Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty: Heroes of Ardania
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Talespinner,

Has anyone else had bad luck with a Solarus? I have played this hero for 75 or so turns and she hasn't survived a single combat. Not even against a single Giant Rat. She has only wracked up a total of 36 XP in all this time. I had her buy some banded armor from the Blacksmith (all she could afford) and that didn't seem to help either. Could you tinker with the luck associated with Solarii or at least check it out to see if it needs any tweaking?

My Priestess gal is doing pretty well but I couldn't get her past level 2 either if you take the instant revive off all but level 1 heroes.

Thanks,

Goldy

Have you Equipped your Solarii's weapons and armor? You do this from the View Items section. Just click on the Item and Click 'Use'.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

ummm shouldnt the heroes start with a weapon and some armor if the character class has it

and umm for the priestess should she be spawning more skells out up to three like one every 3 turns sound kinda good and i think that the skells should have a greater change of being attacked than the preistess and also just wondering what ya have planned for control undead

oh yeah i was thinking for the soverign spells at least for the wizard's guild would be ya pay them to cast the spell on you once you get involved in a battle and then it would last x number of turns afterwords as for temples you should be able to go there and pray and give money kinda like in warriors and that would give or increase the chance for one of that temples spells to be cast

as for the enimies how bout smaller groups i was playing with a priestess and i fought a group of 6-8 monsters needless to say i died

[ 02 June 2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Golem XV ]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by TaleSpinner:

Have you Equipped your Solarii's weapons and armor? You do this from the View Items section. Just click on the Item and Click 'Use'.

Yes. She is equipped with Banded Armor and a simple Mace.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy what's your solarus' artifice?

Rogue Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:36 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

I second Goldy!

My Solarus is far below the majority of my other heroes, even though I have played her for two days longer!

Zhaoyun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

What does the amulet actually do? I know it's for teleport, but where to? or when do the heores use it? to flee?

Ct0fDiscord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:53 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

error 'ASP 0113'
Script timed out

/register.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeOut or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools

Eep!

Something isn't right about that. It came up right after I clicked the Create New Hero Button. That can't be good.

Hmm, after I tried it a few more times everything was just fine. Hope I don't run into more those.

[ 03 June 2002, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Ct0fDiscord ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:45 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

It's already been answered:

quote:
That VBScript error is caused by the server not responding within an allocated time limit. Really out of my control - it's something only the Server Administrator can fix. Anyway, if it consistantly happens to people, then I can bring it up with the S.A.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Great start of the game! Pretty much bug free and keeps to the heart of the game!

Question about when your turns = 0: Can a message be put up when you try to do something that costs a turn (such as gambling)? Right now it just goes back to the screen and it's not clear why; I knew because I was out of turns but someone else might not.

[ 03 June 2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Foldalake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
To Everyone: That Healing Potion stunt has been captured by me. Seriously, in this Beta version, it's really a waste of potions since you get revived automatically for free anyway in the next move, so you're really just wasting a potion.

No, it's not just wasting a potion. When you die from a monster you get no, or almost no XP, but if you survive you'll get more. I've had my elf now for a couple of days and the only monster I've been victorious to is a single rat. And only once... Sorry if I'm mistaken about this...

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

No, you still lose the encounter but at least you don't have to suffer the humiliation of being dragged from the dungeon and tossed on the resurrection cart to be taunted and laughed at, by all the other guild members as your lifeless body is hauled to the temple like yesterday's trash.

"What's the matter, did those mean old rats kill you again?" "Hey everyone make way for the great hero, Sir Dies-a-lot, Haw-ha!" "Did they teach you how to fight at the guild?" "You know your suppose to kill the monsters not the other way around!"

It's enough to make a grown hero cry.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

wavefront: LOL

Spiderman: Thanks. I thought a message pops up at the top of the screen telling you that you've got no more turns left?

Zhaoyun: The teleport amulet doesn't do anything right now. In fact, I need suggestions on what it can do in the future

Rogue Knight: Hmm.. I'll take a look at the Solarii - they should be as powerful as they are in the original game as they have the same stats. It's strange that they get beaten up so much. Maybe it's the dark interface of the game - not enought sunlight or something

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:51 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TaleSpinner:

Zhaoyun: The teleport amulet doesn't do anything right now. In fact, I need suggestions on what it can do in the future

If you are planning on having some portions of the map explorable why not have the amulet randomly transport you to some of the unexplored regions as it is in the original game?

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

How about this:
Since you can get around faster with the teleportation amulet, you can the user extra turns (2/hour) or actions in combat. Perhaps, instead of dying the user teleports to safety with on HP left.

Foldalake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 6:06 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by wavefront:
Perhaps, instead of dying the user teleports to safety with on HP left.

If only heroes were that smart in the real game...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: