Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

DOWNLOAD QUESTS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Sumner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

The quests map has a Downloaded Quests Icon in the lower left corner.
I have attempted to find a list of quests or an FTP sight but have been unsuccessful thus far.
Am I misinterpreting that or am I just lost?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

Go to the Cyberlore Download page

Jim the Great King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

Do the downloads even work anymore? I've tried twice each to download Balance of Twilight and Wrath of Krolm. It hasn't worked either time. I played them both on my old computer, but they aren't working on my new computer. Or I'm just doing something wrong.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

Are you having problems with the actual download process or having trouble installing the downloads? If it's the former, try www.fileplanet.com and see if the quests are there and if you're more successful there.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

I had these problems until I got smart and saved my downloads to a zip disk. Burning them on a CD is another solution. That way if you have to reinstall you already have them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Stomper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

I always understood the download quests won't work with Maj Gold; they only work with Maj and MajX. If so, then I ask if you are still using the same version of Maj you formerly used to play the downloads.

Jim the Great King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I don't have Majesty Gold.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I believe that the downloadable quests work only with the Original Majesty game. I think they quit working when the Northern Expansion was released, and they remained unavailable for Gold. There were a LOT of complaints about that... my husband's being one of the loudest.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

The sole exception to that would be the quest "Balance of Twilight", which only works in NE.

Err, right?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:34 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

It's goofy. The only way to play Wrath of Krolm is to run the original Majesty game. The only way to play Balance of Twilight is to run the original Northern Expansion. Neither downloadable quest works on the "official" version of the Gold edition.

[ 16. February 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jim the Great King

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:26 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

My stepson was over yesterday and helped me download Balance of Twilight. Hopefully I learned enough to download Wrath of Krolm. Does anybody know if the Demo game still works or not? Thanks for the help.

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:03 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the correction, Goldy. I wasn't sure about the answer, so I gave my best guess. I never played the downloadable quests, so I wasn't positive about which ones went with which versions... and when they quit working.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Jim the Great King:
Does anybody know if the Demo game still works or not? Thanks for the help.

It's still available for download if you want to give it a shot (the link is in my 1st post).

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

I think if someone knew what files are included in Wrath of Krolm, they could be copied over to the MajX directory and then it'd appear on its map, but I don't think anyone's tried doing that.

kandykane4you

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: DOWNLOAD QUESTS Reply with quote Back to top

ok, so now that I've pretty much figured out that Nothern Expansion is something you have to buy, is there any update downloadable on the download page, to expand the original version? j/w

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: