Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

healers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darth hidious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

i love healers they can only die if they are hit whiile being reborn

wavefront

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:35 pm    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

That's not quite right.

Healers can be reborn once for each level of experience. They will sometimes get "killed" defending their home and will be reborn on the same spot. If the foe is tenacious enough it can kill the healer the moment she is reborn. Low level healers are susceptible to this kind of death. Once a healer reaches 7th level she gets the Aura of Peace spell and is immune to attacks from enemies (the spell recharge rate is equal to the spell duration).

darth hidious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:01 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

oh well thanks for the correction

Stomper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

No kidding. Healers are cheap to recruit, they let your other heroes level up rather than die too often, you rarely have to spend extra gold to recruit more healers, AND you get the nifty-cheap heal spell that you can use when your healers are spread too thin. I find that the healers quickly pay for themselves. The only real downside is that you can't also get Krypta with them.

Stomper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

Well, okay, and there is the problem that they provide no offense worth noticing . . .

darth hidious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:32 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

i think that the healer's offense is so weak because their defense is outstanding!!!

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it's not the healers stats at all, that make them so good. It's their ability to heal other heroes at no cost that make them unique. No other class can do that. Healers and Warriors make a very powerful partnership. The Warrior does all the fighting and the Healer removes any damage from combat. In battle a Healer-Warrior combination is nearly unbeatable.

darth hidious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:49 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

howabout with a wizard

Paladin Lisa D'angler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

A comment on the healer's offense, I fyou cast Change of Heart on a fleeing healer who has the Aura of Peace spell in use...the results can be quite impressive.

darth hidious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

darth hidious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:30 pm    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

i have a very popular post! ! !!!!!

wavefront

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

A warrior can absorb much more damage than a wizard without getting "freaked out", but they will follow a wizard (and a tax collector) too.

Stomper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'm caught with my ignorance showing. What does an Aura of Peace spell do, and what kind of impressive results do you get when it is combined with a CoH?

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Stomper:
Okay, I'm caught with my ignorance showing. What does an Aura of Peace spell do, and what kind of impressive results do you get when it is combined with a CoH?

CoH will make the Healer berserk. The Healer will attack anything it can find, but can't be hit, due to Aura of Peace, which is cast on itself. It's a programming error. Healers using AoP aren't supposed to attack anything, but CoH allows them to do so. Any Healer that attacks should lose the benefit of AoP.

I don't know if this works, as I've not wasted CoH on my own Healer, but I think that's the theory.
(CoH on an enemy Healer, to get her to stop healing a melee fighter, is a great tactic.)

Don't know that I'd call it impressive. Takes about 4 Healers to kill a Ratman.

The other great thing about Healers is that they will heal Plague victims, which Cultists do not. And they'll run about doing it for free.

wavefront

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: healers Reply with quote Back to top

The only problem with CoH getting Healers to go berserk is that they very don't flee very much. So to get them to fight you have to use CoH twice. It's just a big waste of gold, because Healers don't have the combat skills to fight anything more powerful than a giant rat. Also, when healers are berserk they don't heal anyone.

The bottom line:
Healers should be healing not fighting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: