Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

hero Groups
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterthepizza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Hi
Two quick questions
1)What do you think is best group of three heroes in a fight? eg.Wizard, Warrior and a Healer
2) And The worst?
Mine are 1) Wizard, Elf and Preistess and 2) Monk, Rouge and Dwarf
Please give your resons
Thanx
Bane

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:58 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

What are your reasons?

Alfryd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Monks and wizards would be wonderful together if the wizards paid more attention to monsters that werene't threatening the monks, but him.

M

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

It really does depend on what they're fighting against! Besides, soMe heroes cost More than others so it seeMs that three paladins would fight better than three gnoMes. You could, however, have a question like this:

You want to purchase a fighting band of heroes. You have 3000 gold. What heroes do you recruit?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards do follow and support Monks but not sure if they're attacked, they'll switch their attacks from the first monster to the one who's attacking them. Most likely they turn and flee

Alfryd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

quote:

You want to purchase a fighting band of heroes. You have 3000 gold. What heroes do you recruit?

If I neglect the cost of the guilds, I'd go with 2 monks, 2 solarii, a wizard, and a priestess.
If we disallow conflicting faiths, then three rogues instead of the last two.
If I include the cost of the guilds, I'd probably stick with one guild and fill 'er up, unless it's the rogues' own. Then I might toss in another guild or some rangers.
But I'd probably go with Krypta, if my gold supply is so short. 3 priestesses and a wither or two, I think, could hold their own.

quote:

Wizards do follow and support Monks but not sure if they're attacked, they'll switch their attacks from the first monster to the one who's attacking them. Most likely they turn and flee.

That's what I mean. Their decision tree should be consulted every time a monster enters their field of vision, not on the verge of disemboweling. I like training monks but I simply can't keep my wizards alive when I do. Besides, they distract my healers, who should be paying attention to the warriors.

[ 16. July 2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

You must be having a horde of monsters coming at you all the time because usually the Monk meets them first and soaks up the damage. And Monks don't usually travel afar except when they get high-level, so they shouldn't have a problem. So the Wizards should be able to sit back and blast away.

I'd highly recommend Invisibility on the Wizards otherwise. If you don't have enough money, you're probably recruiting too fast or don't have your economy under control yet.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

I usually play with a fair amount of monsters since that's an easier way to train monks. So they do level fast and wander and the wizard's flank is exposed- also when assaulting an enemy base. High level wizards are better off operating solo, since they won't flee in terror half as much. At any rate, it's irritating. Healers would be better partners for almost anyone other than wizards since these have such ridiculously low hit points that in the unlikely event they survive a physical blow they'll chug a potion immediately. Either way, the healer doesn't often get to heal.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

If you're playing freestyle and training Monks, either play with Daemonwoods and put their Guild near them or put a Fairground in

peterthepizza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Let me re-define my quest .
It is who is your FAVOURITe group of THREE Heroes fight a WAVE of monsters?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Any wave or a certain type of monster wave?

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
If you're playing freestyle and training Monks, either play with Daemonwoods and put their Guild near them or put a Fairground in

Uh...hmm... Spidey, it just slipped your mind that Monks don't visit the fairgrounds, right?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I usually don't play with the Fairgrounds in my quests...

M

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

Favorite? That's an entirely different question!

Mine is: WoD, Healer, Priestess.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: hero Groups Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
Favorite? That's an entirely different question!

Mine is: WoD, Healer, Priestess.

Have you ever seen these three in a group in-game?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: