Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

You play Majesty too much when ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stomper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

If you get unlucky with your embassy.

Dr. DimWit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:24 am    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

Or in "Free the Slaves"...

Stomper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:28 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

"Free the Slaves"? I thought we were talking about extra gnomes in MajX?

swoyer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
In MajX, you can have more than nine Gnomes at one time.
I know - isn't it great! Sometimes I think they're more dedicated than the other heros.

quote:
So if you haven't already, get MajX...
I picked up MajX less than a month ago (didn't even know it existed before that) and finished all the quests already. [...want more]

quote:
you can how?

quote:
"Free the Slaves"? I thought we were talking about extra gnomes in MajX?
Some of the quests generate more than 3 gnome hovels.

===
How do you get your quotes to show "Originally posted by..."?

===

My list is stupid..

===

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

i'm either really bad at this game or i just keep getting unlucky i cant beat alot of quest on the original and the expansion. maybe i'm just not good at games in general.

1. read the ? on the buildings

2. watch the intro when i'm bored.

3. start outposts when i'm done the quest

4. when i'm done with the quest have one of each level building

5. actually listen to Venn Fairweather (I think thats rigth)

6. rename the first member of the guild so it has a GM (guild master) with it

7. wonder how you can see everything from overhead

8. wish i could see the ending to the quests i havent beaten

9. go on the forum. (yes that is a sign

10. responding to this topic

[ 06 September 2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: DragonWizard012 ]

Apple

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:26 am    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by lorelei:
How do you get your quotes to show "Originally posted by..."?

The easy way is to press the "" icon at the top of the post you wish to quote.

The hard way is to do some typing...

Stomper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DragonWizard012:
i'm either really bad at this game or i just keep getting unlucky i cant beat alot of quest on the original and the expansion. maybe i'm just not good at games in general.

All quests can be beat without too much luck, so long as you don't encounter the "Trade Routes" glitch, and so long as you really understand how all the pieces of your kingdom can be synergized with proper supervision from their sovereign (you). Try reading a bunch of threads in Quest Tips and Tricks. I learned a lot from that.

Slackson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

I've done a few of the first things mentioned, but I still haven't had a level 20 wizard. Is there any reason why?

Stomper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:01 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Slack:
I've done a few of the first things mentioned, but I still haven't had a level 20 wizard. Is there any reason why?

Wizards just die too easily. If they are in range of a Wizard's Guild or Tower, you can extend their lives with invisibility. If not within range, then you can use Temple spells to help: Heal (from Agrela or Fervus lvl1; note that Agrela costs only half as much to cast); Blessing (Agrela lvl2), Stone Skin (Dauros lvl1), and Vigilance (Dauros lvl2) cast on your hero all increase that hero's odds of surviving a fight, by augmenting hp or certain stats (cast the spell, then check your hero's stats; the numbers increased by that spell are green on my PC). Vigilance also makes your hero faster. Since Wizards are slow, extra speed running away could make the difference between life and death. Winged Feet (Lunord lvl1) is a much cheaper way to get anything moving faster, if all you want is speed. If your wizard is threatened by a swarm of bad guys, then Windstorm (Lunord lvl2) will scatter them and deal minor damage to each.

Wither (Krypta lvl1) cast on a monster or other opposing critter will slow that monster substantially (movement and attack) for the duration of the spell. Petrify (Dauros lvl3?) and Vines (Fervus lvl3?) cast on a monster will freeze it in its place, so it can't follow your wizard, and so tougher heroes can catch it. If all else fails, and your Wizard dies before lvl 20 (or at any point), then you can Reanimate (Krypta lvl3) or Resurrect (Agrela lvl3) as long as you cast the spell before on the gravestone before it goes away.

In short, wizards die easily, unless you spend a lot of time and gold protecting them, or unless you use the "grow up" cheat (select the wizard, press Enter, type "grow up", press Enter again, and repeat). Wizard's Guilds are frequently useful, but I have been known to build a lvl3 Wizard's Guild (and numerous Wizard's Towers) without ever recruiting a wizard. They are awfully expensive to recruit, just so they can walk outside and let a Ratman kill them.

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

According to The Book, in the section for Fairgrounds, it says that 'If there were more than four combatants, the victor automatically gains a level.'

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:54 am    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

In addition, once Wizards reach 7 level and know all of their spells, they're considerably tougher. That's not to say that a single blow from a Rock Golem can't kill them so they still need watching, but once one reaches 7th level I generally don't have to pay attention to it.

Another thing to try to raise levels is type in the various monster waves and have your Wizard hold 'em off

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:14 am    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

For getting heroes to higher levels, see The Ancient Art of Babysitting .

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

is it me or are we going off topic.

swoyer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:33 am    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

Yep - we're way off topic. However....

quote:
Originally posted by Slack:

I found if you get your wizard's guild up to level 3 and recruit all your wizards at the same time, they have a tendency to stick together; 4 wizards together (awesome to watch) have a better chance of surviving than 1 alone. Although by the time you get built up to that point, you really don't need them.

To get your wizards to level up, flag weak monsters and structures to entice the wizards to attack. But....(until your wizards are very strong), never flag a vampire; wizards will immediately go to them and of course the vampires magic-mirror reflects the wizards attack and kills them instantly.

DragonWizard012

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: You play Majesty too much when ... Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by recruiting them together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: