Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cut Your Ribbon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

When I go to start it (the expansion) up, everything goes fine, it shows the little Infogrames thingy, then the Cyberlore one, then my screen turns black, and I have to press the little reset button on my comp, 'cause I can't get away from the black screen, and ctrl + alt + del just restarts.
Can anyone help? Thanks.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch. That's a nasty one. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? That's the only thing I can think of.

Cut Your Ribbon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, tried it already, unfortunately. But thanks
Anyone else?

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is the MP3 music files are giving your computer fits. I think Spiderman said something about the music files in a long ago post and how to fix it.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

No, that wasn't me. I think Goldy covered MP3 files for XP or something.

I just mentioned the shortcut "-nocdaudio" to keep the music from playing and the game accessing the CD drive all the time.

[ 04. March 2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

He hasn't supplied us with any of his system information. With a black screen I am less likely to suspect MP3 problems and more likely to suspect video driver or directx problems. But, with limited information I don't have anything better to suggest than Steven already has.

[ 04. March 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Cut Your Ribbon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, sorry. I'm running it on Windows 98SE. I have DirectX 8.0 at the moment.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

With the black screen, how long do you wait until you press Ctl-Alt-Del?

Felinius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:46 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

i'm having the same problem, also runing 98se, with DX 8.0...except i can't ctl-alt-dlt my computer to get it to reboot, and sometimes i get gibberish at the top, looking like slurred graphix

Felinius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

ok, after two reinstalls, i'm about to give up, i even went so far as to d/l the lastist directx stuff, so i'm on 8.1 now..and still..nothing....

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Gold Edition Northern Expansion won't run.. Reply with quote Back to top

You might either have to upgrade your video drivers or downgrade them...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: