Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
sunsoar

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

When near guardhouses, Adepts will hardly ever flee in terror. This seems to be a confusing factor, and it may be that the guardhouse-users are supporting Adepts without seeing anything wrong with them, whereas Adepts are fairly useless in a city with no guardhouses. However, Solarii will garrison them for experience. Either way, guardhouses will benefit your Palace lvl 3 heroes.

M

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Paladin Lisa D'angler:
PALADINS AND MONKS ROCK AND THERE'S NO DENYIN' IT!!!!!

I DENY IT!! Have you ever seen a Monk, or a paladin, or any other hero for that Matter, actually 'rock' in any gaMe?!?!? The only thing that rocks is a ROCK GOLEM and I WILL NOT TOLERATE DENIAL!!!!!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Well if they aren't "rock"ing maybe they are "roll"ing. Maybe they are just plain indestructible.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh, I remember I unwittingly started possibly the funniest kudos postings in forum history with this post. "Why do Cultists get the short end of the stick?" "Why do rogues get the short end of the stick?" "Why do peasants and hellbears and dragons get the short end of the stick?"
Dang I'm a big target for being mocked

M

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:

Well if they aren't "rock"ing maybe they are "roll"ing. Maybe they are just plain indestructible.

Look at the picture. The only rocks in the picture are the ones in the bottoM right corner. The Monks don't seeM to be rolling either. In fact, the hero who rocks Most is the warrior because they have rock-ish arMor. In fact, warriors are the best hero there is because they level up fast and can be Called to ArMs so that they keep their levels.

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
Maybe they are just plain indestructible.

Theey ARE just plain indestructible*, but so what. They are wasting their tiMe killing a werewolf and even if they stop now they will not be back at your knigdoM quick enough to save you froM the ten rock goleMs attacking your palace.

WARRIORS AND ROCK GOLEMS ROCK AND THERE'S NO DENYIN' IT!!!
*In Majesty, "Indestructible" Means "Indestructible except by extreMe force." For exaMple, a level 500 WoD could kill all your Monks.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Stoneskin is very "rock"ish
Wendigo
There are no rock golems
There is no palace
There are no WoD's because there are no loyalty structures and I just stuck 1000 gold attack flag on your Outpost. Ah-ha!

http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000180
http://www.cyberlore.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000305

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Monks are very slow, this is what vigilance remedies. They tie up your opponent's strike force while you call in the heavy artillery of your choice.

"In fact, the hero who rocks Most is the warrior because they have rock-ish arMor. In fact, warriors are the best hero there is because they level up fast and can be Called to ArMs so that they keep their levels."

If you have infinite gold, infinite patience, and an opponent with a room temperature IQ. Using call to arms too often inevitably puts you on the defensive and that is a losing strategy. A warrior will need to get to level 20 before his combat stats match a first level paladin's, his speed, intelligence, armour and damage are nuffink by comparison, and all the bonus hit points in the world will not matter versus a critical strike. Back them with healers, now, and maybe you're on to something.

"*In Majesty, "Indestructible" Means "Indestructible except by extreMe force." For exaMple, a level 500 WoD could kill all your Monks."
Depends on the monks. If they're over level 26 then they also have perfect dodge and parry and higher odds of critical strike than you. It's only a matter of time.
Dauros' Monkflakes! They're crrrrrritical!

Paladins are superior to monks before level 7. After that, it's the other way round.
Hoi-yupp *crack-boom* 'Evil has won...' (turns)
Hoi-yupp *crack-boom* 'Evil has won...' (turns)
'...Darkness has won the day...'
Sweeter than words.

[ 31. May 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Alfryd, disciple of Krolm.:
[QB]'...Darkness has won the day...'
QB]

I've never heard a paladin "speak" this? Is it really a line you've heard from them?

Cooker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:28 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
quote:
[QB]'...Darkness has won the day...'
QB]

I've never heard a paladin "speak" this? Is it really a line you've heard from them?
"Darkness has won the day"
is the feeling line of the solarii

By the way, monk and paladin will not be able to defeat wizards if the battle take place in the magic domain of target wizard, since invisibilty would prevent a single damage from being done to the wizard ...

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. Enemy solarus strolls along, takes one look at the monk, and makes a well-informed career move.

Invisibility can make any hero temporarily invulnerable. It doesn't grow on trees.

[ 01. June 2003, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
"In fact, the hero who rocks Most is the warrior because they have rock-ish arMor. In fact, warriors are the best hero there is because they level up fast and can be Called to ArMs so that they keep their levels."

If you have infinite gold, infinite patience, and an opponent with a room temperature IQ. Using call to arms too often inevitably puts you on the defensive and that is a losing strategy.

What?!?! That's not a losing strategy, just a not-winning strategy. You Call the warriors to save theM so they get to level 20! Then build an arMy of Solarii and charge (since you have infinite gold!)

quote:
A warrior will need to get to level 20 before his combat stats match a first level paladin's, his speed, intelligence, armour and damage are nuffink by comparison, and all the bonus hit points in the world will not matter versus a critical strike. Back them with healers, now, and maybe you're on to something.
PALADIN?!?! You're coMparing warriors with paladins?!?! Paladins are better, yes, but you have to buy that betterness with a level two palace, a TeMple to Dauros, and More than twice as Much gold! Three level one warriors can kill a level one paladin, which only Means that you can get what you pay for!

quote:
"*In Majesty, "Indestructible" Means "Indestructible except by extreMe force." For exaMple, a level 500 WoD could kill all your Monks."
Depends on the monks. If they're over level 26 then they also have perfect dodge and parry and higher odds of critical strike than you. It's only a matter of time.
Dauros' Monkflakes! They're crrrrrritical!

First: The Monks are around level 16.
Second: WoDs and Monks aren't killed by crit hit, they just get hurt.
Third: The WoD fould have perfect Dodge and Parry skills too!
Fourth: The WoD would flee because of injuries, because of a bug in Majesty.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
What?!?! That's not a losing strategy, just a not-winning strategy. You Call the warriors to save theM so they get to level 20! Then build an arMy of Solarii and charge (since you have infinite gold!)

They're not going to reach level 20 when you have to haul 3 of them out of battle to save the one, who then spends a day or so sleeping off his injuries, or shows some suicidal stupidity by treking off to battle evil in his current condition and requires you to pull the same stunt over again.
In the meantime, my highly survivable paladins are perhaps half your level, but I never had to lift a finger to save their fine behinds.
If you have infinite gold, the way to go is a level 3 wizards guild, towers every six feet, and lightning storm to your heart's content.

quote:
PALADIN?!?! You're coMparing warriors with paladins?!?! Paladins are better, yes, but you have to buy that betterness with a level two palace, a TeMple to Dauros, and More than twice as Much gold! Three level one warriors can kill a level one paladin, which only Means that you can get what you pay for!
Yes, but 3 versus 3 hands it to the paladins every time, and you're dishing out the moolah on resurrections, if you're on the offensive, or CtA, on the defense, in which case I'm already leveling your inns. That adds up. Paladins are smart enough to know when to run and use potions in a timely fashion. Dauros/Agrela offer great guild spells, a paladin with blessing and stoneskin will just chew through warriors of the same level- the reverse does not apply. Weight of numbers will not serve you well since guilds increase exponentially in cost. And aren't you going to need a level 2- oops, 3 palace for that solarii army you mentioned? Plus the temple? Is there something I should know here?

"First: The Monks are around level 16."
I thought we were talking about hypothetical situations, what with infinite gold and solarii without a second level palace, or temple, and all.
"Second: WoDs and Monks aren't killed by crit hit, they just get hurt."
Badly. And they outnumber you 4 to 1. That's more than 4 times the critical hits. I suppose his sheer bulk might let him take the pain, but bear in mind those monks are levelling up with every blow. Could be a close call as the gap narrows. Might be an interesting experiment. But what the hell, I'll upgrade the monks to level 125 each by placing 2 million reward flags on eachother's heads to induce them to attack eachother and level up, financed with my infinite gold, healed in my infinite patience, and all contemplated by my room temperature IQ.
"Third: The WoD fould have perfect Dodge and Parry skills too!"
Yes. Hence the term, 'they _also_ have perfect dodge and parry.'
"Fourth: The WoD would flee because of injuries, because of a bug in Majesty."
See under 'I have too much to live for.'

[ 01. June 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:

They're not going to reach level 20 when you have to haul 3 of them out of battle to save the one, who then spends a day or so sleeping off his injuries, or shows some suicidal stupidity by treking off to battle evil in his current condition and requires you to pull the same stunt over again.
You said I had infinite tiMe as well!

[QOUTE]In the meantime, my highly survivable paladins are perhaps half your level, but I never had to lift a finger to save their fine behinds.
If you have infinite gold, the way to go is a level 3 wizards guild, towers every six feet, and lightning storm to your heart's content.
[/QUOTE]

My opponent doesn't have infinite Money. I can use whatever method I want. Besides, Since I have infinite Money, I will get infinite Warriors Guilds and even Paladins (Especially in MP with only 85 parry) will be in danger when surrounded by warriors on all sides!

quote:

quote:
Yes, but 3 versus 3 hands it to the paladins every time, and you're dishing out the moolah on resurrections, if you're on the offensive, or CtA, on the defense, in which case I'm already leveling your inns. That adds up. Paladins are smart enough to know when to run and use potions in a timely fashion. Dauros/Agrela offer great guild spells, a paladin with blessing and stoneskin will just chew through warriors of the same level- the reverse does not apply. Weight of numbers will not serve you well since guilds increase exponentially in cost. And aren't you going to need a level 2- oops, 3 palace for that solarii army you mentioned? Plus the temple? Is there something I should know here?
Yes. I have INFINITE GOLD. That will easily afford. Besides, a bug(?) in Majesty Makes it so that once you have built a ridiculous nuMber of buildings of any type, they start going over the liMit of their variable's capacity and eventually cost 0. And paladins can only have five potions and can't run when surrounded.

quote:
"First: The Monks are around level 16."
I thought we were talking about hypothetical situations, what with infinite gold and solarii without a second level palace, or temple, and all.
"Second: WoDs and Monks aren't killed by crit hit, they just get hurt."
Badly. And they outnumber you 4 to 1. That's more than 4 times the critical hits. I suppose his sheer bulk might let him take the pain, but bear in mind those monks are levelling up with every blow. Could be a close call as the gap narrows. Might be an interesting experiment. But what the hell, I'll upgrade the monks to level 125 each by placing 2 million reward flags on eachother's heads to induce them to attack eachother and level up, financed with my infinite gold, healed in my infinite patience, and all contemplated by my room temperature IQ.

Another bug in Majesty makes heroes ignore ridiculously huge bounties. Too bad!

quote:
"Third: The WoD fould have perfect Dodge and Parry skills too!"
Yes. Hence the term, 'they _also_ have perfect dodge and parry.'
"Fourth: The WoD would flee because of injuries, because of a bug in Majesty."
See under 'I have too much to live for.'

Another soMething to note: This ridiculous (forgive Me for overusing the word) arguMent has nothing to do with Adepts, which are far More iMportant to this thread than petty disputes between Warriors and Paladins.

Alfryd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Another soMething to note: This ridiculous (forgive Me for overusing the word) arguMent has nothing to do with Adepts, which are far More iMportant to this thread than petty disputes between Warriors and Paladins.
You're right. This is ridiculous. I should have picked that up when you started assuming you had infinite gold and/or a level 500 WoD.

Incidentally, I can't seem to find any way to induce my monks to attack a level 71+ WoD. They don't flee in terror, except in rare cases, but they briefly berserk and then deside to go home, or wander, ignoring the threat as if it never existed. Never land a blow.
Must be another bug.

[ 02. June 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Alfryd, disciple of Krolm. ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: