Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Majesty: Heroes of Ardania
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:33 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Valmorgan is spelled different the in the Prima Guide. The game itself spells it with an "e." Somebody screwed up.

After playing a little bit more with the Wizard, I've come to the conclusion that Wizard's need to "level up" before facing any challenges in the real world. I got killed three times in the sewers: Ratmen, Giant Rat, and a Troll?

I'm not familiar with games like this (I know totally nothing), so this might sound like a stupid question: will there be any way to communicate with other heroes?

Couple other questions: what's the logbook for? Every time I look at it it's blank. Another one: is there any way to change your character without registering again?

Thanks.

Foldalake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Aaah, how can you do this to me? Now I can't chose wether to be an Elf, Adept or Ranger!

The Adept is my favourite in Majesty
Elves are my all time favourite in all other games
Ranger is my favourite class
Most preferable is an Elven Ranger

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Knight: Yeah, the Combat System can certainly be improved. I don't think I'll be revamping the combat system into a round-by-round system - firstly, this is a browser-based game and combat will take forever on some people's machines. Next, it gives too many loopholes. If someone wants to escape mid-combat, what stopping him from closing the browser window and re-logging in again?

Anyway, I've been playing around with some ideas on Combat Settings which you can define. Like to Flee if your HPs reach a certain level. Or to Use a Healing Potion when it goes below X HPs. This might be the next thing I address.

Zhaoyun: Yes, I think that XPs should be gained even though you lose the combat. Good suggestion - I'll see what can be done. Meanwhile, stay out of the lower levels - they're meant to be explored by higher level heroes. I strongly suggest putting on a Ring of Protection before you go exploring down there.

Archmage: Yes, the wizard really needs to gain some levels before he becomes affective. After that, he kicks a.. I mean, 'prods buttock' . I've played a Wizard to Level 5 and almost nothing could touch him after 2 rounds of combat

The logbook is mainly to check for attacks from anyone else. This mainly gets used when you join the Fairgrounds. I'm hoping to put in some sort of player communication here as well. (i.e. Send messages to each other). And no, there isn't a way to change your registration yet. I've put that as a lower priority task.

I'm currently working on the Warriors/Rangers/Rogues guilds which will benefit all heroes immensely - you will be able to Hire Followers from these guilds. As a wizard, you should look into hiring some followers who can take Melee damage for you while you rain energy blasts from behind.

Anyway, I've uploaded a few more buildings into the city.

New Stuff:

Temple to Fervus: WoDs, Priestesses and Cultists can rest here and heal their followers.

Temple to Krypta: Priestesses and Cultists can reanimate their followers here.

Gnome Hovel: You sell junk here. I'm planning to use this place like a flea market - literally.

Modifications:

There was a bug with the Cultist where an error occurs after some battles. This has been fixed.

The Marketplace doesn't allow you to sell junk anymore. That's for the Gnome Hovel.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:31 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

its just me but i dont think it should cost turns to move around the city unless there are random things that might happen like you ecounter a troll, giant rat ect... i do like the game TS thanks for taking the time to make it

The Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Talespinner. I started another character, Sturm Brightblade: Warrior. When I explored the sewers, I have a huge ammount of luck! I found a Solarii weapon (can't remember the name) and I was able to sell it for 600 gold! I bought a Ring of Protection with it. I also found an Axe, but that was for only 75 gold. I already had a Short Sword and Soft Leather Armor. So when I went to kick some sewer-butt, I got smashed by five Giant Rats. Oh, well. Sturm will live to fight another day.

I have an idea about communication. If it could be done, there could be an Elven Lounge created where players could talk about stategies and their heroic experiences. Just a thought. Keep the good work, Talespinner! We're all enjoying this game.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Being a good tester of games I have created yet another hero type "Jeb barrelmaker the Dwarf".

He is very good at advancement, He is up to level 3 now... however I have noticed a problem which I cannot determine if its class oriented or in the game overall. This is the first time I have noticed this.

I just disposed of another ratmen and had previously noted my experience at 100/1500, now after killing said ratman and supposedly gaining 300 xp's and 85 Gold it now shows my exp at 200/1500 so I have actually only received 100 exp not the 300 it said I received.

Now comparing the ease of advancing a dwarf to level 3 against the difficulty of getting a warrior to live through one encounter, something appears to be a bit unbalanced here>.

Overall the game is very fun, and once all the minor bugs and unforseen glitches have been ironed out, this will most definitely be a great game.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Golem: Thanks for your support - actually, you don't lose turns moving around the city at all - only when you Explore the sewers or when you Rest to gain HPs etc. Gambling will use up turns as well.

Archmage: Yeah, didn't check the price list of those weapons I strew about in the Lower Sewers - you can get 600 gold for selling weapons like Fine Steel Longswords or stuff like that. Ah well, I suppose it's all up to how lucky you are.

I was thinking of creating an Inn which acts something like a simple chatroom or a forum. I like forums, although a chatroom might be more appropriate.

Jakartiz: Well pointed out - and it's something that I've made a fix to already. XP advancement in this game is almost exactly like XP advancement in Majesty - everytime XPs get awarded to a hero, it is divided by the hero's XP Level before being added. So if you're a Level 3 Dwarf and you get awarded 300 XPs, then you get only (300/3) = 100 XPs on your character sheet.

Anyway, I've decided that people will be confused about this, so I'm now doing the division before I display it on the screen. So everything should reflect correctly now.

Okay, some new things:

Gain XPs - even when you lose. I've made it such that XPs will still get awarded eventhough you lose in combat. So if you killed 4 out of 5 ratmen just before Ratman#5 skewers you, you'll get the XPs for killing the first four. Also, I've made XPs gainable via weapon damage and spell casting, not just only for killing opponents. So people should be able to rake in more XPs from now on. Note that XPs gained are also divided with any followers you have - so it will be slower to gain XPs if you keep a large crowd of followers helping you out in Combat.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to TS for his beta release. I haven't tried it yet (been too busy .

The Archmage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by TaleSpinner:
I was thinking of creating an Inn which acts something like a simple chatroom or a forum. I like forums, although a chatroom might be more appropriate.

A chatroom would be nice, so then you could really carry a conversation. But forums do have their advantages...

Oh, and Wizards rule! I just "used" my staff and after I remember to "use" it, I started kicking some ratman butt! Then I ran out of turns and had to stop.

bladeles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

That's fantastic work, TS. Thanks for doing it just for the love of the game.

Rogue Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Anyway, I've been playing around with some ideas on Combat Settings which you can define. Like to Flee if your HPs reach a certain level. Or to Use a Healing Potion when it goes below X HPs. This might be the next thing I address.

Sounds great!! Those GP I spent on the potions were very frustrating waste of cash as it was...

quote:
I'm currently working on the Warriors/Rangers/Rogues guilds which will benefit all heroes immensely - you will be able to Hire Followers from these guilds. As a wizard, you should look into hiring some followers who can take Melee damage for you while you rain energy blasts from behind.

Yay! I was JUST about to address that point! Sounds brilliant... I am just dying for some additional firepower, and furthermore I suspected that the Healer class would be next to useless without followers of some kind...

quote:
Temple to Fervus: WoDs, Priestesses and Cultists can rest here and heal their followers.

And players can get a solid laugh...

Additionally, I will be mailing you within the next days. I have a question though... Is it allowed/possible to create more than one character (for the beta at least), since there is several other classes I'd like to try out, but I intend to play Emdra up in level to see what happens...

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Talespinner,

Thank you! Thank you! for all your hard work. I am having loads of fun so far. I tried out a Solarus first and she kept getting killed by Single Ratmen. I switched to a Priestess and she has been doing well and leveling up.

Looking forward to when the outside world is not full of VBscript errors .

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

I used the 8 or so turns I got since this morning. Got lucky and found another Hammer, and was attacked by two Giant Rats. This time I managed to deal 1 damage to one of them, gaining 1 XP. Only 749 XP to go till level 2!

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I get it! You actually have to 'use' your weapon to use it. It's all so clear now!

Starsinmyeyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Majesty: Heroes of Ardania Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Cow:
Hey, I get it! You actually have to 'use' your weapon to use it. It's all so clear now!

Umm is that case how do you 'use' it?? I'm dyin here!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: