Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 4:04 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I have given this a lot of thought and can't single one out. If I had to it would have to be Agrela. (I bet some of you thought I would vote for Barbarians. Ha!)

I'm a pacifist at heart. Anytime I end up with a graveyard in either a quest or MP game I have had a sense that I lost. In general, when I have gone with Chaos I have ended up with a lot of dead bodies.

This may just be inexperience with this style of heroes, though. As for cheap spells that give the biggest bang for the buck. I LOVE casting blessing on Paladins and Monks for only 100G. I wonder if this would be a good counter for Kit's Krypta/whither strategy.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
HolyWarrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 4:34 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Ranking of the temples in order:
1) Dauros. Monks are good in combat, plus the temple allows Paladin units, which are the best in combat bar none. A must-have for me.

2) Agrela. Healers provide excellent support for your combat units and are hard to kill. Plus, they are cheap.

3) Helia. Solari are good fighters and good on defense.

4) Krypta. The skeletons distract enemies from the priestesses and the priestesses can cast wither. If Agrela is unavailable, Krypta is the next best.

5) Krolm. I keep hearing how the Rage is unbeatable in multiplay--I say HAH! throw some monsters in and we'll see how good Krolm is. Rage is too expensive and the barbarians too stupid to use if you can possibly avoid it.

6) Fervus. I do not like Cultists. I'll take Paladins over Discordians any day.

7) Lunord. Why would you ever use these guys? Solari are much better.

Vang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 7:12 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite would have to Helia. The temple looks cool, especially when upgraded. The Solarii are both original and nifty looking to boot. I also love their voice lines.

My soul blazes brighter!

------------------
"Line me up so I can hit all of 'em."

thordsen82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 7:39 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite would have to be Fervus. I like the cultists because even though they are weak, after a while you have a whole bunch of friendly medusae running around to help you. And the Warriors of Discord are really nice, especially to use to attack enemy lairs.

MasterMage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 9:45 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm slightly new to this game and all, but from what I've played I like the Dauros/Agrela combo. The monks are great fighters, and are hard to hit at the higher levels. The healers follow around your warriors and other heroes and heal them the minute they get hit. Also, they are brought back to life without depleting your gold stash! O, and both temples have great spells.

------------------
My services are needed... AGAIN!

Drake 88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2001 9:59 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite is fervuse theb krypta because both can rase an army. I get bands of 12-23 sceletons sweeping throught the map killing everything all the time. Creatures defending my town and good spells and heros also

Greatest of Discord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 12:38 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Temple to fervus plus warriors guild equals me. Fervuses charm monster whoops up and my discords have never fallen.

------------------
Bow down before the master of all warriors! Fore I am the Greatest of Discord. Play Nice. I'm insane.

DragonWizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2001 8:42 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

My favorites would have to be the wizards, healers and cultists. Combined with a lv 2 library wizards learn the great spells. Healers heal other heros and their spells are cheap. Cultists can charm monsters who can provide good distractions for bad monsters.

MasterMage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 9:01 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, all you Fervus nuts out there. I've tried them and they're pretty cool, I just don't like their planting of poison plants, cuz I get them all over the map, and not a single rgue picks em up!

------------------
My services are needed... AGAIN!

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 2:10 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Look down the list aways here in this section and you'll find the stuff I posted on my "research" about cultists and their poison plants.

Apple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 2:24 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

LAZY!

Joe Grendel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:20 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I really dig Fervus. The Cultists seem weak at first, but a swarm of them dropping from hiding in bear form and peppering an opponent with missile fire casts them in a whole different light.

Terribly versatile and funny.

Dillyana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:20 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree that Fervus are very funny and they are a real challenge to keep alive in the beginning... I also like very much the krypta girlies: they are very good looking! but my computer sometimes seems to have problems handling all the skelies...

As I'm still a beginner, I'd have to say I still prefer and usually go for Paladins of Light, with healing available: you can quite easily get them to high levels and become really useful!

silly toy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2001 3:06 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

i once had a cutist/healer/paladin combo that nocked out the comptichin in slave pits

------------------
I follow you, i lead you about a round,
through bog, through bush through brake, through brier:
Sometimes a horse I'll be , some times a hound,
A hog a headless bear, sometimes a fire;
And neigh, and bark, and grunt, and roar, and burn
Like horse, hound, hog, bear, fire, at every turn

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2001 11:53 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

From every angle, the Temple to Dauros is my favorite. It is the most beatiful temple in the game. The spells it grants you are good: Stoneskin, heighting the subjects' defense, Vigilance, raising the targets willpower, and Petrify, turning the victim to stone. The last is expensive, twice as costly as its equivalent (Vines, Temple to Fervus) but one must accept certain things. Its heroes, the Monks, are also my fav. hero. They are braver than any other hero-one I once had nearly destroyed a Ballista Tower before he was severely wounded and fled. Paladins, too, are good; smart and swift.
However, I loathe its companion temple, Agrela. Its Sovereign spells are nifty, but the Healers... they don't make the grade. I am are the more disappointed in them because I know their power. They usually do not heal the important heroes at the important fights.

------------------
Praise Dauros!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: