Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index Cyberlore Majesty Forum
Original Majesty Forum on Cyberlore.com

Favorite Heroes.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 3:29 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

I know you guys have probably gotten this stuff before, but I'm new and don't know any of you.

So... Post your favorite hero.

My favorite is the Monk (followed closely by the Solarus).

------------------
I want to believe.

Sir Gordon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 12:17 am    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Paladins rule o.k.

And that's the truth....they are the best.

------------------
"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

Kandar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 3:15 am    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahaha! Cultists all the way, followed very closely by Warriors of Discord.

Then comes the Priestess and Adept.

Fwahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

Blastoiseu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:10 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Elves and solarii.

~Blastoiseu

------------------
Why are you looking here?

Signature v1.5

YoshiHatchling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 2:36 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Blastoiseu, I don't really see the pros in using elves. Their Lounges and Halls are really annoying if I'm using lots of Solarii (Monks have a high enough willpower to resist Elven Lounges and Gambling Halls), they're basically souped-up Rangers in combat, each Bungalow only supports two Elves, and their often too busy performing to fight. Although I do like the extra revenue they bring.

I usually employ dwarves in my kingdom.

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I don't really see the pros of Elves.

PS: I do like WoDs a lot, but Cultists and Priestesses aren't very good (I've never had a Priestess go beyond level 5 in a quest), in my opinion. So I usually go with Dauros's soldiers, since their Monks and Pals are strong, but also have enough sense to know when they are totally outnumbered and to get the heck outta there.

------------------
I want to believe.

Kandar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:42 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Fwahahaha!

I don't like elves at all, and I am wondering why anyone would. Generally, you have to think about it...yes, the elves are giving you more gold, but they are stopping heroes from fighting...thus they get less gold...thus they buy less from blacksmiths/libraries/marketplaces, thus you lose money in the long run. Plus elves hardly ever fight, and they die everytime they do. I prefer dwarves with Lunord to give them Winged Feet

Fwahahaha! Three Cheers for Fervus!

------------------
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"

Kandar, Cultist of Fervus

Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:46 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

That's death's reward!
Priestesses are best at expert quests. They are really powerful at high levels and always travel with undeads. Am I the only one dreaminga bout charmed vampire strategies?
BTW - "Elves rule!" You can easily deatroy Lounge&Hall and live happily with much bigger income. And don't make another elves/dwarves/elves topic of this - we know switching... And still can't make it good...

Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:18 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Give me the good old Warriors. I just love their voice lines. "Whoa! In the re-enforcements!"
In the demo that was my favorite line and I've always liked it ever since. Besides when they get paired up with a healer or two they can become unstopable (practically.)
I also find myself growing more fond of gnomes. I don't think they are cool so much as their advantages are. They greatley enhance the lifespan of your buildings in any tough scenario you could play. I also look forward to seeing what perks will be added to them in the Northern expansion!

TaleSpinner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2000 11:55 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Priestesses. Love those Wednesday-lookalikes and their little hordes of horrors.

I started to really like them when one of them did a mass-murder on the enemy rogues back in 'Deal with a Demon'.

With their skellis, they're real great - the skellis keep the baddies at bay while the Priestesses blasts them from afar. And as an extra, the blasts are Life-stealing, which they use to transfer HPs to the skellis in the front-line. Cool, man - real cool

And, of course, just love their voice-lines.

*BLRSH!!* "One more step, to Oblivion!"

------------------
"Us? We're just Honest Merchants and Harmless Diplomats."

Spiderman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:04 am    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

Tiger: Isn't that "Call in the reinforcements"?

------------------
Thwip!

Kit5150

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 8:34 am    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

easy - priestesses

anxiously buys healing potions, summons pets, eager to attack, heals self, heals pets, has magical attack, gets experience for skeletons attacking, levels quickly, and charms vamps at level 7, all for 400 gold.

of course, krypta comes with wither too.

Zorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 10:51 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

plus if a hero is nearby when a friendly skeleton dies they get the skeletons gold (50 i think)...not much but every little bit counts

Shifty Coindrop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:11 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

I like Rogues, especially when it becomes a turf war between them and computer guilds.

But the biggest can of Whoop Ass has to belong to the Barbarian and the Rage of Krolm. Just seeing every Hero blur with speed and burn with vengeance just made up for the constant Elf Raids I had to put up with on Treachery

------------------
-------------
"I'm outta here. I'm good, but Garrett I ain't."

Kishin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 4:40 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

I think i have to say wizards, they tend to suprise me all the time of their idiotic actions, at least when they are low level wizards..

------------------
"Time flowed with innocent steps into oblivion.
From The Unholy Tombs of Sister Gyllest of The Krypta Order"

Twylah Skye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 7:11 pm    Post subject: Favorite Heroes. Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a certified Paladin fan. I like the Agrela/Dauros/Helia/Wizards combination, with lots of Rangers.

Paladins have never failed me in quest-gaming and they rock in Multiplayer.

- Twylah

------------------
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cyberlore Majesty Forum Forum Index -> Heroes & Guilds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: