Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Adepts vs Solarii
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

These are apparently the highest-level Temple dwellers as they can only be accessed at Palace Level 3. This post is around to discuss the differences between Lunord's swift Adepts and Helia's mighty Solarii (cue Braveheart themesong)

Personally, I prefer Adepts. I know, I know, you monk-loving Mongoloids will think I'm crazy. But in a MP game where you've got lots of flagged buildings and most of your heroes are off killing themselves against your big old Solarii, the Adepts can patrol the city and beat the living crud out of any bounty-hunting hooligans the enemy cares to send.

I always thought of Solarii as being bigger stronger Dwarves with less magical resistance and no special moves like Build. They do garrison guardhouses, which is nice, but if so much as a Troll comes knocking at a g'house, the poor tower is history anyway, so I like Adepts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spiderman

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:15 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I actually believe Solarii are the heros of choice in MP (at least with MajX) - I think due to their Sun Scorch spell.

In freestyle or single-player quests, I tend to go with Solarii because of Sun Scorch, their willingness to go after reward flags or Raid Lairs, and since other heros are usually around your settlement doing stuff (buying from the Marketplace or Blacksmith or whatever), patrolling your settlement with Adepts isn't as big as a concern.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 8:03 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
I actually believe Solarii are the heros of choice in MP (at least with MajX) - I think due to their Sun Scorch spell.

They're the heroes of choice, but not really for that reason. While using Sun Scorch to toast tax collectors and fry Wizards is a great past time, the Solarii are simply the strongest hero in the game, requiring the least overwatch. Only high level WoDs, and their ability to critical hit everyone, and their ability to scare off half an enemy force with HoD, are any match.

In MP, you use Lunord, you will lose against Helia unless your opponent is an idiot.

M

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

An idiot?!?

Use a huge Map with few aggressive Monsters. Build at least 4 MPs and 10 inns. Build a row of three dwarven settleMents (yes THREE. you will have lots of Money) outside your kingdoM in the direction of your eneMy and TeMples to Lunord behind the row.

It should look like this:

KKKKKKK---
KKKKKKK-B-
KKPKKKK---
KKKKKK--B-
KKKKK-----
KKKK--LS--
KKK--LS---
-----S----
-B-B------

Key:
S=Dwarven SettleMent
K=Part of your kingdoM
P=Palace
L=TeMple to Lunord
B=Ballista Tower

If you succeed in this strategy, you will becoMe richer than Many elven settleMents. You will be iMpervious to assault. You will soon have THREE of every guild you use.

Strategies with EVIL:
-With three royal gardens, even WoDs and rogues will have 45 loyalty.
-Priestesses: Twelve Priestesses plus fairgrounds give hordes of skeletons. No hero will be able to attack your kingdoM without getting aMbushed by an arMy of skeletons.
-Cultists: They will charM every charMable Monster on the Map. Their "SwarMing an EneMy" action will work particularly well when you have Many of theM.
-WoDs: AMazing what Money can buy, isn't it? Lunord excels on big Maps because you can speed up any hero.

Strategies with GOOD:
-Healers: Hope your opponents use royal gardens. Healers are just as eager to visit their gazebos as yours. If you deMolish your gazebos, there will be a steady streaM of healers Moving along a line between your kingdoM and theirs, aiding in any battle they pass.
-Monks: I don't have Much to say here about Monks.
-Paladins: Paladins don't need Lunord's help!

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

M&M, it's clear you've little experience playing multiplayer online.

1) Huge maps are never usable online. They lag too badly.

2) Defensive lines of Dwarven Settlements mean nothing against Gate, and...

3) Sufficiently high level heroes will take down Dwarven Settlements and ballistae in MP. In MP Hero damage against buildings is ramped up. Waaaaaay up. A level 8+ Solarus or a Lvl 6 WoD will destroy a Ballista Tower without blinking.

4) In MP Heroes become so powerful, the only thing that can kill them is another, more powerful hero. Toe to toe, spell for spell, Solarii beat Adepts, every time. Ask housefish, ask Goldy, ask Golem, and ask Kit. Not a one would take Adepts.

It's nice that someone's willing to stand up for them, but they've been proven lacking in the cauldron of online play by the best there are.

Live it. Learn it. Be it.

M

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

1) So what? It's just a strategy. No one's going to use it.

2) They sure Mean a lot if your eneMy can't get past theM to find a location to gate to!

3) Well how long does it take? My heroes will destroy the foe before they can destroy the ballistas!

4) That's not the only thing that kills. A level 20 WoD can be killed without a single hero at his level on the Map! Take 15 level 19 WoDs! ! !

In addition, My heroes coMe in swarMs!!!!

Battle: one level 17 paladin vs. two dwarven settleMents, five level 6 rangers, two level 9 WoDs, and three level 7 Adepts. This kind of battle happend a few tiMes in a gaMe where I used a siMilar strategy. The paladin was Called to ArMs.

Okay, it's not the best.

M

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Of Nine:
...the Solarii are simply the strongest hero in the game, requiring the least overwatch...

This is not because Solarii are the strongest but because of their low, low experience per level.

One Thousand! How do you justify that??? That's as low as a warrior, lower than a ranger or priestess! Solarii are alMost as good as paladins, and have half the experience per level AND half the cost! ! ! ! ! ! !

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:

One Thousand! How do you justify that??? That's as low as a warrior, lower than a ranger or priestess! Solarii are alMost as good as paladins, and have half the experience per level AND half the cost! ! ! ! ! ! !

I don't justify it. I simply recognise it and use Solarii.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

A huge map might work okay on a LAN. As long as all the PC's had about 512K of RAM.....

That would make a nice fantasy. A LAN, 4 pentium 4 PC's with a Gig of RAM each all running Majesty 2.

I still think Elves and Barbarians would prevail. Are we sure barbarians couldn't handle those Solarii, Steven???

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

When I said that I normally choose Adepts, that's assuming that I beat the enemy up the tech-tree. I usually go level 3 before they do and they're still attacking with Rogues and Rangers who have Moved Camp. If I was getting attacked by Solarii, I would of course change to Helia.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Spiderman

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by MMMMM:
[QBOne Thousand! How do you justify that??? That's as low as a warrior, lower than a ranger or priestess! Solarii are alMost as good as paladins, and have half the experience per level AND half the cost! ! ! ! ! ! ![/QB]

You justify it because of all the costs that you need to get to a level 3 Palace (assuming you're starting with a level 1 Palace). So if you go the minimu route, that's a Rogue's Guild + 4 Rogues + upgrading Palace to level 2 + building 2 more Rogue Guild's plus 8 more Rogues plus upgrading to level 3. And that's assuming all the Rogue's stay alive and you can build uninterrupted (highly doubtful with monsters running around )

Wizard-Lord: If you're beating your opponent up the tech tree, why not still go for Solarii?

Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

Because Solarii are slow and Adepts can still beat on most Guild-heroes like Rogues and Rangers without any problem. It's hard to get a battalion of WoDs or Warrior-Healers into my settlements, but if they did I'd raze my Lunord and slap up a Helia.
--------------------------------------------------
Styx and Stones will break your kingdom!
But names will never hurt me.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of the MP stuff in here has the sound of wishful thinking or theory.

Let me get this straight... you get a level 3 palace, having spent all the Gold and time to do so, and you build Lunord, because the Adepts can beat enemy Guild Heroes? Like Rogues and Rangers? Who exactly are you fighting that only has those? Where and when is this gaming being done, because let me tell you, I want in on this party. You people are itching for a visit from Krolm.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Goldy_Bear:

I still think Elves and Barbarians would prevail. Are we sure barbarians couldn't handle those Solarii, Steven???

They could. The element I always leave out is Barbarians, because they're so patently unfair. There's really nothing more satisfying than a Barbarian critically striking a rampaging Solarus and reducing her to a bright light.

On the Huge map you'd have time to develop some amazing War parties, and have your nice little Fairgrounds (running melee) next to a Gate.

I suppose Barbs are the third choice: Lunord, Helia or Krolm. But noone but me seems to think of Barbs as a long-term strat, only as a Krolm rush.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:06 pm    Post subject: Adepts vs Solarii Reply with quote Back to top

I favor Barbarians. It takes a little finesse and eye hand coordination to level up Solarii. Barbarians are so simple. A point and shoot style of play. So if you aren't using a rush it would seem to me the key would be to insure the other guy doesn't make more gold than you do.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: