Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Lock-up on Splash screen, any developements?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brainchild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Lock-up on Splash screen, any developements? Reply with quote Back to top

Brand new here. I've searched entire forum and the faq for answers, but every single thread has been left with a big gaping hole on this question. I start the game, the splash screen pops up (Majesty with the hands holding the castle) and it freezes. ctrl + alt + delete and ending task does nothing. If I take out the CD it says to insert it, and I press cancel, the splash screen doesn't disapear (and half the time it crashes other tasks)but at this point I am able to restart. Any developments on this?

I have an VIA chipset with AMD Athlon 1.6 gig, 256 ram, ProSavageDDR videocard.

Any suggestions would be welcome...

Brainchild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Lock-up on Splash screen, any developements? Reply with quote Back to top

Almost forgot, my OS is XP pro, and my DirectX version is 8.0, and here's what i've tried so far to fix the problem (all unsuccessful of course)

Added -Nointro to target in shortcut

Added -Nocdaudio to target in shortcut

Changed resolution to 480x640 (lowest I can go...) and set color down to both 256 and 16 bit

Updated all my drivers

Tried changing the compatibility to 98 and 95

Patched it with the latest (1.4 I believe)

Various cd in, cd out, stop, go tricks (works on PS2...)

Cleaned the CD

Ripped my hair out from the roots and babbled and screamed incoherently

But alas all in vain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: