Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir William

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 1:28 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

What is your fav. temple/guild? Mine are Temple to Fervus, Temple to Duaros, and Temple to Krypta.

------------------
Justice is the only way to my rule.
- Sir William

gd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 1:37 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I like Agrela very much. keeps the rest of your heroes alive and its healers are really hard to kill.

Warlord Kain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 4:08 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Dauros guides my sword and stays my hand. Monks and Paladins have kept me alove when none other could.

------------------
May your arrow always find its mark.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kishin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 6:18 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

I have got Temple Of Krypta as my favorite, but after to have successfully lower the world record on the Vengeance of the Liche Queen quest, i have to say that dwarwen settlements is my favorites.
The reason is, after that i had located the liche queen's nest i began to build ballista towers. It all ended up with 5 ballista towers in front of the dwarwen settlements, which lay just a little bit above the liche queen's whereabouts. Well, i thought i might destroy the temple which she lived in with my magicians which stood in the back shooting at the building. But my real heores was my dwarwes, they mangled the liche queen tower down and after they had destroyed it the just kept on banging on her and her horde of skeletons, of course were my magicians very useful at that very moment. Too bad i can't remember the dwarf's name, but there was one dwarf who saved my day. The five ballista towers i built was not that useful to put the liche wueen down, but they held a huge horde of skeletons coming from the north at bay and hindered their advanced assault on my dwarves and magic guild. I'm so so so so so happy now when i have a record and all, hope Spacebeast or someone will update it soon so i can really enjoy myself...hehe..well, dwarves, dwarves, dwarves, bless you all!!

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2000 7:25 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Favorite Guild or Temple... Hmmm...

That's actually not an easy question, taking into consideration all factors (spells, heroes, HP, teammates, you get the idea). Wow, I sound like Cooker...

But if you want my opinion, I'm gonna give my vote to the Temple to Helia. You get the best hero in the game (the Solarus) and for just 350 gold, you can torch some (unfortunate) tax collector that's carrying 1,000 gold from two marketplaces. Plus, it's relatively cheap to upgrade the Temple to Helia to level two (just 1,900 gold- the level two upgrade for Temples to Dauros is costs an extra 600-some gold).

I just can't imagine anyone wanting to use a Temple to Lunord in v1.3. If you want Winged Feet, build a Royal Gardens and pray for the best.

------------------
No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.

the_hippy_2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:07 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Mine has got to be a dwarven settlement. I just love having a building that shoots things at monsters. A level three blacksmith + level 2 palace is not much. The actual process is quite expensive, but it is still worth it. I like temples to Krolm, too. The Barbs can annoy me, but it is cheap, and not at too high a price considering what you get in return.

The Hippy

------------------
Peace to all men (but not to those bloody monsters)

Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 1:40 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Dauros and Agrela.

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 2:14 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

i gotta cast my ballot for the deadly krypta temple.

not only do you get access to the sweet priestesses, imho, the best all-around hero in the game, you also get wither - a nasty spell that is relatively cheap.

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 2:45 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Kit, outta curiousity (sp?), what makes the Priestesses so good? Yeah, their Drain Life kicks butt, but if any melee unit makes it up to her, it's curtains. Skeletons are too weak unless they are in great numbers, which your priestesses won't provide for a long time. On top of that, Priestesses get minimal HP, are frustratingly slow, and are often quite reckless, so you have to divert a lot of your attention from your other heroes to them. Besides, the only Krypta spell that is really worth it is Wither. You can get Resurrection for a much cheaper price, and 800 gold for a skeleton? That is one heckuva rip-off.

IMO, the best hero in he game is the Solarus. They're strong, have a ton of HP, are pretty fast, don't run from many fights, and they do buy healing potions and blacksmith upgrades. All for 500 gold, which is only an extra 100 gold over the Priestess.

------------------

Kit5150

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 3:27 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

well, when i recruit priestesses, i get a priestess, and at least one, usually two or three skeletons too.

generally, melee heroes will play with the skeletons before getting near the priestess. casting wither on them when engaged with skeletons will almost always lead to dead melee hero for the opponent, and no losses to your side (since the priestess heals her skeles).

then, the rest is downhill. the skeletons are in front of the priestesses, so ranged attackers are not a threat. simply doing the wither trick over and over on different enemy heroes will quickly dispose of them, and it costs you far less than your opponent spends replacing heroes.

of course, this is not a catch-all. there are many other factors that go into it (i.e. what if there are tons of enemy melee heroes? etc.). just my opinions on the most powerful guild/hero combo.

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:41 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, in the beginning, the skeletons will guard the Priestess, but later on, they tend to drift away from her. I've seen multiple bands of like a dozen skeletons wandering the map aimlessly without a Priestess (I seldom use the Animate Bones spell).

Priestesses aren't too bad, but I consider the Solarus to be superior.

------------------

Cooker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2000 11:35 pm    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Palace ?

priestess are not so bright, A 7th level wizard take any of them down altogether with their follower with ease.

A meteor storm can destory any approching skeleton in one shot, and following fireblast sweep priestess completely, considering a wizard can cast magic sheld on himself, priestess spell could not do much !

[This message has been edited by Cooker (edited 10 October 2000).]

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 3:33 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

Priestessess are also my favourite heroes. I find the 'healing own skellis' ability pretty neat - it sort of portrays a 'take care of your own servants' sort of attitude.

Also, they're pretty powerful at Level 1 with the Drain Life Spell to boot.

True that they might not be as powerful as Wizards during a head-to-head but the topic here is FAVOURITE temple/guild, not BEST temple/guild. When I need more firepower, I baby-sit a wizard. But I still always enjoy producing Priestesses with hordes of skellis during the quests which require them

Hmm.. I also have seen skellis wandering around by themselves, but could this have been a result of their Priestess getting killed? I don't recall seeing skeletons dying once their Priestess is killed.

------------------
"Us? We're just Honest Merchants and Harmless Diplomats."

Spiderman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 7:44 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

It's been a while, but I thought skeletons turn "bad" (red bar) if their Priestess is killed.

------------------
Thwip!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 9:18 am    Post subject: What's Your Favorite Temple or Guild? Reply with quote Back to top

they actually turn neutral (yellow bar)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: