering about the new icons that accompany the screen descriptions:

Dirgo - sword, shield, chest & flagon(?), with the sword lit up red.
Barracks - spear, axe, sword & halberd, with the spear lit up blue.
Palace - flagon, chest, scroll & sword with none lit up.
Temple (not Temple to Dauros, just Temple) - no icons (!?)
Blacksmith - shield, sword, axe, halberd with none lit up.

Any thoughts, wavefront?

Plus, I don't see any indication for building level or research options. Also, I notice that the Majesty's commanding hand is replaced by a pointer that can light up green or red. Oh, the possibilities...

[ 27. April 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Whitedog ]

housefish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

maybe with the barrack you choose the type of follower you want to recruit.

then with the dirgo its a choice of types of flags or something.

and finally with the blacksmith its what type of weapon you wish to research or create

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the buttons are strange. I was scratching my head trying to figure out the relationships between the buttons and what was displayed to the left of them. I can only state that the whole interface looks like it has been reworked.

Furfoot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking they might be different types of reward flags as well. The sword could be attack (kill), the shield defend (building, person, area, whatever), the chest could be "go here" (like an explore flag). The flagon? Drink here? Free ale?

Also note that the palace screenshot replaces the shield with a scroll, and the buttons are in a different order.

[ 27. April 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Furfoot ]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
You don't have to assume those roads were layed by the citybuilder. In Settler's IV the roads were generated by the game. The player placed the buildings and the settlers developed their own road network based upon their most commonly used footpaths. That is more in keeping with Majesty's "autonomous AI".

Well, roads are one thing - but what about those City Walls? I'm assuming that the hexagonal lines around the city are actually walls - they seem thicker and have a different colour from roads. Surely the player must have some control over the building of those walls, and if so, I wonder how Cyberlore has managed to get around the problem of AI-controlled heroes getting stuck behind walled areas - one of the main reasons why we didn't have walls, or rivers, or mountains in the original Majesty.

Oh man, I'll need to get a new computer for this.

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

what is the crown symbol beside gold indicator on top left of the screen, is it some form of mana ?

Golem XV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

well i do believe that there is mana cause dirgo has two bars one red and one blue and the standard rpg thing is that red is life and blue is mana

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

another confusing found, Above the head of the amazon in one of the barrack shots ( with peasants ) there is a piece of paper with 2 walking man symbol over the head of the amazon.

reward flags ? thought indicator ? trafic lights ? anyone ?

and crown indicator beside the gold indicator is very new, and very confusing

also, there appeared to be a lot more peasants ( FAST TECH anyone ? FAST tech )

[ 28. April 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Twylah Skye ]

Furfoot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe that means she's single?

I was wondering about the crown thing, too.

Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the original game, my guess is that the paper is a thought indicator. Looks like she is taking a walk or following somebody.

[ 28. April 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Whitedog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

I saw those red and blue bars with Dirgo's portrait, but those same bars accompany the buildings as well, so that might rule out mana. Since the crown is the symbol of authority, perhaps the Crown 'resource' is some sort of Authority Pool that allows you to perform certain actions in the game, although how it would be replenished is another thing. Perhaps by achieving certain goals? As Dragon mentioned, the symbol above the Amazon looks very similar to the thought bubble that Heroes display before performing an action, which there are probably many more of than the standard ones we are used to. One thing is for sure, everything does look quite different. It's almost as if Cyberlore only hung on to just enough recognizable features so that eveybody would know that this IS Majesty 2, and not an entirely different game.

[ 28. April 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Whitedog ]

Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

well maybe the blue bar on the building is for thier special feature

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the number next to the Crown is a population count.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 screenshot discusion Reply with quote Back to top

10,000 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: