Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lshory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

I bought Majesty Gold and can barely tear myself away from the basic game.

The problem is I can't get the Expansion to run at all. It plays the Cyberlore intro, and then I get a lock-up with a bunch of blue lines at the bottom of a black screen.

Majesty works flawlessly. No problems.

I've tried reinstalling, but to no avail. I've got a 600mhz HP Pavilion with 256 megs of RAM and fully updated sound and graphics drivers. Running Windows 98.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked that you have the right version of DirectX ????

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
lshory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I installed the one included with the game.

redwing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming you allready tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Thats allways where I start, you can backup your quests so you can dump them back in the folder and not have to start over again. Also have you tried skipping the intro movies? I'm sure there's a code to disable them by adding it to the shortcut, but I don't know it and I couldn't find it searching the forums. Maybe if somebody else knows it they will post it here for you. You can allways just hit escape till then. Sorry if you've allready tried all this.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

That's strange, I know I've mentioned the code to bypass the intro several times.

Add "-nointro" to the shortcut line.

lshory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to everybody for the help--but can you explain how I go about adding -nointro to the shortcut line?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Problems w/ Expansion in Majesty Gold Reply with quote Back to top

right click on the shortcut icon, select properties, add it there.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: