Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Heroes and libraries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterthepizza

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Heroes and libraries Reply with quote Back to top

Got a few questions
1)Can a hero that's not a wizard, with high enough intelligence learn a spell from the Library? e.g. A priestestess using meteor storm

2)Is it a bug or is it a programming error when two heroes kill each other when they both have reward flags on them and their both on the same side and they're the same kind of hero?

Just wondering
Bane

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Heroes and libraries Reply with quote Back to top

1. The only spells a non-Wizard can learn from the Library if they have high enough INT is Power Shock and FlameShield. But for a lot of them, going to the library is far down on their decision tree; they have to be really "bored" (no flags or need to do anything else) to go.

2. I think it depends what heros they are. Rogues will attack anything because they have low loyalty and will go for any attack flag.

peterthepizza

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Heroes and libraries Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Spidey,
And by the way it was two elves shooting each other in Elven Treachery
Bane

Lord_Duriel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only non-Wizard hero I can seem to get to learn Power Shock and Fire Shield are Priestesses. They usually go to the Library between lvl 8 and 12, and they use the spells. But, that's it. Paladins get points on their INT, and so do Healers, but I've never seen either of them learn Power Shock or Fire Shield. Is there any point in researching these two spells if I don't have Priestesses? Thanks.

M

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Healers and Paladins don't get the spells, but Priestesses, Elves, Rangers, Rogues, and Monks do.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to recall that all non-wizard hero classes can learn these library spells (provided they have intelligence 8+,) but monks, priestess and elves are the most likely to visit. I've certainly seen solarii and rangers learn them. For most classes the odds are very low.

M

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alfryd wrote:
I seem to recall that all non-wizard hero classes can learn these library spells (provided they have intelligence 8+,) but monks, priestess and elves are the most likely to visit. I've certainly seen solarii and rangers learn them. For most classes the odds are very low.

Paladins never do. Now that I think about it, I think all other classes do. (They need that intelligence, of course. Even a WoD can learn them with enough intelligence.)

Spiderman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like I said from last year Smile, there pretty much has to be nothing going on for some heros to visit the library (and it pretty much should be the sole building).

Krypta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So having nineteen libraries would give heros of 1 intelligence 13 so that even barbs could learn spells?

I might just try that. :mrgreen:

:edit: For some reason my post was above xraxx but i was replying to him? :?

:edit2: This happened on page 3 of summer reading so people can view my message.
Why are my posts being moved. Crying or Very sad
3-Command & Conquer: Generals

XxaxX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I once played a game with at least 6 fully upgraded libraries and here is my analasyse:
-Dwarves and Warriors CAN learn spells! Shocked
-the minimum intelligence required for learning spells is 13+ Confused
-any hero can train resistence, but only wizards can train intelligence
-the first library upgrades intell. by 3+
-each consecutive library upgrades intell. by 0.5+ (two = 1+)
these were all based on that one game wich ran for at least 90 days (in the game)
Feedback apreciated Rolling Eyes

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the Prima Stragegy Guide:
"Automaticlly increases the Intelligence by 1 of all heroes recruited after its construction (twice as many libraries needed for each additional boost)"
Don't forget that heroes have a range of possible starting stats from 2 below the 'normal' value to 3 above it.

XxaxX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

XxaxX wrote:
I once played a game with at least 6 fully upgraded libraries and here is my analasyse:
-Dwarves and Warriors CAN learn spells! Shocked
-the minimum intelligence required for learning spells is 13+ Confused
-any hero can train resistence, but only wizards can train intelligence
-the first library upgrades intell. by 3+
-each consecutive library upgrades intell. by 0.5+ (two = 1+)
these were all based on that one game wich ran for at least 90 days (in the game)
Feedback apreciated Rolling Eyes

i just finished playing a freestyle game where i build 150 fully upgraded libraries here are the stats:
-the first library does give intell. 3+
-but each consecutive library is not 0.5, it is 0.1
hero intelligence, at the beginning (average)
Warrior= 8
Barb= 4
WoD= 2
Dwarf= 9
hero intelligence at the end, (average)
Warrior= 18
Barb= 12
WoD= 11 Shocked
Dwarf= 20

again feedback apreciated Rolling Eyes

wavefront

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well like I said before each additional point requires double the number of libraries.

+1 = 1
+2 = 3 (1+2)
+3 = 7 (1+2+4)
+4 = 15 (1+2+4+8)
+5 = 31 (1+2+4+8+16)
+6 = 63 (1+2+4+8+16+32)
+7 = 127 (1+2+4+8+16+32+64)
+n = (2^n)-1

XxaxX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that calculation makes perfect sense; because the WoD had an intelligence of 4 and when i finished the WoD had 11

XxaxX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: The Learning of the Spells Reply with quote Back to top

I have just finished playing another freestyle game with libraries, only this time I FILLED THE WHOLE FREAKIN MAP FULL OF THEM!!!!!

And i can say with absolute proof the the Barbarian and Warrior of Discord CAN (i repeat CAN!!!) Learn spells if their intelligence is high enough!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: