Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Want to recruit high level heroes???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daboyz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. I'm reasonably certain this is a bug with NE, but I thought I'd relate this amusing tale in case you can use it in MP.

So, my wife was playing the Seige and toasted the Warriors guild with 2 warriors still alive. While they continued to fight, she built an Outpost on the spot where the Warriors guild was.

One of the Warriors started to run to the palace to leave Ardania while the other continued to fight. By the time he got to the opponents castle, both he and the other warrior were now attached to my Outpost.

So, Jay. Bug or by design?

And has anyone else has seen this either in the Seige, Freestlye or in MP?

Colin

Tiger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Yep I've heard of this happening in multiplayer in the past. you can also do this in quest for the magic ring.

Korben

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:34 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

This behaviour is by design,
I've used it many times.

In some quest I build Outpost first,
and then get rid of some guilds and keep
6 heroes of them alive because they have new home at Outpost.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:03 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

But it seems kind of odd for your enemies heros to attach themselves to your Outpost. I've never seen it...

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, this is a great one...when I completed Scions of Chaos, get ready, I resurrected the WoD, and he showed up as one of my heroes and got attached to my Outpost.

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Paladin Lisa D'angler:
Ok, this is a great one...when I completed Scions of Chaos, get ready, I resurrected the WoD, and he showed up as one of my heroes and got attached to my Outpost.

You're absolutely kidding!!

I've got to try this! Maybe I'll resurrect the first Priestess and maybe she'll join my Guild!

wavefront

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:08 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
But it seems kind of odd for your enemies heros to attach themselves to your Outpost. I've never seen it...

I seem to remember reading about this someplace...

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 9:56 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

You might be right, it's been a while since anyone talked about NE and its little quirks...

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I replayed Scions and after defeating the Priestess, I Reanimated her hoping that she'll join my Outpost as one of my heroes.

No such luck She started blasting away at my peasants and reanimating Skeletons, and then the Cultist and his band of merry monsters shows up. So I had TWO Scions to deal with in one go

I think that in this case, the bug only kicks in AFTER the mission has been completed - ie. you select 'Continue Playing' and then reanimate the enemy hero. I've not tried that yet, but it's worth a shot.

If that's the case, then there's an interesting way to make this an extremely tough mission - try getting all 3 Scions to join your side after the mission has completed. What this means is that you have to ressurect all 3 of them after the mission ends - which implies that you're going to make sure that their gravestones stick around on the map till the very end. Which means that you'll end up ressurecting the Priestess and killing her again just to keep her gravestone from dissappearing...

Interesting - I'll try this one again..

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

Korben is correct the Outpost behavior is by design. Not a bug.

As far as enemy heroes attaching to your empty Guild spots this too is by design and has always been there. You can duplicate this in either Quest play or MP games. Play Deal with a Demon (the one in which you have to earn 100K to win) and build a Rogues' Guild without recruiting. Locate the enemy Rogues' Guilds and attach 100G flags to them. The enemy Rogues will destroy their own Guild then join your empty Guild.

As for MP games.....The most heartbreaking loss is to train a Wizard to about level 10 or so with Meteor Storm then have Kit come along and destroy your Wizard's Guild with a crime wave while the Wizard is busy gambling or something. The Wizard immediately takes up residence in Kit's Wizard Guild. Your own Wizard finishes off your kingdom singlehandedly when he gets done visiting the Elven Lounge.

Heroes will leave Ardania when their Guild is destroyed unless you can get a new Guild or Outpost built before they leave. This works with almost all hero types except Healers who leave faster than you can spit. You pretty much have to have the empty Guild up before the first Agrela goes down for them.

It is easier to save WoD's, Paladins, and Warrior's from leaving because they will continue to fight their battles before leaving giving you more time to replace the Guild.

Paladins and Adepts will choose to sulk in a nearby Inn (even your enemy's Inn) rather than immediately leaving Ardania. I have had no trouble replacing the Lunord Temple in time. However, you have to lightning bolt the Inn to get the Adepts to come back outside to realize they have a new home.

Goldy

P.S. About Scions of Discourse. I am believe that the enemy Scions will not join your Outpost because Cyberlore programmed that behavior for that specific Quest.

Cyberlore programs specific Quests to violate the normal rules. For instance, Daemonwood cannot be charmed but in Day of Reckoning special Daemonwoods come pre-charmed with the Fervus Temple.

Cyberlore also programmed reinforcement heroes to not automatically join empty Guild/Outpost spots when they arrive in your kingdom. An example of this is in the Quest Free the Slaves. Each time a pit is destroyed heroes are freed from the pit and join your kingdom. They are programmed to stay around even though you don't have a Guild available. The same behavior is true if you use the reinforcements option in free-style or MP games. The only way they can get the re-inforcements to hang around is for them to have the special behavior of not requiring a Guild. To get reinforcement type heroes to join your Guild or Outpost the building has to be built after they have come to town not before.

[ 22 March 2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Wavefront,

Huh?

I have no answers to any of those questions. Seems you know a lot more about those topics.

I know about the reinforcement and Outpost behaviors because I played around with them when MajX first came out and in fact asked some of those same questions of Jay. He is the one who clued me in about reinforcements.

I have never even thought of some of the questions you just asked me. Let me know when you find out.

Goldy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
wavefront

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy,
You seem to know a lot about the programming in Maj. X.
I have a couple of questions for you.

1. The lairs in the original majesty had difficulty levels from 1 - 12. I assume that this is the case for Maj. X as well. Do you happen to know what those are for the new lairs in Maj. X? For example Ice Caves, Ancient Graveyard, Broken Sewer Main. Also how about the Quest specific Lairs? The Towers in Spires of Death seem to actually attract my Barbarians and I often have to Change of Heart them because I'm not ready for all heck to break loose yet.
2. This is kind of related to the 1st question. When a lair is destroyed the nearby heroes have a small chance of getting an item upgrade. This seems to fall into one of 4 categories: armor, weapons, armor enchantment or weapon enchantment. This chance is somehow related to (modified by) the difficulty factor of the lair in question. Are there other factors involved too?
A rogue, cultist, or can steal an item upgrade from a monster lair. The hero's chance of success is random number from 1-50 vs. Artifice then 5% chance per difficulty level of the lair for weapons and a 4% chance/level for armor. Is artifice a factor as well when the lair is destroyed? Also, is the upgrade chance (5%/weapon and 4%/armor) actually computed during game set for each lair or is it determined at the time of looting/destruction? -- So if one was to save a game before any lairs were discovered, one would receive the same items from a lair when it was destroyed/looted in the saved game?

Any information you could provide would be most helpful.

wavefront

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Wavefront,

Huh?

... and in fact asked some of those same questions of Jay. He is the one who clued me in about reinforcements.

I have never even thought of some of the questions you just asked me. Let me know when you find out.

Goldy

OK,
(clears throat)Ahem... Ahem... Testing 1, 2, 3...

Jay,
  • What are the difficulity factors for the new lair types in MajX ?
  • How are armor/weapon upgrades computed when a monster lair is destroyed?
Thank you.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

Goldy: I guess I'll just chalk it up to heros becoming "neutral" when their Guild is destroyed and are eager to join ANY new Guild, no matter who builds it.

Do you know if this works in The Siege?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:35 am    Post subject: Want to recruit high level heroes??? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
...Do you know if this works in The Siege?

Well... If you note. The Seige is what prompted Daboyz to start the thread. I can't say I have actually witnessed it in game play. My Warrior's Guilds might have been full up when I destroyed the opposing Guild or I may not have been paying attention. I have no reason to believe that "homeless hero" behavior differs for that quest.

Goldy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> General Majesty Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: