Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:53 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Plain and simple, Adepts are inferior to Solari. But WHY? Why were the Solari made to be more powerful when they are both the highest end heroes you can recruit. Solari can go toe to toe with about any monster in Majesty, while the Adepts are fast, they use their speed to almost always flee. And when they do stand and fight (due to the alterations given to them in the Northern expansion) they don't fare very well at all. I read that they were changed to have more offensive power "at the cost of defence" well that's just great. The Solari get a new offensive spell called firehammer that's really powerful (and a great spell by the way, I love it) and their running speed only gets taken down a notch. While the adepts on the other hand get big deductions in their parry skills for an unnoticable raise in combat skills.
Now the curious thing is, why are the Adepts so wimpy when they're supposed to be the heroes of the god (or is it a goddess?) of war?? They should be feared and reveared if they're among the legions of war! A person or monster should think twice about attacking a town with a Temple to Lunord in it, not scoff and charge right in. I like the Solari the way they are and I don't want them changed and I don't direct any offence to them whatsoever. But the Adepts! Why'd they get the shaft in this game? They could've been great, and darker and more mysterious, to reflect the night a little better.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 2:01 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
Now the curious thing is, why are the Adepts so wimpy when they're supposed to be the heroes of the god (or is it a goddess?) of war?? They should be feared and reveared if they're among the legions of war!

Lunord is the god of night and wind, not war, and adepts are not wimpy. I use them all the time, and hardly ever hear "Wind- has failed me..." On the other hand, when I use Solarii I find them dying all the time. Adepts get a more powerful move after they gain a few levels and they also have a higher dodge, parry, and intelligence than solarii.

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:
while the Adepts are fast, they use their speed to almost always flee.

One of my problems with Solarii is that they don't flee until they have about 2 hp left. I have to keep constant watch over them and heal them repeatedly rather than attending to other aspects of the game, and when they do flee, a single ranged attack from the enemy often finishes them off. Adepts are smarter and know that there's a time to fight and a time to flee. Once they grow stronger they don't hesitate to take on a powerful enemy.

Another thing about solarii is that if you have any guardhouses, pretty much all they do is 'garrison' them all the time which is very annoying.

I'm not saying solarii aren't good, I'm just saying that adepts aren't bad and that solarii do have their weaknesses.

------------------
Ngahh... loincloth's riding up

[This message has been edited by Pretty Cow (edited 26 July 2001).]

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:04 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't Golem being this up a while ago?

I almost never find my Solarii garrisoning, they're always out trying to get my attack flags or raiding lairs.

I do prefer them for their Fire Hammer spell, that little range spell is definitely something!

------------------
Thwip!

Mogor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 10:28 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I use both, but mostly adpets. One of the only times I see myself using Solarus is when I am not using the Fervus/Krypta path because I want a hero to replace the all might Warrior of Discord attack wise. the SOlarus to me is only a replacement for the WoD. But overall, I think Adepts are much better, they can easily get to the other end of your kingdom and kill nay rats or harpies, or even some of the stronger guys like the Goblin Overlords, and stop you from worrying about your kingdom. Also, like I have said before, that allows all you other heroes to go out and adventure and gain exp.

------------------
-Mogor

Mogor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:57 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

The northern expansion is much better. IT adds some new attacks to heroes. The warrior of discord gets an attack called Howl, which scares away all enemies. The solarus gets a new spell called Fire Hammer, which throws a flaming hammer, the Adpet gets an attack called double-strike which attack twice really quickly. Also, there are a lot of new buildings such as the mausoleum, the outpost, the magic bazaar, and a whole lot of new enemies. Go to http://www.strategydragon.com and then click on previews and check out the Expansion preview it has everything you need to know.

------------------
-Mogor

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 6:02 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

What? No one agrees with Tiger? I know I do.
And Lunord is the third god of War: there's Krolm, Dauros, and Lunord.
Here's before the expansion:
Adept:
Dodge: 75
Parry: 75
AT: 8
Now, Adepts get 3 more AT, at the cost of 10 Dodge. H2H is still 75. So for 10 Dodge, you get 3 AT, and a Double Attack. Now, there are only 3, maybe 4 heroes to dodge from: Rogue, Elf, Ranger, maybe Cultist. Now, I'm starting to sound like I disagree with Tiger, don't I?
Well, I don't. You see, even in the original, Helia was more powerful than Lunord. See, Adepts had less AT, less AR, no spells- the only thing good was their sovereign spells, patrolling, and slightly better defense. And the fact that they were much cooler than Solarii, but that has nothing to do with it. So the Adepts still have less AT, less AR, and no spells. Oh wait, they got Double Attack, didn't they, for just 10 dodge, which happened to be the best thing about them. That's the once every ten times 22-30 hp attack, while Solarii, with their new 28-50 hp attack, Fire Hammer, to be cast at range too, causes them no cut in anything. That's why Adepts are still superior, right? Huh???
Now, CyberLore, I think you did a great job on the expansion. I'm not saying you id anything wrong. But a new spell for adepts might be nice.

CBH_Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:22 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Adepts are a whole bunch better then Solarii in my opinion. Sure they are kind of pathetic when it comes to fighting but they are always helping fight rats and ratmen. And yeah they get a pretty sweet attack when they level.

CBH_Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 11:23 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

In Northern Expansion is there anything new added to the heroes? And is it any better then Majesty?

Mogor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 10:11 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

You are just comparing the adept to the solarus, but in a team they are better than a solarus. Solarii can be easily replaced by paladins or even better, a Warrior of Discord, while on the other hand, nothing can replace an adept. No other hero can run as fst, protect your city as good, and defend your palace. I am not saying solarii aren't good, they are good too because htye level up fast, but it all depends on how you build you kingdom, a larger one need adepts in my opinion.

------------------
-Mogor

Golem XV

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:54 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

what tiger is talking about and what i was talking about is offensive purpose how they can take on heroes and monsters and to put it plainly the adepts suck at this that is all that tiger is talking about not running speed not there use in town and soverign spells just plain combat

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

DreamRain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:51 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I have NEVER had problems with Adepts being weak at fighting monsters. They rarely die. Mine rarely flee. By the end of a quest or mission most of my adepts are over lvl 16 while everyone else is still at lvl 7-10.
They go hunting all the time and usually need no help from me at all. My Paladins need more help.
Adepts love fairgrounds and they lvl fast. By the time they're high levels, their dodge goes up (and they buy those rings too), so I don't see them get hit that often.

If you think Adepts totally suck, you're not using them right. They are more defensive by nature, not offensive, and if you play very offensively, perhaps they aren't for you. But they don't suck.

Solari are ok, but they don't suit my playstyle, and I find them annoying...I don't think Solari suck, tho. They just don't jibe with how I like to do things.

Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 1:00 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

last game i played in freestyle I had goblins in the game. I put the lunord temple on the edge of my town so it would take the brunt of any attack. So the goblins would attack it to get at my town, and when they did, the adepts would drop like flies. Adepts level SLOWLY compared to solari. they need 100-200 more exp to level I believe.

Mogor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:13 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit that adpets level slow, but their role is very important. They are meant to destroy the weaker enemies who quickly get to you marketplaces.

------------------
-Mogor

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:47 am    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

Well Solari are a heck of a lot better at taking down weak enemies than Adepts are. And they're much more valuable when protecting marketplaces as well. Last game I played using the build anything cheat I had both adepts and solari from the start of the game. I noticed that solari would use fire hammer, taking out rats in one hit. THey were also much better at detering trolls and ratmen away from marketplaces because of their ranged attacks. Adepts need to get right next to a ratman and then wait for it to stand still for him to take a swing at it, usually this happens when the ratmen are standing still, stealing 1000 gold or so from my marketplace. Not so when the solari are around and at lvl3.

Golem XV

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 3:29 pm    Post subject: Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick? Reply with quote Back to top

amen preach it brother ;-)

------------------
The King of Typos and Streamofconciousness is here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: