Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

* windows blue screen *

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Adan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2001 3:15 pm    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

You haven't changed ANYTHING between the time that you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it? Drivers? Installed other software?

It seems to me that if your system is identical from when you played it last then it should work. Something is obviously different.

It could be as simple as a bad install. It could be that you haven't added anything new - but perhaps you've changed a setting ot two.

It's hard to know for sure since it should be working correctly. It might be worth contacting Tech Support to have them run through the possibilities with you.

------------------
- Jay Adan
- Cyberlore Studios

trollac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2001 11:12 pm    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

I have been playing majesty for a long time. I have beaten it and uninstalled it. I recently reinstalled it, but now it does not work. I have not changed any hardware or anything. What happens is I can play the game for about 15-20min then I get windows blue screen. I press any key twice and I get dumped to the desktop with the majesty music playing in the background but no game. If I try to launch it again I get a dhelp error and a majesty.exe error.
I w as wondering if anyone has had this problem too and how to fix it. I have the 1.4 ver installed.
amd 850mhz
geforce ddr
santa cruz sound
512mb RAM
16gig hd
abit kt7 mobo
win98se.
thanks

trollac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 9:08 am    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

I have contacted tech support. The only thing I have updated since my uninstall was installing other games. That is it. I got the expansion set, thinking that might fix it but it did not. I get OE, OD, 06 errors . It is really annoying since I have been waiting for this new expansion to come out. How come none of the companies have tech support or common problems for the game?

trollac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 9:53 am    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

uhhh how long does it take for tech support to get back? I have been waiting for a while. Does majesty support directx 8? I have a feeling this is my problem

------------------

trollac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 4:58 pm    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

I just played game and took cd out of the drive while playing and it still crashes. So it is not a DVD issue. where are these software workarounds?

jggrnaut

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2001 12:22 pm    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

I have this exact same problem. As far as I know everything is updated. The only thing I see we have in common is the Santa Cruz sound card. Have you discovered a fix yet?

trollac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:49 am    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

no I ahve not gotten a fix. I did speak with one of the game engineers/developers. We went through a bunch of things and nothing worked. He said that he would try to recreate the problem, and get back to me. That was over 2 months ago. who knows. Hey cyberlore tech forum dude. whats the deal?

knackers69

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2001 1:53 am    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

I also have this problem. I have a different sound card though (mine is a Hercules Game Theatre). I played through the whole game once, then formatted my hard drive reinstalled Majesty and still have troubles. I have done this numerous times. I also added a second video card and monitor.

DarkAges

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: * windows blue screen * Reply with quote Back to top

I have this problem too. I just bought Majesty Gold, and it gives me the blue screen after 20 minutes or so.

And I have a santa cruz.

Also, not surprisingly, the error message states a problem with my VxD TBCDSND - which would be a conflict with my santa cruz.

I am using the latest drivers (but not the untested beta), the latest directX, and everything else works ok on my system. So has anyone resolved the problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Majesty Technical Assistance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: