Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty: Heroes of Ardania
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakartiz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Great to have you back Lisa . Hope to hear more from you.

Try registering without using the colon or semicolon whatever it's called. ;-)

[ 10 June 2002, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Jakartiz ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:15 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, Lisa!

DreamRain: Since you only use turns for combat (and gambling, since the Fairgrounds ins out), right now it's not that big of a deal. Since this is beta and only a few things are up, once you get over 50 HP/level 5-6/get the best stuff, you're pretty invincible. I didn't play over the weekend and have about 70 turns to use up, but all I can do is fight in the Lower Sewers.

When the game gets up and you can explore more, I'll probably think differently

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Lisa!! I missed you! We need all the teenage girls we can possiby get here! These old people outnumber us!! Noooooo....
---

Ok I don't know what possessed me to say that but anyway WeLcOmE BaCk LiSa!!!!

[ 10 June 2002, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Starsinmyeyes ]

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa...news spreads like wildfire around the forum I guess. Thanks wavefront for informing me about the bug...thing...whatever.

Apple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:
The problem is the:
quote:
'
Use something else and you won't have any problems. Look here for more info...
Register ' Bug
Oh, BTW... Welcome Back Lisa

See, I told you Talespinner left that bug to get you to post here.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Apple:
See, I told you Talespinner left that bug to get you to post here.

Hah! My ploy to get Lisa back to the forums actually worked!

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Dang! That Talespinner...always 2 steps in front of me!

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

The gnomes are on strike and are demanding better pay and working conditions, although I can't see why they'd complain about that since the work site is a hundred times cleaner than their filthy hovels.

Seriously, I'm working on another major part of the game which I really want to get out to be 'tested'. There's just so many ideas brimming over on what next to do - I just hope that I can find time to implement them all.

Ct0fDiscord

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

*scottish dwarven accent*
You should 'ave 'ad the dwarves build it, my friend. So there would be a few ballista towers, it adds to the challenge of the thing. Rather than them filthy gomes, not'in but dirty buggers they are.

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

LOL!! Ok Talespinner, I'll keep my eyes open... I'm just getting sick of beating up rats and rust spitters for 250 exp.. any chance of some tougher foes? When you're done with the fairgrounds that is.. I'm just sooooo demanding

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Talespinner, any idea when the Farigrounds will be open? Oh and I love the Tavern!! Its great.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not complaining either as I think the work done so far is outstanding, but most of my melee guys have reached the "super-hero" status of running over everything in the Lower Sewers (it's kind of funny, you spend a while getting to level 4 (roughly) to get in there and then jump at least 3 levels a day once you're in ). So I've temporarily "retired" them and am working on the ranged and low HP heros now.

Just a note, the Solarus does kick butt past 4th level and Iron Will for the Monk at 7th is almost crazy right now (I know that will change with harder monster but for him, it's almost no use buying Healing Potions now )

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Well, decided to upload some of what I've done, pretty minor stuff, really:

1. The FireBall spell now hits for 30 damage on the first target and 2-15 damage to all other opponents.
2. The FireBlast spell now does 20 damage to 3 opponents.
3. The Library has opened and offers the FlameShield, PowerShock and FireBlast spells. However, I only allow heroes with Spell Casting abilities to learn spells. Later on, heroes with a mininum of 11 INT will be able to pay to learn the Spell Casting ability in the Wizard's Guild.
4. Healing Potions & Health Grubs now need to be Readied for Combat in order to be used in Combat. The order of usage depends on the Readied order. You can ready up to 5 items in combat, although the only things you can ready in this version are really just Healing Potions and Health Grubs. Later, I'll try to introduce more stuff like poisons which you can ready for combat.
5. The apostrophe bug has been fixed - Lisa D'angler can now create a hero with her exact name
6. A version number has been introduced to the login page. We're on version 1.3 right now.
7. The PowerShock spell is considered a Melee range spell, which means that it is cast in Round 2. This sorts of balances it out with normal wizard spells, I think.

Other things done relate to the database, which I won't bore you with.

[ 13 June 2002, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: TaleSpinner ]

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by TaleSpinner:
Other things done relate to the database, which I won't bore you with.

BTW, did you get the speadsheet I e-mailed you?

bladeles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

I love MySQL as well...

and I can rhyme...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: