Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Cybertour?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wavefront

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Does Cyberlore give tours of their studio?
I have to meet my wife in Hartford on the 12th of July and I'm might wind up going through Pittsfield to Williamsburg and Northampton then catch 91 (south) to avoid the Mass Pike (I hate to pay if I don't need to).
I'd like to see the place if that's possible.

Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

I bet if you showed em your ID and told them who you were on the forum and passed through their metal detectors and security system they'd LOVE to have you come by and rest a spell. RIGHT JAY?

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:
Does Cyberlore give tours of their studio?
I have to meet my wife in Hartford on the 12th of July and I'm might wind up going through Pittsfield to Williamsburg and Northampton then catch 91 (south) to avoid the Mass Pike (I hate to pay if I don't need to).
I'd like to see the place if that's possible.

It's not much of a tour, but I could certainly make the 10 minutes that it takes for a tour available for you while you're in town. Shoot me e-mail e-mail the week before you come out and I'll put it on my calendar.

bladeles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Keep an eye out for some sneak peaks of Mercs while you are there!!

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, Wavefront,...
whatever you do, don't miss out on meeting Duncan Fisher! What a cool guy. Jay introduced me to him today and all I can say is Bam! Pow!!... what a dynamic personality. Quite a character. And he's all about character...

Mogor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Why dont we bring Mr. Duncan Fisher to the message boards? We could use another personality. Or maybe he is too much for us...

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

I'll have about 1 hour to spare so it doesn't have to be anything extravagant. I've had tours of other facilities (Rhythm & Hues, P, Will Vinton , etc) so, I know most places don't look as exciting as the things they produce (unless you work on a rollercoaster), but it's still fun anyway.
I remember the time a local news crew came to our SGI lab. They were all rendering animation frames at the time, which is done using C shell, so all you saw on the monitors was the frame numbers the computer had finished. The cameraman looked at the computers and said, "Can you make these computers do something more interesting?" So I had to suspend the rendering process on one of the workstations and run a screen saver of a paper airplane flying through clouds. The cameraman said that was great and shot that even though it had nothing to do with anything we were working on.

Jay Adan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we occasionally get the press in here and have to put on the little "dog and pony show" so that they have something fun to show on the six o'clock news.

I'll be sure to introduce you to Duncan while you're out here. It's an experience not to be missed.

Foldalake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget to seal something from Jay's desk!

Ct0fDiscord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, you get to see the Great Jay in person.

bladeles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Foldalake:
Don't forget to seal something from Jay's desk!

Oh... you meant STEAL...

Foldalake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

No, I really meant seal. ummm...

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as it looks now. I will be spending the prior night in Albany and driving through the Northampton area in the morning (I'm suppose to be at the UoC at noon).

Unless, I'm going to NYC in which case I will be nowhere near Mass. and I'll miss the visit completely . I'll find out this weekend what's the plan.

--------------------
"Plan?? Ha, there's no plan."
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:09 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Aaawww,.. c'mon wavefront. I was thinkin' of meeting you there to take the tour with you and introduce myself. Plus, it would give me a chance of seeing Jay in his cool "Meeting Hat".

You'll have to ask him what that's all about since I have no clue...
LOL

Ven Fairweather

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Cybertour? Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops! Never mind. I'll be in Philadelphia on the 12th. My wife, a friend and I are visiting my best friend/cousin and his wife and going to the OzzFest show in nearby Camden, N.J.

Pray for me,...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: