Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Monks are tha' bomb!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 7:12 am    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

I usually always forget to mention my little hairy friends also... but that probably because I almost NEVER use them in a quest.
I use monks more than I use dwarves.

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

Oh an egg comes out of a chicken.
Oh a chicken comes out of an egg.
-Mr. Bungle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 10:38 am    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty Cow, I guess your logic isn't so infallble. I never mention dwarves because I don't give a fig for Dwarves. I never mention Elves because I don't give a fig for Elves. I never mention Gnomes because I don't give fig for Gnomes. In short: ALL THE NON-HUMAN RACES ARE IRRELEVENT TO MY VIEW OF THE WORLD. I don't care whether you recruit Gnomes, Elves, Dwarves, or man-eating slimes! All I know is that almost any hero can beat a Gnome ( but not Gnome Champion, I have to admit), Paladins can skin Elves alive, and Monks can take down those Ballista Towers practically singlehandedly.
Never mind the fact that Dwarves as fighters could be worse than Warriors. Do you think I masquerade as a Dwarf lover? Do you truly think I hate the best hero in the game? I be;lieve I should also tell you, at this point, that I do not believe in lieing. Sarcasm, yes, but not lieing. And since I have declared that that I value Monks above all the other heroes in the game, you call me a liar by saying I do not value them above all other heroes in the game.
And lastly, Pretty Cow, in spite of the tone of this, I do not hate you. I am extremely angry with you, and I might like to pound some sense into your head (not literally), but I do not hate you. Nor, I suspect, does anyone else.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 3:22 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:

Pretty Cow, I guess your logic isn't so infallble. I never mention dwarves because I don't give a fig for Dwarves. I never mention Elves because I don't give a fig for Elves. I never mention Gnomes because I don't give fig for Gnomes. In short: ALL THE NON-HUMAN RACES ARE IRRELEVENT TO MY VIEW OF THE WORLD. I don't care whether you recruit Gnomes, Elves, Dwarves, or man-eating slimes!

If I had figs I'd give them to everyone, Falotar. I thought monks were supposed to be fair and just. Frankly, I'm not even sure what a fig is, though I'm pretty sure they grow on trees. But money doesn't, which is yet another reason why I don't like monks or paladins, and I'm sure you'll agree.

quote:
Originally posted by Falotar:

Do you think I masquerade as a Dwarf lover? Do you truly think I hate the best hero in the game?

quote:
Originally posted by Pretty Cow:

You always forget dwarves when you mention slow characters. This simply means you think that dwarves are the best majesty character and in order to protect them from any criticism whatsoever, you neglect to mention their faults when you should and instead masquerade as a monk lover when you've hated their guts, even though you think monkeys are pretty cool.

You'll notice I said I think you masquerade as a monk lover not dwarf, and I never did say you hated WoDs or Cultists. Seriously, Falotar, hot chocolate is crazy stuff: the milk makes you tired but the chocolate makes you hyper. I really think you should drink some, you know, to lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously. Oh, and I was lying in my last post Falotar. I really do love dwarfs just as much as gnomes and I whole-heartedly agree with you on the subject. It's okay to hide your favorite characters weak points. Remember Falotar, Hot chocolate is the key to success, happiness, and all that other good stuff. Drink some.

------------------
I am a CHAMPION!!!

Falotar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 4:40 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, thank you. I think. But I always take being called a liar seriously, whether you meant it that way or no. But I still think you mistake me. Even though I twisted the words around some, you should still have understood me to say "I do not hate the best hero in the game", not "I do not hate WoDs or Cultists". And I distinctly remember you saying I secretly hated the best hero in the game, so don't bother denying it (well, you said 'Monks', but it comes to the same thing).
And this might as well be as good a time as any to announce that I am withdrawing from all debates as to the superior Temple choice - for the time being. I believe I need a rest. Not hot chocolate though; it's far too hot in California as it is.

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 5:33 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Most of the above babble is just because I was tired and felt like adding a little nonsense to the debate. It happens from time to time so get used to it. I apologize if I inadvertently offended you. Oh by the way, cold chocolate milk works just as well as hot chocolate if not better, and Cultists and WoDs are the best heroes in the game.

------------------
I am a CHAMPION!!!

Son of krypta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 5:58 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Preisstessand cultiest are the bomb

------------------
Elves rule well no duh

MaDnEsS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

We were suppose to be debating superior Temple Combinations? I thought we were just discussing Monks? Oh well... Gnome Hovel w/ Krolm. There's my two cents.

------------------
in MaDnEsS,
MaD

Have you ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight? - Joker

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Tiger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 2:03 am    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Original Quote by Falator:
"ALL THE NON-HUMAN RACES ARE IRRELEVENT TO MY VIEW OF THE WORLD. "

WHY I NEVER!!!! AS A TIGER I AM VERY OFFENDED BY THIS REMARK!
With attitudes like yours in the world, it's little wonder why tigers are an endangered species!

Falotar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2001 11:16 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Ah? So you are a Tiger? Perhaps I should have said 'the choice of Elves, Dwarves, or Gnomes is irrelevant to my view of Temple combinations'. Anyway, I meant no offense to you, Tiger, or to anyone else who might belong to a non-human race.

Tiger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 1:07 am    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I accept your apology, but I don't know if that crowd of miffed Elves, Dwarves, and Gnomes will be as forgiving as I am.
*points at the crowd of miffed Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes advancing towards Falator*

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 12:12 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Really? Are you sure they're not out collecting the Sovereign's standing reward for tigers?

Xetu the Strong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 1:45 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

I will repeat a wise old man. We all like temples for some strange reason, and our subconcious creates a pretext for our liking of them. But, despite all this, MONKS ROCK!

----------------

Falotar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2001 4:30 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds very similar to something I once said...

Pretty Cow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:31 am    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa, I just made this like, crazy discovery! I was playing majesty today and I accidentally clicked on Temple to Dauros instead of Fervus and so I went along with it and the monks, man, they were AWESOME!!! Then I made some Paladins in my warriors guild and they kikked butt! Then I made healers and they healed everyone and stuff so no one died and then I won and I was like Yeah! Well, anyway, I am now coming here to admit that yes, Monks, Paladins, and Healers are indeed almost as good as Cultists, WoDs, and Preistesses

------------------
I am a CHAMPION!!!

[This message has been edited by Pretty Cow (edited 04 September 2001).]

Goldy_Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 2:17 pm    Post subject: Monks are tha' bomb! Reply with quote Back to top

quote:
Originally posted by Tanara:
Usually, if I'm going with Dauros, I won't build any inns - keeps the monks out on the streets beating up rats and things. I put in an extra market instead (3 total) and if I upgrade my palace again, I put the royal gardens well away from their temple. I will put the wizard's guild, and especially library, quite close though.

If I want to level up my Monks (why wouldn't I want to - a level 7 Monk is nearly indestructible) I place their guild in harms way. Instead of not building Inns and Royal Gardens (I don't want to give up their economic benefit) place those too where they are likely to be attacked. In other words, build your kingdom to take advantage of your heroes' behavior and get the heroes where you want them to be. Bless and heal those Monks until they get to about level 5 or so.

Use them when you need highly magic resistant heroes. They are very good against vampires.

Goldy

------------------
"Krolm makes me stronger!...."

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: