Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty: Heroes of Ardania
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by TaleSpinner:

Spiderman: Thanks. I thought a message pops up at the top of the screen telling you that you've got no more turns left?

I'll look again. I was only gambling when this happened, so not sure if the message appears if you're trying another activity.

Zhaoyun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:16 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

To whoever uses Jeb, I apologize,I couldn't resist trying the fairgrounds.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, okay - major game update.

1. Your hero will now fight one opponent at a time, instead of randomly choosing one every round.

2. You can now specify special combat settings available under 'Options' on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. These settings will reflect when your hero will flee from combat, and when your hero will try to use a healing aid during combat.

The hero will not be able to attack if he's using a healing aid. Your hero will automatically search his backpack for a healing aid and use if when he finds one.

If a hero flees, his/her followers will flee as well. When a hero opts of Flee, he will spend 1 round fleeing, and thereafter one round for every flee attempt failed. Flee attempts are based on Luck.

If a hero gets healed while he's fleeing to a point where his HPs are above their combat settings, then he will stop fleeing and continue fighting. (Yes, this can happen - I had a WoD guzzling down healing potions while fleeing when he suddenly realised that he's got more HPs than the giant rat and turned around and brained it) However, any followers who have successfully fled by this point will not come back.

3. On top of that, you can customise your hero's combat phrases - try it out - it's extremely fun!

4. Dwarves and Elves are now kicked out of the Gnome Hovel.

5. The Gnome Hovel now features 2 new items for sale.

6. All shops now don't snap you back to Buy mode after you've sold something. Also, if you're using an item, it will indicate it in your Sell Item list.

7. The Sewers (first level only) has been revamped to a newer exploration percentile, still based on Artiface, but with better chances for low Artiface heroes to find something. Also, there are circumstances where you get to choose whether you wish to fight a certain opponent. You might still get ambushed though, in which case you immediately fight.

Whew, all in a days work

Falotar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Cow:
The elf and dwarf are fine, but I noticed they were able to visit the Gnome Hovel even though they're not supposed to be.

Well, TaleSpinner changed this, but now that will leave Elves and Dwarves with a lot of useless junk on their hands. For the Dwarves, I think maybe they should be able to clean it up/fix it, and then use it or sell it. I don't know about the Elves; maybe they should be able to swindle some foolish peasant?

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Zhaoyun:
To whoever uses Jeb, I apologize,I couldn't resist trying the fairgrounds.

No problem Z, i think I repayed the favor with my priestess Lyli

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
Well, TaleSpinner changed this, but now that will leave Elves and Dwarves with a lot of useless junk on their hands. For the Dwarves, I think maybe they should be able to clean it up/fix it, and then use it or sell it. I don't know about the Elves; maybe they should be able to swindle some foolish peasant?

Nah, there has to be some down-sides from being a certain hero class. I'm leaving junk as they are for Elves and Dwarves.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

ummm i fough somebody's priestess as well forgot who i was lvl 4 she was lvl 9 and i won makes perfect sense to me ....
and also i fought a lvl 9 paladin with my lvl 4 one we tied

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:35 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Great enhancements, Talespinner!

And that message that you're out of turns is there for gambling, I checked it again

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:21 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Just did another upload:

1. Fixed the Combat system so that spell-casting and ranged heroes will attack one opponent at a time.
2. Implemented the Buy Multiple Items in the shops - you have to click on the item name to do it though. If you haven't noticed already, clicking on the item name brings up the item description page while clicking on the item cost is a short-cut to buying 1 of it.
3. Resting at temples now increase HPs by your vitality, not just 15 HPs.
4. Put up the Tavern which has a very, very, VERY simple chatroom. It simple, it works and it took me 30 minutes to write it, so I'm not complaining

Oh well, not much can be done over the weekdays when I have to work like normal people

Ct0fDiscord

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

The chat room is almost like a very simple message board. Type, post, go back or refresh to see if there have been any replies.

But I'm not complaining.

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Golem XV:
ummm i fough somebody's priestess as well forgot who i was lvl 4 she was lvl 9 and i won makes perfect sense to me ....
and also i fought a lvl 9 paladin with my lvl 4 one we tied

I've fought a level 4 priestess twice, I was level 9 once and somthing lower the other time but I lost both times!! By the way, I'm a Pallie with full armor, a fine steel longsword and a ring of protection. Grrr

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

You need a high magic resistance to go against a priestess... as all they do is cast spells which heal them and their followers

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhh that makes sense!! Right now the site isn't working for me. I'm getting the "site not found" message. I know it's probably not under Talespinner's control but I wanna play!!!!lol

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know whether this is "Hero Balance", or just more of my incessant whining but here goes anyway
After playing nearly all classes for quite some time it would seem that despite the ease of playing a priestess that in later levels the exp gain goes down dramatically in comparison to same level of warrior or dwarf.
Example: Jakartiz kills 5 giant rats at level 5 exp gain a little over 300 if my memory serves me well, priestess kills same 5 giant rats at level 5 and gains 55 exp.
So in order to get same exp as warrior, priestess has to kill over 6 times as many rats to gain same exp as warrior not to mention using way more than 6 times as many turns.
I dont expect you to custom fit this game to make me happy or anything like that, just pointing out what seems quite obvious to me to be subtle balancing issues that you may want to consider. Again I cannot know all the ideas and things you plan on adding to game that perhaps would balance out these things, so bear with me and take what I am pointing out with a grain of salt. Put yourself in anothers shoes so to speak... phewww what is that awful stench

Zhaoyun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

How much exp. do Priestesses get when they win in fairgrounds? I lose to them, even at level 12, and I'm curious how much they gain?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: