Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownSYNDROME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 12:07 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

i love Dauros and Helia - but i can't STAND Agrela
whenever i get a temple to Dauros i shudder when i place the Temple to Agrela. Healers just piss me off. they can't fight, and i have so many fairgrounds that my heros never need healing anyway, unless it's like one gnome against Vendrel or something =)

i think Wizards are the best at higher levels, as their most powerful spells ROCK and they are impossible to kill once you get them past level 10 or 15
but overall Solarii are the best IMO because they don't need to be at a high level to do well, and the Sovereign spells rule - i just LOVE seeing an enemy Tax Collector with 2000 gold go up in flames under the withering Sun Scorch.

------------------
-------------------------
great like Jason

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Justin.M

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2001 9:03 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion i think that Fervus is the best because he can make your enemies your allies and that can be very useful so yeah also Temple to Krolm because Wrath of Krolm makes all my heroes stronger.

------------------
One Day this will all be mine!!!

Supreme Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 3:52 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, some may not agree but I like the temple to Krypta and Fervus. I just like having critters running around. And the Elven Bungalow. You put enough gold and they will go no matter what! They may not be the most useful heroes... but I think they're fun. Elves often time hang out at inns so if you place one way off in the middle of no where with a trading post they tend to guard it. That's what I think anyway.

------------------
Supreme Admiral
Armada Commander

blood_brother

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2001 5:15 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

My own personal favourite is a temple to krypta. Those skeletal friends are really worthwhile! I am also a fan of helia and wizards, but don't slag Lunord off so badly. It's true that the adepts are pretty crap, but Lunord has amazing sovereign spells. Winged Feet on caravans going to lvl 3 market is a great combo. The krypta sovereign spells are useful as well. But don't stick with lvl 2 - Animate Bones is poor compared with Wither and Reanimate. Wither on a raid of dragons on the Tomb of the Dragon King works very well.

------------------
If I had my good hammmer you'd be sorry!

ziggy29

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:48 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Krypta? Depends. Are we fighting a lot of dragons or not? Against dragons, there are none better than Priestesses. Otherwise, they're mediocre and I'd much rather have Solarii or Monks and Paladins.

I'd like healers a lot better if one good hit didn't kill them even when they reach higher levels. I suppose if you can make them invisible it's not so bad, but they die with amazing regularity...

Prefect

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2001 12:39 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on what we are fighting! If we are fighting cheesy dudes(goblins,hooligains,stuff like that) and if there is a lot of loot,we need a Ranger's Guild and a Rough's Guild.Tough things need temples,priesstists,and wizards. and other s*** like that.

------------------
----Prefect

blood_brother

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 12:47 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

i still like priestesses! They are cheaper than monks or solarii - 400 gold - and quite often all those skeletons are worth their weight in gold! The only problem with them is their hitpoints. 10hp at level 1 is not enough - control undead is pretty cool as well.

------------------
If I had my good hammmer you'd be sorry!

HolyWarrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 1:37 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Dauros and Agrela--definitely!
Dauros for those kickass paladins, and Agrela for those healers
monks and Helia's solars are good, too.

Zolom Windwalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2001 8:35 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

how do you become a Scion i mean is that the highest rank in the forums
also i like adepts from lunord
they have fantastic fighting skills
they double as guards for your city
plus u can use winged feet on tax collectors if you have a huge city
cultists are cool
throwing daggers and poisoning weapons
charming many animals
camoflauging and partrolling creature dens
they last quite a while and are pretty funny
dauros
monks
constantly beserking
despite what they say about being calm
HA
although the Paladins
besides the fact when they die it might be a little costly to replace them they are loyal making a elf dauros relationship

------------------------------------------------

Ooooh Pretty Star
The Law of Dauros is above all others
The wind lord agresses me (wait that doesnt sound right someone check up for me on that)

Soldier of Gondor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2001 7:06 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in my limited experiance, I have found that Krypta/Fervus combinations usually get the job done. My economy blossoms fairly swiftly, so 800 for a skeleton (which, by the way is twice what you pay for the actual priestess :P) is no biggie. Plus, priestesses are just hot. (It's the whole goth thing...I don't know...)

Fervus is awsome. Not only do you get the funny little cultists(Poisined daggers, swarm, charm, etc.) you also get VINES which are very important to a successful kingdom.

------------------
-Loyal Soldier of Gondor

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

[ 19. April 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Wizard-lord Baldur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I have to go with Wizards because after you babay-sit them for a while they are the game's most powerful unit. The only hero that rivals them in usefulness is the humble Warrior, who is the answer to all of the Wizard's problems. Wizards deal with all of the more powerful non-resistant stuff, and Warriors with Healers can deal with the magic-proof monsters and enemy heroes like dwarves.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by brownSYNDROME:

....but overall Solarii are the best IMO because they don't need to be at a high level to do well, and the Sovereign spells rule - i just LOVE seeing an enemy Tax Collector with 2000 gold go up in flames under the withering Sun Scorch.

And that cost you 1200? That isn't all that profitable. Sun Scorch doesn't always kill Tax Collectors, and if it fails that's 1200 gold down the drain! Do you ever wonder why such a weak spell costs more than a paladin? Solarii are good, but Helia spells are no good, except when, for instance, your opponent's level 20 hero with 4 HP left has just fled out of Wizard Guild range.

quote:
Originally posted by blood_brother:

...but don't slag Lunord off so badly. It's true that the adepts are pretty crap, but Lunord has amazing sovereign spells. Winged Feet on caravans going to lvl 3 market is a great combo.

Don't forget Wind StorM on the eneMies killing off your--(insert your favorite building naMe here)

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

MMMMM,

Although brownSYNDROME said Sun Scorch it is most likely he meant Fire Strike which is only 400 gold. I have never seen it not work first time on a tax collector or peasant. However, I get more glee from toasting a level 1 Wizard just recruited from his guild. Sun Scorch is also very effective on a group of peasants who are trying to rebuild an enemy guild you are trying to destroy. It is also a good area effect against groups of enemy heroes in combat.

[ 21. April 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Goldy_Bear ]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
KryptaFollower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krypta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: