Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Adepts vs Solarii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Steven of Nine: my computer sucks so I am reserved to playing my brother on our other computer LAN. And while he is pretty good, he cannot beat Darkness Falls, so he's not exactly world champion. I actually have only played against really good people once, at my friend's house. Theory my foot.

You, too, are asking for a taste of Krolm. And Wod/Paladin, depending on my mood.
-------
WE ARE THE BLACK PHANTOMS!
You mean African-American Phantoms, you neo-nazis fools.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

And, Steven, you disbelieving goblin, I didn't say he didn't have WoDs, I just said that if he got past my 8-12 Adepts with a bunch of them, I would quickly get rid of the empty Lunord temples and build a Helia.
----------
Are you willing to flirt with death?
Are you death? Yes? Sure!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Wizard-lord Baldur:
Steven of Nine: my computer sucks so I am reserved to playing my brother on our other computer LAN. And while he is pretty good, he cannot beat Darkness Falls, so he's not exactly world champion. I actually have only played against really good people once, at my friend's house. Theory my foot.

You, too, are asking for a taste of Krolm. And Wod/Paladin, depending on my mood.
-------
WE ARE THE BLACK PHANTOMS!
You mean African-American Phantoms, you neo-nazis fools.

A lot of people cannot beat Darkness Falls. Although I have beaten that quest several times I have lost it just as many. I don't consider it a measure of how good a player you are. As long as you and your brother are having fun with your games that is all that counts and I would not put any stock in what any of us here think of your strategies. It's just a game! You lose all the fun when you start getting hurt feelings (easy to do when words like idiot start getting tossed around) and feel like bashing someone with Krolm.

My advice. Keep having fun with your brother and don't waste your time on the more negative feelings. It's a game. Have fun

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I know youre right. But Darkness Falls isnt that hard. Spires of Death is the toughie.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I just have to chime in here and put in my vote for Solarii.
They just rock! Very rarely do you see any other heroes that will not back down from a fight with a daemonwood like a Solarus. They may need a heal or two until they get a few levels in, but they still stand their ground regardless.
The only thing I find remotely encouraging about Adepts is the winged feet spell, which is nice for speedy caravan deliverys in lets say..... Trade routes for example??

Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Lunord is best for his guild spells. That's why more often than not I build a temple to Helia, recruit four Solarii, then raze Helia and send the Solarii to an Outpost. I then build Lunord because of the superior temple spells.
----------
Play... Nice... (whump)

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Superior Spells.......The one and only.....

KROLM! makes me stronger...........

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I have to disagree with the superiority of Lunord's Spells. Winged feet is helpful, especially if you have a caravan in trouble, but if you're playing the game right, it shouldn't be in trouble... Wind Storm is nice, but doesn't have the versatility.

Let's say you Wind Storm enemy troops to get them away from a building. Well, they don't go that far. They'll come right back. You could also Wind Storm enemy peasants/gnomes to get them to stop repairing something. But if it doesn't kill them, they'll come back.

Solarii Fire Storm (or whatever it's called, the area effect) toasts everyone. Peasants have to respawn, one at a time, from the Palace.

It's also a better anti-Chaos spell. Chain Lightning rids the map of most of the Priestess' skeletal minions acting as a shield. (Very important to the Rangers and Barbarians in your average War Party.) Fire Storm gets rid of the rest of 'em when Lightning Storm isn't available due to distance.

Lunord's spells are better only in single-player.

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to agree with Steven, Adept spells just arent nearly as helpful as Helia spells are over a wider range of scenarios. They can be useful at certain times but overall Helia spells are much more versatile in comparison to Lunord... IMO

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:

Unless KROLM! makes me stronger.......

Jakartiz

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:
quote:

Unless KROLM! makes me stronger.......
Do the barbarians have a spell I don't know about?

Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I consider it a "soverign spell" or "power" in that you yourself activate it as opposed to heros casting it on their own...

Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

People, if you want the answer from some other incredibly good players like goldy go to page 2 on "All Posts" then go to "Why do Adepts get the short end of the stick. The Adeptians all agree with me. HA!

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

ack! My ears are burning someone is talking about me. From your post I thought I had said something nice about Adepts in that thread but apparently I didn't participate in it.

I have see-sawed around through the years on my favorite hero class. The only favorite that has really remained consistent through that time is my liking for Barbarians. But anyone who has read my posts through the years will know that I have maintained one consistent theme through all these debates. There is a place for every hero and every hero has his place. My favorite hero is really the one that gets the job done in the moment. Sometimes that means Adepts could be my favorite. Currently I have been playing Spires of Death. If you have been reading my posts about that you will know who my favorite hero of the moment is.

M

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
I have to disagree with the superiority of Lunord's Spells. Winged feet is helpful, especially if you have a caravan in trouble, but if you're playing the game right, it shouldn't be in trouble... Wind Storm is nice, but doesn't have the versatility.

Let's say you Wind Storm enemy troops to get them away from a building. Well, they don't go that far. They'll come right back. You could also Wind Storm enemy peasants/gnomes to get them to stop repairing something. But if it doesn't kill them, they'll come back.

Solarii Fire Storm (or whatever it's called, the area effect) toasts everyone. Peasants have to respawn, one at a time, from the Palace.

It's also a better anti-Chaos spell. Chain Lightning rids the map of most of the Priestess' skeletal minions acting as a shield. (Very important to the Rangers and Barbarians in your average War Party.) Fire Storm gets rid of the rest of 'em when Lightning Storm isn't available due to distance.

Sun Scorch can kill peasants? One Sun Scorch will kill about half the peasants it hits. Wind StorM, on the other hand, kills none. However, peasants are very slow and one Wind StorM will allow you to finish off a building your heroes are attacking. Wind StorM on your wizard is even better. The wizard will get to throw lots of Magic at its hand-to-hand eneMies and if they are fast, the storM will blow theM back twice! Adepts can even be blown three tiMes.

You seeM to be ignoring the potential of the spell WINGED FEET. This spell can speed peasants to their job, heroes to a battle, or a fleeing Wizard away froM his foes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: