Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Elves vs. Dwarves
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diablo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

This has been a very difficult issue for me. What do you guys usually choose? Elven Bungalows give an increase in Marketplace income, also, Elves are quick footed and respond to reward flags quickly. Dwarves have a lot more Hit Points. They can build, they're immune to Petrify spell and when dwarves are introduced, so are Ballista Towers. How would you sort this out? (No cheats)

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

I usually go Elves for the money bonus (I play Single Player) and get an Outpost and Embassy and if I recruit dwarves, that's a bonus.

If I need the Ballista Towers, I try to go Elves first for the money and build two Marketplaces to offset the Elven loss when I destroy the Guild.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

Elves, Elves, Elves.

You can always have the benefits of both. Build the Dwarven settlement, place your ballista towers (usually 2, more are too expensive) then destroy the Settlement and build a bungalow.

The benefits of a Settlement are offset in MP when heroes get to be lvl 8 or so. Most lvl 8 heroes can take down a Dwarven settlement all alone. Its main value is early, when simply firing at enemies makes them run away.

Settlements are useless against skeletons or opponents who use Krypta. One skeleton, with a dodge of 88, can tie up a settlement or ballista tower.

Elven money bonuses don't go away.

Decorn1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

I usually use dwarves. In multiplayer, you need two marketplaces to handle the cost, but it's worth it. They're fast builders and good explorers, a lot more sturdy then rouges but with a similiar artiface rating.

M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

I like Dwarves better, but I use Elves a lot because their bonuses are autoMatic. With Dwarves, you have to place ballista towers, but with Elves, you don't have to place Marketplace incoMe!

Diablo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

What about the fact that Elven Bungalows only support two elves? And those useless Elven Lounges that keep springing up everywhere? And those not-as-useless Gambling Halls? The latter two will attract heroes with low will power to waste time and money (like Wizards, Rogues and Priestesses)... I once tried taking an Elven Lounge off the repair route and using multiple lightning strikes to destroy it. It was burned down, but another appeared elsewhere.

The Red Panda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo:
.... I once tried taking an Elven Lounge off the repair route and using multiple lightning strikes to destroy it. It was burned down, but another appeared elsewhere.

Well....If you don't have a tree the Elven Lounge is the next best place for R&R. In order to populate your kingdom with as many of these lovely little blue roofs as you can just keep building additional Elven Bungalows. You receive a pretty little lounge for each Bungalow you build. However, if there are plenty of trees who needs more than one lounge?

- The Red Panda

Decorn1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

When was the last time you tried dwarves in multiplayer, anyway? They (excuse the lack of further info) rock! I've had my opponent lose paladins and solari to them, with my dwarves repairing the towers.

Cooker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

paladin shouldn't die to towers
they can be called back.

smeagol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

In all of my online games, I probably started with Elves about 40% of the time and started with Dwarves 10% of the time.

I think Elves are far superior to Dwarves.

I cannot ever remember losing any 2 player online game to someone else that used Dwarves, partly because not that many online players use Dwarves.

In my opinion, I think BOTH Gnomes and Elves are much better than Dwarves.

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Diablo:
What about the fact that Elven Bungalows only support two elves? And those useless Elven Lounges that keep springing up everywhere? And those not-as-useless Gambling Halls? The latter two will attract heroes with low will power to waste time and money (like Wizards, Rogues and Priestesses)... I once tried taking an Elven Lounge off the repair route and using multiple lightning strikes to destroy it. It was burned down, but another appeared elsewhere.

You usually don't get the Bungalows for the Elves, just the money bonus.

if you're using Rogues, just flag the buildings for 100 and they'll take care of it. Only one Elven Lounge appears for each Bungalow, so if another popped up, you must have placed another Bungalow (it takes a bit of time for them to show up from the time of completion of the Bungalow).

Decorn1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, but dwarves can throw their own weight around.

Cooker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

elf all the way except the spires and wrath, you can't win these too without dwarves.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Merlin the Black:
elf all the way except the spires and wrath, you can't win these too without dwarves.

Uh...Cooker.... I can

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Venstar Trailblazer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Elves vs. Dwarves Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this isn't cheating, but, first use the elves, but only have six. Then, build an outpost, and you should have a levle 2 wizards guild. After you do this, destroy your elven bongoloes(I think that is how it's splet, I'm not a good speller) with lightning bolts. Once this has happened, the elves will move into the outpost. Now you are free to build a Dwarven settlement. So now you have both elves and dwarves! I did not mention this, I think dwarves are a lot better because of the large HP and the Ballista Towers. In the way I just showed you, both people win, if you like elves you win, if you like dwarves you win, too!

[ 12. June 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Galen Frese ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: