Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty 2 Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 6:11 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

Since I wasn't sure how many people actually read the Treasure Hunt topic I thought that I would give a little update on Majesty 2 here since I did it there in response to questions about TH.

We haven't said much about Majety 2 since the release of Majesty. At first, because it's hard to start thinking about a sequel right after you finish a game, and later because we were really too busy to do much more than compile ideas and ruminate about what we might like to do.

Well, not too long ago (well, before E3 this year) we spent some time putting together a proposal of some of the ideas that we had for Majesty 2 to discuss with publishers while we made the rounds. We didn't end up showing it to many people then. We later put more work into the proposal and showed on a more dedicated trip to visit publishers themselves (rather than trying to do it at E3) and had a much better time with it. A number of publishers showed interest in getting a shot at Majesty 2. More recently that interest has stepped up and it's starting to look like there's a good chance of it getting picked up.

Of course, we remain busy. We have one project that we haven't yet announced going full-steam. We have another project that we'll probably finalize in the next couple of weeks... neither one of these is Majesty 2.

I don't have any real details to share with you about what our plans are for M2. We have some really killer new ideas that I wouldn't want to share with the world until we're well on our way into production so that we don't risk somebody trying to beat us to the punch (yes, it's really that cool). We will be giving out more details as time goes on and I'll see about releasing some pre-pre-pre-production art that our artists have been working on. But that's not likely to happen soon.

So, there you are. Majesty 2 is close to becoming a reality...

Thanks to ALL of you for making it possible!

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

housefish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:29 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

I think I speak for everyone by saying...

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:58 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tanara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:06 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

Please tell us that one of those projects is the port of NE with MacPlay (nearest I could find to a pleading face). Also, give us Majesty II for the mac and I will buy it somehow - I only really need one kidney .

------------------
- Are you willing to flirt with Death?
- Is she cute?

The Archmage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:26 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

YES!

------------------
"Now where did I put my spellbook?..."

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:09 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

I know nothing about this business so...

Does this mean (in general) that every time you make a game, you have to find a publisher? Even for a sequel or continuing series? I can see it for an original game, but it seems that Infrogames would be the logical choice.

Or did they just sign on for the one game with nothing said about sequels? So now you effectively have to start over from scratch?

------------------
Thwip!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:43 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

Infogrames didn't sign on to publish Majesty, Hasbro Interactive did. Luckily tho', when Hasbro went under, Infogrames published the Northern Expansion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:49 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. So because Hasbro, the original publisher went down and Infogrammes was a "stop-gap", Cyberlore needs a new one. Correct?

Normally, if Hasbro had stayed in, are deals made that they would also handle the sequel, depending on how the original does? Or does it just go game by game, each case taken individually?

------------------
Thwip!

Aragorn Swashbuckler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:17 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

Majesty 2. ahhh...

i play the Northern Expansion every night, still haven't come close to finishing it, and i still duck back into the original occasionally to make deals with demons, wipe out elven settlements, or run down the Liche Queen and Witch King.

it doesn't get any better than this news.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:11 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

The way this industry NORMALLY works for us developers is that a publisher comes to us and asks us to develop a title for them. Nearly all of Cyberlore's previous titles have been done this way. If the publisher decides that they want to do a sequel they may decide to work with the developer that they worked with for the first title, or they may go to a new developer. It's their game, they can decide to do it however they want.

Majesty is a little different. Majesty belongs to Cyberlore. I can't go into the full complexities of it, but it should suffice to say that we have a little more control over who we work with as far as publishers are concerned.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

Kit5150

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 9:22 am    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

hoorah! this thread made my week!

so when is it coming out? is there a demo ready yet? screen shots?

Animedragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:58 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

*crosses his fingers*
hope for mac... hope for mac... OSX... OSX...
*grin*
Either way, it sounds like it will be another great game! Love all the secret stuff...

------------------
'I am the great Dragonlord... bow down now or be burnt down!' ~ Dragonlord Arcaus

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:16 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

release dates! demos! screen shots! oh my!! Here we go again!

But Jay I have another "business question." What prevents a potential developer from stealing any of these "new cool ideas" you have for a game if you dont pick them as your developer?

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 17 October 2001).]

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 6:41 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

(Musical Number Starts)
Stop oh yes, wait a minute Mister Adan. Wait, Mister Adan. Please, Mister Adan, look and see is there a new game coming out for me? 'Cause it's taking such a long time for me to hear from that Cyberloo. There must be some word today, from that company so far away. Please, Mister Adan look and see, if there's news, some news for me? I've been sitting here waiting Mister Adan, so patiently, for just a post or just a topic saying it's coming out for me.
So many days you passed me by, see the rolling of my eyes, you didn't stop to hear me wail, or send me a nice e-mail. Mister Adan, look and see, if a new game's coming out for me? Why's it taking such a long time? Why don't you check and see one more time for me? You gotta wait a minute, wait a minute. Wait a minute, wait a minute. Ooo, Mister Adan, come on release the game, your excuses are getting lame. (j/k about that last part )

Golem XV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:31 pm    Post subject: Majesty 2 Update Reply with quote Back to top

i cant wait for it this will be great

the possiblites that this could bring ever since majesty i have not been satisfied with other strategy games it the best concept to an rts out there imo

hmmmm wonder if there will be a zoo........

------------------
The King of Streamofconciousness is here

[This message has been edited by Golem XV (edited 17 October 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: