Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Supermonks/too much time on my hands
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamRain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 6:17 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

There's nothing like a townfull of teleporting, high armor class, xtremely high dodge/parry/resist, bored, idle monks surrounded by a zillion ratmen spawning sewers and wandering medusae, for high frivilous entertainment value. *giggle*

Just in case you're wondering, no, I didn't cheat, and yes, I'm very strange.

Cheers

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 8:20 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

There's only one likely way I can think of for monks to have Amulets of Teleportation:

Let a Rogue purchase the Amulet, then kill him. A Monk will retrieve the Amulet sooner or later.

DreamRain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2000 10:19 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

yup yup! or just dismiss them...they drop the items at the palace 'door' when they leave.

And AoP's too. Not practical I know, just fun! I noticed they seem to be culmative if picked up in this fashion. One monk amassed a Resist of 60 (w/none of his spells cast). Greedy thing.

Apple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2000 11:46 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure the Rings of Protection are cumulative? Because Monks also tend to Train Magic Resistance in the Library.

Well, since you have a lot of time, it's time for another project - the quest to discover if collecting multiple Rings of Protection confer cumulative bonuses.

DreamRain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 1:05 am    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was very sure, because I didn't have a Library.

But to be on the 'safe' side I made a quick Champions of Law/Enchanted Forest game w/no wandering monsters, recruited only 1 monk. Then built a Market/upgrade & a Rogue Guild, recruited 1 rogue, gave the rogue reward flags till he bought stuff, dimissed rogue...repeated 4 times. The monk (still lvl 1 at this point) picked up all the items and had a Parry of 128, Dodge of 125, and Resist of 80 - and an Armor of 10.

Just for fun, I had him wipe out the whole map alone.

[This message has been edited by DreamRain (edited 06-24-2000).]

Apple

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2000 7:55 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Cyberlore!! Is THIS supposed to happen?

(Because if it does, it makes for some interesting strategies.)

DreamRain, does it work for other heroes as well?

Acadagon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2000 9:40 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, dude.

DreamRain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 2:14 am    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Far as I can tell it works for all heroes..tho I haven't tested 'em all. Works for Rogues & Elves, don't see why it wouldn't for others.
Heroes will be invincible w/enough AoP's, the monk in the above example wasn't hit once, by anything, including daemonwood. I'm not sure I'd use it in a 'real' game. I was just goofing off. heh

anyholm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 7:29 am    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, dreamrain - you have lengthened the game experience for me, with a few weeks ... i will try this at home, as soon as possible.

I havent even tried to dismiss a hero before.. but it sounds quite easy - there must be a cross somewhere, right ?

[This message has been edited by anyholm (edited 06-26-2000).]

HGS_Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 9:47 am    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

You did all that to strengthen your Monks, but you didn't have a library? They are fairly likely to learn the two spells that are available there (and train in magic resistance), and that makes them significantly more dangerous.

Try this build order:
1) Build and upgrade a Market (or two, three, etc.)
2) Build a rogues guild and recruit four rogues.
3) Use plenty of reward flags until they purchase Amulets of Protection. At least one should also have an Amulet of Teleportation.
4) Build and upgrade a library and blacksmith (as appropriate, no smith for Wizards or Library for Warriors of Discord).
5) Build the appropriate guild near the entrance to your palace.
6) Click to recruit the hero you want.
7) Immediately dismiss the rogues. Recruit more once they are gone.
8) When the hero appears, it should notice all the items left at the Palace front door.
9) Repeat steps 1, 2, and 6 until you have a hero with incredible dodge, parry, and resistance stats.
10) Watch the teleporting, magic slinging hero who never gets hit single handedly clear off the map.

bad-example

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 2:10 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious...will heroes also get healing potions this way? And if so, will they use them even if they are a class that never buys them?

------------------
You're the diet coke of evil. Just one calorie...not evil enough!

DreamRain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2000 5:51 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

HGS-Shadow, I'm well aware of the properties of Libraries, thanks.

95% of the time, I've already won the darn map before a few heroes even glance at the Library - since I don't use wizards unless 'forced' to, most of the time Libraries are fairly useless to me - I don't bother w/them.

As for 'superheroes' - tons of rings of protection (why in the world was I calling them amulets?) and they're already invulnerable - why bother w/anything else.

Btw, to anyone, in general the RoP thing isn't terribly effective in 'real' play cause it takes too long & costs a lot for all those reward flags

Camper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 5:46 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

DreamRain,

This is Genius! I spent my whole weekend creating supermonks, and I have to say, it rocks. I was able to get through an expert freestyle game with Wandering Hordes using the supermonk strategy, and I even used it to beat fertile plains (In both cases I recruited four rogues to get to a second level palace, then dismissed them one by one when the time was right). It's not really the best strategy, but if you ever want to complete a map using just one hero, this is the way to do it. Super WoDs are fun too. Give it a try.

KingWill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 8:51 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Camper I have to know how did you beat Monsterous Hordes??? It impossible!!!
I being trying nonstop for 2 days now.

------------------
Battle: "My Power Grew"
"I have lived a thousand years and will live a thousand more"
"My Power Grew"
"I'm Melting"
Moral: One level 8 wizard will always die to Vendral the Mighty Dragon.

Camper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 8:19 pm    Post subject: Supermonks/too much time on my hands Reply with quote Back to top

Well, maybe I cheated a bit. I started out with 4 Rouges. I went to a second level palace. Then I build the Agrela (sp?) temple so I could have the heal and ressurect spells. I didn't recruit any healers though. Then I built about 3 Duaros (sp?) temples and cranked out the Monks (This took awhile, but I think I ended up with 3 marketplaces eventually). I healed and resurrected them as necessary, then I started making some of them into supermonks. As they got more powerful, I dismissed some of them until I had 3 or 4 teleporting around and crushing everything they saw.

Does that help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: