Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

monster mash
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solarii00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:43 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

i have a few Q's 4 u (i looked and didnt find this topic, and if there is one out there...i dont really care!!)
1)what is yer least favorite monster
2)what is yer favorite monster
3)what (do u think) is the strongest monster
4)and finally do any of you have any good tips on beating dragons (besides undead)
Thank u!!!

------------------
"...and you'll discover this girls not the one and she'll never be fun you should just turn and run because you'll find out that some girls try to hard"-Mark Hoppus (good advice)

Rock Golems suck!!

Solarii00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:45 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

oops!! forgot to reply
1)rock golems (but they still look cool)
2)rust spitters(i dont know why)
3)i would have 2 say dragons

------------------
"...and you'll discover this girls not the one and she'll never be fun you should just turn and run because you'll find out that some girls try to hard"-Mark Hoppus (good advice)

Rock Golems suck!!

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 7:02 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1)What is your least favorite monster
Minotaurs. They swarm in groups of three or more and they almost always hit you at the beginning of a game as you're trying to build up your kingdom.

2)What is your favorite monster
Daemonwood. Best monster for levelling up your heroes.

3)What is the strongest monster
Rock Golems and Dragons

4)And finally do any of you have any good tips on beating dragons (besides undead)
Absolutely... Monks, monks and monks. And paladins, too. Make sure you babysit them with healing spells and watch those little boogers level up like crazy. I've also watched an entire guild of healers kill a dragon while defending their home. By the time they were done, all of them were over lvl 15 and they were quite a pack of booty-kickers.

- Twy

------------------
Not really a Royal Advisor. I'm just the Forum Mommy!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Solarii00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2001 7:14 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

wow!! talk about nationalism

------------------

Rock Golems suck!!

PurpleAnt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2001 6:44 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

Favourite monsters: goblin rush, goblin rush, goblin rush.... naturally this only applies if I have enough irate, high-level heroes to deal with them. This is more of an after-quest thing for me... but I do love seeing wizards meteor storm hundreds of goblins to death.

I like Dirgo as well.

Least favourite: dryads... I just don't get them.

If I'm in a quest with dragons, I always build my wizards' guild right in the path of incoming dragons. Them wizards will fight if their home is at stake but you MUST use invisibility on them until the dragon is down. Then it's just a case of researching fire blast and meteor storm at the library, because they WILL be over level 7.

Once you have four level 7+ wizards in the guild you don't have to babysit them quite so much.

Be prepared to hear 'I'm melting!' a lot if you're not paying attention...

------------------
Her Majesty had a big building programme planned, and the gnomes were getting restive.

'Unionisation?' said Pilo Quag, and they all nodded...

Justin.M

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2001 7:57 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

least favorite are the RatMen because they steal your gold and they attack your house and they never stop coming!
Favorite monster is the huge giant dude that's in the last two levels only. He's cool. and some advice is...cheat to win!! but don't get caught!

Apple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2001 10:23 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1) Goblins! There are so many of them and they give too few experience.

2) Rock Golems. Thanks to my earth shaking 8.4 setup (I skipped the two at the rear.)

3) Can't decide between Rock Golems and Dragons (not counting the Unique creatures)

4) Many.
- Wizard with Wizard Tower or any other distraction + Invisibility.
- Monks with Vigilance.
- Paladin with Vigilance.
- Warrior with Healers and Healing support.
- Rangers and Elves, lots of 'em, preferably with Poisoned Weapons and with Vigilance and/or Blessing Support on the hero being attacked.
- Lots of Wizard Towers and Guardhouses with Gnomish support.
- Dwarven Settlement with Dwarven support.
- Lots of Ballista and Wizard Towers.
- Priestess with skeleton support (I think you know)
- Solarii with Vigilance or Petrify support.
- WoDs with Healing spell support and optional Winged Feet.
- Barbarians with RoK support.
- Call to Arms on strategically placed Warriors Guild with Warrior+Healer, Paladin, WoDs or a combination with optional Gnomish and Invisibility support.
- Lightning Storm with Marketplace support.

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2001 2:19 am    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1) Harpies ( the little economy-busting buggers!)
2) Daemonwood (nice easily managed hero-levelers )
3) Vampires seem pretty tough to me.

4)For fighting dragons undead with wither is the hands down best defense. If you have a lot of gold, have a wizard guild, you can use invisibility to aid just about any hero except Cultists. Once, I had a ton of gold to use invisibility. A dragon was attacking my Fervus Temple. I spent I don't know how many Ardanian Days casting invisibility on Cultists defending their home. The cultists leveled up well past ten, I ran out of gold, the cultist ended up as dead high-level heroes, and the dragon had sustained hardly any hit-point damage. I also had a guild full of Rangers level up really fast defending their home with a little aid of heal.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 11:37 am    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1.Evil Oculi-I hate it when they paralyze my heroes.
2.I think, after due reflection, I would have to say trolls.
3.No one's said this yet, but I think Black Phantoms are one of the hardest varieties of monster.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

gd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2001 6:24 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1. I dislike Daemonwoods. Always kill my rangers.

2. Rocs are cute.

3. Black Phantom easily. But that is almost a unique monster (only turns up in 2 quests). Otherwise Vampires seem to be far too powerful against some heroes.

4. Spells. I remember spells that slowed them down, like vines, worked well, as the dragons didn't seem to be resistant.

morten-larsen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 9:52 am    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1)VAMPIRES
2)Deamonwood
3)Vendraal

Soldier of Gondor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 6:30 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

1. Ratmen. They are weak and serve only to steal my gold and distract my heros from the advancing dragon. (as is most commonly the case.)

2. Vampires. Although the artwork could have been better, they make for some interesting fights. Plus a really cool sound. (BLEUH!)

3. Multiple minotaurs. Dragons and Rock Golems never attack in groups of more than three. I've seen nine of these buggers romping about, slaughtering my peasants...

4. Dragons...Vines. Vines are your best friend, if you have the cash. And lighting storm.

-------------------
-Loyal Soldier of Gondor

[This message has been edited by Soldier of Gondor (edited 21 February 2001).]

Falotar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 12:44 am    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

The Northern Expansion is out. I think we should re-ask these questions in regard to New and/or Improved Monters (NIM, for short):
What is your least favorite monster?
What is your favorite monster?
Which monster do you belive is the hardest?
My answers:
Evil Oculus still, but since that's not a NIM, I would have to say Ratman Shaman.
Ice dragon, they look awe-inspiring.
Yeti.

Steven Of Nine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 8:38 am    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:

What is your least favorite monster?
What is your favorite monster?
Which monster do you belive is the hardest?

Ratapult. All that hype, and they turn out to be nearly useless.

Ice Dragon. Just keep your heroes alive whilst fighting them and you're sure to level up tremendously.

Wendigo's, if youve no magic heroes, as melee heroes have an awful time hitting them. In a generic sense, Ice Dragons are toughest.

------------------
Shiny_Pony (Of Nine)

"Romance is not a malfunction"
- Kes, "Lifesigns"

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 11:18 pm    Post subject: monster mash Reply with quote Back to top

Giant Rats - they're just so annoying
Giant Rats - but they're just so cute when they're charmed
Giant Rats - oh wait... maybe not.

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!!"
"Don't mistake lack of talent for Genius" - Peter Steele

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: