Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:29 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

When I play, I tend to have my adepts intercept the path of the of the ratman coming to my marketplace. I tend to block off the marketplace from sewers by placing a guard house right beside the sewer, that way as soon as a ratman comes out, it gets distracted and starts to fight the tower. And if a second one comes out, my adept is there to kill it. But still, Solarii are good, but not better. I play with both now.

------------------
-Mogor

KittyKat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:17 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Put your temple to Lunord near a sewer grate, and your Adepts will level faster. They mostly only run from large enemies, but they keep Ratmen away from the Marketplace, which makes me happy

KittyKat

------------------

HUWAAHH! .....hi.

Zeddicus_Zul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2001 2:59 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I always place Lunord's Temple on the edge of town that gets attacked most. This pushes my Adepts to fight more and gain lvl's. Also, I have always thought of them as the best police force available

Mogor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 7:48 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I got news for ya, Paladins aren't the best. They are good, but not the best.

------------------
-Mogor

RedChaos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 12:22 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

If they are so lawful, then your interpretaion is wrong. Law would support the commonpeople, the peasants. Why would Paladins and Monks think themselves superior? They would be above such petty squabbles. They would defend everyone equally and fight monsters for the good of the kingdom. You must understand your heroes and accept that they might not think the way you want them to.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 7:15 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Good for you, Lisa! Now that I am impartiality personified (the blindfold, you see) I can now say that Monks and Paladins are equal, but different - in the way that apples and oranges are equal, but different. On the one hand, I would never dream of sending a Monk after a ranged hero (as igf I had any say in the matter...), but Paladins will quickly wittle them down to size. They are both good at melee, but with his extra defensive spells and (new?) critical hit ability, the Monk is the better. And they are equal at the slaying of magical units: the Monk has higher resistance, but the Paladin can get in close before the Wizard or Priestess has time to do more than raise his or her staff. There you have: equality, liberty, and fraternity!

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2001 11:09 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Mogor:
I got news for ya, Paladins aren't the best. They are good, but not the best.

That's right. MONKS are the best! Hooo-hah!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:26 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I am impartiality personified (the mask, you see) I can now say that Culties and WoDs are equal, but different - in the way that apples and oranges are equal, but different. On the one hand, I would never dream of sending a Cultie after a ranged hero (as if I had any say in the matter...), but WoDs will quickly wittle them down to size. They are both good at melee, but with his extra offensive spells and critical hit ability, the WoD is the better. And they are equal at the slaying of magical units: NoT. There you have: unequality, disliberty, and fragmentility!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 10:17 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhhh! Mr. President, I accuse Senator MaDnEsS of plagiarism!

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 11:14 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Just showin' that the same coin can have two equaly unimpressive sides to it...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
RedChaos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 5:07 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Unimpressive?! All this debate over the better, and you call them unimpressive?! Hmmm? Maybe you're right. If you can be happy with your choice, then no one else matters.

------------------
Smitten with Love I am the Kitten

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 2:37 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

[bump]

DBD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 6:19 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:
...On the one hand, I would never dream of sending a Monk after a ranged hero...

Why that? I hadn't play multiplay nor quests to apply that but they have a great if not the best dodge isn't it?

So even is they are slow they should perform well.

For example and for different reasons, at level 7 or 8 they are the best dragon fighters (range attack?) with Barbarians and Priestress.

wavefront

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:34 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by DBD:
....but they have a great if not the best dodge isn't it?

• Yep, just below gnomes in MAJX.
  • In addition ranged (elf, ranger, rogue, etc.) heros have poor parry skills. So while they would get the first shot or two, the monk would kill them quickly once melee started.

------------------
"Hey, it's good to be the King."
- Mel Brooks History of the World Part I

Sorcerer1113

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with wavefront, I have had a monk kill a few rouges in "Traderoutes" only being hit once by their arrows.
Not all the rouges but about 3 or 4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: