Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Why do Solari get the small hammer?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Plain and simple, Solari are completley inferior to Adepts. But WHY? I mean, the Adept arn't as good as Solari at attacking powerful monsters in their first levels, they usually patrol and beat up rats to gain experiance. But in the later levels, the Adepts whup the Solari. The Adepts flee when they still have about 10 HP, while the Solari waits untill she has 2-5 HP to flee, and still usually dies. Sure, they get Fire Hammer, or whatever it's called, at such a low duck to their speed. But the reason they don't get much taken away, is that there isn't much TO take away. The Adept gets a huge stat duck for the double strike, but it still comes in handy more than the Solari's spell. I have only seen a Solari use their spell ONCE! ONCE! I've played a lot of NE games with Solari, but not anymore. They usually garison guardhouses all the time, and if they don't, they go up against a Daemonwood at levels 1-5 and get killed. So, can someone explain this to me? Tiger? Spiderman? Xetu? Golem?

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to oblidge Willy!
Y'see you already said in my thread about the Ranger vs fairgrounds that you see strange things happen. And dude, if you've only seen a Solari use its fire hammer spell ONCE in playing many games while using solari in NE then you are breaking some kind of statistical probabilities here.
Y'see, from the very release of the Northern Expansion, everyone commented on how POWERFUL the solari had become and how weak the adepts had become. Not that people complained much about the extra punch the already butt kicking Solari got but it was just confusing why the adepts got such a "stat dock" for their couple minor improvements. I know you'll disagree about them being minor improvements but the consensus has always been that adepts are still inferior to solari and the adepts were waaaaay under balanced. Its been my experience that if you want pure muscle AND firepower in your town, ya need to hire Solari. The fact your solari all hang out in gaurdhouses and dont level up could be for a few reasons:
1. You have poor placement of guardhouses so they're behind the front lines where they can protect things and put your solari more in the line of fire.
2. you have too many guardhouses thus your solari get spread out too much to be where any action is occurring while "garrisoning"
3. You don't build fairgrounds. Solari are a frequent visitor to fairgrounds unless they're ranged tournaments.
4. ???? My theory that you're breaking the statistical probablity thingy.
Will, I kid you not I have found Solari to be THE heroes to beat in this game. When they get into high levels and fully equiped, I've had one take on 3 dragons singlehandedly and win. She was like in her mid to upper teens though. But I'm telling ya, play and experiment a little more with those solari and you might just see for yourself how small their hammers ARE NOT!

[ 09. November 2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Don't call me Willy.

1.My guardhouses were right in front of goblin camps

2.see 1

3.Solari NEED fairgrounds? Adepts don't need fairgrounds! They may take a while, and not do much before their 7th birthday, but they don't NEED fairgrounds to level up!

4. Mabey, but I doubt it.

Well, I am suprised that you havn't found Adepts much more manageable. Thay don't need constant healing like Solari, and their special ability is used much more often. They also die much less often, and pit themselves against monsters that they actually have a 40% or more chance of winning, unlike Solari who go against Rock Golems at level 2. I think that there are some reasons that you aren't liking Adepts, also.

1. Your not very patient. They need some time to level up, unlike Solari.
2. You don't put the Temples in stratigec points. Usually by the time you get to the point where you can build a Temple to Lunord, you know about where most of the attacks on your settlement are coming from. You ought to put your first temple directly in that line of attack. Your next ones should be near sewers, graveyards, broken sewer mains, ancient graveyards, and other commen and somewhat powerful lairs.
3. Technical difficulties.
4. You foucus your one-player games around training for your multiplayer games. You usually use Solari in multiplayer because you attack, attack, attack. Not much defense, and Adepts and their spells are naturally defensive.
5. Your aggresive by nature. Like above, Adepts are defensive, not aggresive. They ought to be used in long-term games, not short ones like multiplayer.

[ 09. November 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Will the Spellcaster ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:13 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

I've haven't played in a while but I've always found the Solari to be my choice of the level 3 Palace, if not superior. Especially with NE and their area attack. But I've found more often than not that the Solari are more effective at seeking out monsters and lairs and thus getting the quest done. I know that's their activity, but I prefer it more to the Adepts patrolling; I usually have lots of heros doing various things in my town so I don't need a specific hero geared towards Patrolling.

Solari also might need the occasional Heal (I usually am with Agrela by this time) but they and the other heros that eventually flock to their battles can usually take care of the monsters.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Not in my experiance. They died MUCH more than Adepts. And if you do the occasional Gate, you need someone to stay and protect home while everyone's gone. Most of the time the Adepts will run back to town to patrol instead of staying, unless they are attacked by somethingwhen they Gate in.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, I usually don't have a problem even after I Gate because I either have Guardhouses up and not all heros are caught in the Gate.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's my rebuttal to your rebuttal to my rebuttal... i think

1. I try to be patient, or at least have been told that I'm patient...

2. Yes I do put temples in strategic spots in town where attacks frequently occur. I practically invented that tactic with Wizard guilds

3. um nope, only the ones built into the game

4. No I haven't played a multiplayer majesty game in a long time and even when i did my games were infrequent and my singleplayer strategies usually wound up getting me destroyed in no time
5. Last and not least, wrong again. I love playin defensively, too much so. I love seeing wave upon wave of enemies fly up against my walls and then fall before me.. which is why I like Solari better. They make that happen like no other

I can make adepts successful too but it just takes a bit more effort to get them to higher levels than solari. I agree Solari mortalilty rates can be higher than adepts but thats mostly because adepts flee while the solari more likely stand their ground. And if you've got agreala to heal and revive them your kingdom's in good shape.
Also if you've got an upgraded blacksmith that also helps improve solari survival chances too in the long run.

M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Forget it!

Adepts are EXACTLY AS GOOD AS solarii.

Building enough guardhouses, in the right places, is key for either.

Will the Spellcaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Ughh!
Here's my rebuttal to your rebuttal to my rebuttal to your rebuttal.

Okay, so you might be defensive. It's just that most defensive people like Adepts better than Solari. Yes, Adepts flee more than Solari. But, Solari die MUCH MORE than Adepts. Adepts flee because they know they can't survive against things like Trolls and Dragons at levels 1-5. Solari start to flee with 1-3 HP left, and get killed by one final blow. THAT's why I don't use Solari.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

You don't like to intervene with some sovereign spells?

Tiger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

I do! I dare say a solari with blessing and iron skin of equal level to an adept with iron skin, blessing AND vigilence would easily beat said adept. Those firespells would eventually wear him out.

M

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

That's as May be but the battle will always be within range of the wizard spells of the adept's sovereign!

Krypta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

I find solari much better fighters then adepts and sometimes it si good thing to have a suacidal fighter. Like when a troll attacks a marketplace in the beginning and everyone else flees. A solari might evan win. However I like the adepts ability to patrol the city so you always have that las defence if everyone els is out hunting.
I believe they are roughly equal.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

The Solarii have the advantage. They deal higher physical and magical damage than Adepts, which are onyl good at evading physical atacks, have lower hit poitns to compensate, and deal rather lower physical and magical damage. They both have low magic resistance, so the solarii's higher hit points give them the edge there. This is a dead horse. Steven of Nine would be happy to give you the run down, I'm sure, if he's still around. I haven't played multiplayer ina while.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Why do Solari get the small hammer? Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, yes, I forgot to add. Solarii have lower experience requirements and hence level faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: