Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Rare Find?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Rare Find? Reply with quote Back to top

I picked up a copy of Majesty:FKS (original publication not Gold) at Babages for $15.00. Why? Well....mainly because I am goofy, but....

The Gold Edition presents too many problems for me that I haven't been able to fix, work around or solve. First, the Gold Edition doesn't work for the downloadable quests. Cyberlore made a start at fixing this bug but never finished or released a fix for it. I think they have probably decided not to fix (too many other higher priority tasks or something). Second, the Gold Edition freezes in the middle of quests on both my PC's. Not a whole lot of fun if your goal is to play and finish quests. Third, I never got my Gold Edition to work at GSA. Still don't know why.

With the original edition and the Northern Expansion none of the above problems occur. One might understandably think that there are bugs in the Gold Edition but apparently not everyone experiences the freezing problem. And it seems some get Gold to work at GSA. Go figure.

So I now have two copies of Majesty:FKS, two copies of Majesty:NE and one copy of Gold which I won't use. I can now play LAN games. All I need is another Majesty player in my house. Plus I don't have to worry about getting a scratch in my original CD. I have backup. That was really starting to worry me. The thought of damaging my one and only Majesty CD and not being able to replace it. What a horrifying thought.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:52 am    Post subject: Rare Find? Reply with quote Back to top

You could always have burned a copy of Maj for backup. You can install from the original only, but a backup copy will allow you to play, and then if you scratch that... make another backup.

You mention, again, my biggest gripe about the entire series: MP doesn't work well... at all. If you want this to be a big game, in today's market it simply must work online. How much fandom would MW lose if it worked as well online as Majesty?

I play StarCraft every Sunday night, and there are (by Blizzard's count) 5,000 users just playing StarCraft every Sunday. I've never seen more than 16 playing Majesty.

[ 16 September 2002, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Steven Of Nine ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: