Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Is Majesty2 out of the question?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

ah, well almost a month, lots of people echoing my question about Majesty2 and my setiments about wanting a sequel.
Lots of nice information about what's going on from fellow members (thanks guys, and hiya Dragon!!)
But the wait is just a bit frustrating and the fact that the cyberlore guys seem to be ignoring me and this issue is even less encouraging. Jay's not even bothering to step in and say anything. not even to say that there's no news or he can't say anything.

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

But the wait is just a bit frustrating and the fact that the cyberlore guys seem to be ignoring me and this issue is even less encouraging. Jay's not even bothering to step in and say anything. not even to say that there's no news or he can't say anything.

Ahh, now Tiger, don't take it personally. Jay really is a busy little muffin and doesn't get to check in to these forums as often as he'd like to anymore. Heck, I haven't seen him post anything on the various MechWarrior forums lately either and that's Cyberlore's current release!

That's where I've been posting these days as I now have a HUGE fanbase for my "Duncan Fisher" character ... , but that's not the point I'm trying to make....

The point is, Jay's not as likely to post any sort of reply unless he DOES have something to report. I can't say much but I can say that Cyberlore IS trying to continue the Majesty series. After all, Majesty is their creation and as such Cyberlore would have more control over any possible sequels and believe me, developers LOVE to have control.

So, just keep telling everyone that Majesty is great and still available in stores and on-line (just saw that the original Maj. and Northern Expansion are being sold as a two-box package for $20 at WalMart and Mediaplay) and that will convince a publisher that a sequel would be a good MONEY-MAKING idea!

Keep the faith, baby!

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

I really apologize for not being around much recently. We have been VERY busy these days and although George isn't an employee he does have skills that we employ on a regular basis and he is pretty much as in the know as somebody who doesn't work here daily can be. That's why I appreciate the fact that he has been out there staying in touch with everybody and trying to keep people informed.

Unfortunately no news is.. er.. no news.

Let me give you the up-to-the-minute news that I can tell you about regarding M2:

Have we forgotten about Majesty 2?

No.

Are we currently in production?

No.

Is anything going on at all?

Yes!

Can we give you details?

Not really. We're still in that delicate position where things are happening that we're not at liberty to discuss. I will be doing everything that I can to bring you up to date as soon as we have an announcement to make. Getting into production on Majesty 2 has taken far longer than we would have liked but as anybody who has been tracking the industry news recently knows, this is a bad time to be a game publisher (and by extension a very frustrating time to be a developer!).

I know that those of you who have been keeping track of what's going on with Majesty are probably a little nervous or frustrated with the lack of new information but it's no more frustrated than we have been with the ability to give you new information. Luckily, it's not all bad news. It's not as though we've been sitting on our hands. In fact, we expect there to be some good news to announce shortly... but these things have been taking a lot more time than we're used to so I'm not going to try to set a specific date for good news to arrive.

In the meantime we continue to work on RISK, we've put together a prototype for another fantasy game for another publisher, and are currently talking to a third publisher about another game (and working on a prototype for that one).

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

What's going on with RISK, then? We got a pop-up ad onscreen at home earlier this week saying it was coming out Jan 29th. Most sites found using a search on keywords Cyberlore and Risk also say release date is Jan 29th. You have to weasel around to find info on it at the Infogrames US Games site. Put "RISK" into the search engine and you get no pages!!!!!

But, Gamestop says they'll have it, maybe, September 9th!!! Twy and I want our RISK!!!!!

[ 28. January 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Grumbold

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

Keep plugging away Jay. I look forward to the day when an announcement can be made. Truly classic series only publish once every 5 years anyway

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:56 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
What's going on with RISK, then? We got a pop-up ad onscreen at home earlier this week saying it was coming out Jan 29th. Most sites found using a search on keywords Cyberlore and Risk also say release date is Jan 29th. You have to weasel around to find info on it at the Infogrames US Games site. Put "RISK" into the search engine and you get no pages!!!!!

But, Gamestop says they'll have it, maybe, September 9th!!! Twy and I want our RISK!!!!!

Don't get me started about the Infogrames website...

RISK is still in production and looking REALLY, REALLY nice. The screenshots on our site are now sorely out of date. I think that I'll need to fix that situation soon...

The original schedule would have had it out in January, but some important last-minute additions were made to the feature list that have pushed the relase back. The changes have definitely been worthwhile and it will be a much better game for it (and it is something that people had e-mailed me about because it seemed like such a natural for a title like this).

Patrel_Rushlock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear M2 isn't forgotten. Just re-installed M1 and expansion today, and played a dwarf only strat, lol.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty is our baby. We aren't going to just abandon it.

We do have some other really killer stuff in the works as well though. The next contract that we sign will probably not be M2, but we're all very excited about it anyway.

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

--(like Beavis & Butthead)-- (remember them?)--
... "Heh, heh heh heh,.. he said 'excited'... heh heh heh heh..."

Golem XV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:

We do have some other really killer stuff in the works as well though. The next contract that we sign will probably not be M2, but we're all very excited about it anyway.

sigh so its gonna be awhile
geez i might be outta college by the time it comes out

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Golem XV:
[QUOTE]

By then M2 might be so advanced you will need a new (faster) computer just to run it.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

that'd be nice

bladeles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:
quote:
Originally posted by Golem XV:
[QUOTE]

By then M2 might be so advanced you will need a new (faster) computer just to run it.

You can probably bet on it... I was getting slowdown in M1 on the longer quests on my P3 500...

[ 05. February 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: bladeles ]

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

A little goes a long way in keeping the faith in Maj2 alive, and I thank you for your attention on the matter. I look forward to the day I can play Majesty2 on the floating holographic cube that I'll control with a direct mind interface.

FieryDove

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Is Majesty2 out of the question? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Adan:

That is good news! I'm glad thoughts of M2 are still alive!

Other projects? I guess we will hear about those soon? I'd be interested in similar type games!

Cheers,
FD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: